Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:59 am
*cough* Empire, not Hordes of Chaos. *cough*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:19 pm
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade

A Cannon it is then^^. Now I think I will just equip my general with the sword and shield. Cause they have a lot of magical swords in the book icluding the good old Runefang^^. Cause out of the 10 magical weapons in the list 7 of them are swords. Oh and Drachyench you are correct cause the Great Unclean One has 10 wounds. But fortunately for me he does not have one yet. He does have some Nurgle Chosen Knights though which I think is his most dangerous unit.

Chaos Knights aren't all that dangerous if you handle them right. Just drop an expendible unit in front of them that's turned so that their flank is facing a Cannon. The Knights will probably charge the unit, and will then align themselves with the front also exposing their flank. When the unit dies the Cannon will still have a nice view of the Knight's flank, and you blast them to tiny pieces. 3nodding

Furies are great, relatively cheap units that are good at keeping things like that from happening.

But that would obviously mean *gasp!* a Chaos player actually using tactics. Most Chaos players underestimate the versatility of furies.

Psh, screw Furies. Screamers FTW. xd

I've always considered screamers a little on the expensive side, myself...They make great screens, though. Especially with their T4, 5+ ward save, skirmisher, and that slashing ability where they fly over the people.

But it seems like too many points to invest in neutralizing a war machine. Just my opinion, though.

Or you could just fight fire with fire and just Hellcannon their arses to well hell^^. Oh and if I had a choice out of Furies or Screamers I would go for Furies allthough I would go with screamers once in a while. On another note maybe we should keep on topic.

Ok... sweatdrop

Does anyone know if a Master Engineer can hold his own in close combat?  

Lethkhar

Centigrade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:59 am
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar

Furies are great, relatively cheap units that are good at keeping things like that from happening.

But that would obviously mean *gasp!* a Chaos player actually using tactics. Most Chaos players underestimate the versatility of furies.

I've always considered screamers a little on the expensive side, myself...They make great screens, though. Especially with their T4, 5+ ward save, skirmisher, and that slashing ability where they fly over the people.

But it seems like too many points to invest in neutralizing a war machine. Just my opinion, though.

Or you could just fight fire with fire and just Hellcannon their arses to well hell^^. Oh and if I had a choice out of Furies or Screamers I would go for Furies allthough I would go with screamers once in a while. On another note maybe we should keep on topic.

Ok... sweatdrop

Well he may do ok against lightly armored units. But say if he went up against some chaos knights it would be pretty tough for him. Master Egineers are best kept at long range as they have a few tricks up their sleeves from a range. But if your set on him getting into close combat I would allmost certainly take a Mechanical Steed to give him a little extre punch on the charge.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:23 am
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar

Ok... sweatdrop

Well he may do ok against lightly armored units. But say if he went up against some chaos knights it would be pretty tough for him. Master Egineers are best kept at long range as they have a few tricks up their sleeves from a range. But if your set on him getting into close combat I would allmost certainly take a Mechanical Steed to give him a little extre punch on the charge.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mommy!

Actually you'd be surprised just how well these guys can handle in combat. Drop him on a Mechanical Steed and throw him the Speculum and laugh as your foolish opponent accepts your challenge.

I've also once had a Master Engineer save a Cannon from some Fell Bats using that one sword that lets him strike first. (Can't remember what the name was at the moment.)

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Centigrade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:53 am
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Lethkhar

Ok... sweatdrop

Mommy!

Actually you'd be surprised just how well these guys can handle in combat. Drop him on a Mechanical Steed and throw him the Speculum and laugh as your foolish opponent accepts your challenge.

I've also once had a Master Engineer save a Cannon from some Fell Bats using that one sword that lets him strike first. (Can't remember what the name was at the moment.)

Yes?

That sword that makes you strike first is The Sword of Sigismund and also gives you +1 strength aswell. So Engineers can handle themselves ok in CC providing you give them the right equipment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:43 am
Centigrade
Everlasting Chaos
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Centigrade
Lethkhar

Ok... sweatdrop

Mommy!

Yes?

That sword that makes you strike first is The Sword of Sigismund and also gives you +1 strength aswell. So Engineers can handle themselves ok in CC providing you give them the right equipment.
Mommy!

Yeah, that was the one. So yeah, if you REALLY want to make an Engineer good in combat just give him a good magic weapon and try to get the charge.

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Centigrade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:30 pm
Oh I can not wait to face my friends Nurgle army. I know exactly all the models he has got. He has got 4 characters(1 Nurgle Lord, 1 Sorcerer, 1 Exalted and 1 Aspiring), 2 units of 12 Warriors, 2 units of 16 Marauders, 1 Chariot, 1 unit of 5 Marauder horsemen, 1 unit of 5 Knights and 1 unit of 5 Warhounds. Yeah it is a small army but how do you think I should deal with it when I inevitably come up against it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:20 pm
Centigrade
Oh I can not wait to face my friends Nurgle army. I know exactly all the models he has got. He has got 4 characters(1 Nurgle Lord, 1 Sorcerer, 1 Exalted and 1 Aspiring), 2 units of 12 Warriors, 2 units of 16 Marauders, 1 Chariot, 1 unit of 5 Marauder horsemen, 1 unit of 5 Knights and 1 unit of 5 Warhounds. Yeah it is a small army but how do you think I should deal with it when I inevitably come up against it?

Simple strategy: Shoot him and hope you kill them all before they reach your front lines.

Basically, just avoid close combat. Chaos tends to dominate in that situation.

Use handguns, those are armour piercing.

Other than that, rely on someone else for tips. sweatdrop  

Lethkhar

Centigrade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:55 am
Oh I just realised that I've got an Ogre Kingdoms Battalion under my bed. Now I can use anything out of them besides the Gnoblars. Those Ogres should give me a little more choice plus boost my Close Combat potential.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:10 am
Lethkhar
Centigrade

Simple strategy: Shoot him and hope you kill them all before they reach your front lines.

Mommy!

Another good idea would be to use Pistoliers against these guys. Fast Cavalry means they're quite good at getting out of the enemy's charge arc.

Yes?

Everlasting Chaos

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:41 am
Centigrade
Oh I just realised that I've got an Ogre Kingdoms Battalion under my bed. Now I can use anything out of them besides the Gnoblars. Those Ogres should give me a little more choice plus boost my Close Combat potential.

I will warn you now that attempting to best Chaos in close combat is suicide...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:43 am
Everlasting Chaos
Lethkhar
Centigrade

Mommy!

Another good idea would be to use Pistoliers against these guys. Fast Cavalry means they're quite good at getting out of the enemy's charge arc.

Yes?

Excellent idea. As a Chaos player, those guys have tended to turn the tides.  

Lethkhar

Centigrade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:38 pm
Lethkhar
Centigrade

But a unit of Ironguts should be a challenge for allmost any unit in the Chaos army list. They would combat the most dangerous units that get a little too close to my more valuable and fragile units. But overall I would not go out of my way to seek close combat though. Oh yeah allways intended to take a unit of Pistoliers and I may also take a unit of Outriders aswell.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:26 pm
Centigrade
Lethkhar
Centigrade

But a unit of Ironguts should be a challenge for allmost any unit in the Chaos army list. They would combat the most dangerous units that get a little too close to my more valuable and fragile units. But overall I would not go out of my way to seek close combat though. Oh yeah allways intended to take a unit of Pistoliers and I may also take a unit of Outriders aswell.

Whatever, dude.

You've been warned. If the Chaos player is any good, just avoid the units that are painted red. Oh, and avoid the sorceror that's painted blue. He'll take out the ironguts in one or two turns if need be.

Oh, and avoid the big red guy with wings and horns...Your ironguts won't hold him for very long, if he even bothers with them.

How many of them are you planning on fielding?  

Lethkhar

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Lethkhar
Centigrade

Mommy!

And that's what Flagellants are for... ninja

Seriously though, I've done it. I had a unit of Flagellants take on a unit of Khorne Chosen Knights w/ Juggernaught Lord. They managed to hold long enough for me to bring some Greatswords with a Spearman detatchment as well as a unit of Free Company into combat with the Knights. I broke them. Caught them too. xd

Yes?

Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces