Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
VGD:::Vidya Game Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:32 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
I try to avoid making those sorts of places too. I like my places to look nice. ^^ I could never break even with my Sim Cities, but at least they had low crime rate and high education.

SimCity 3000 was the easiest of the various SimCity games. If you kept the game paused for a bit at the very beginning while you set up a few things, didn't take out any loans, set your garbage dumps are the far edge of the map away from everything else, and lowered your tax rate a bit to draw people in... You could reach a point where you could set the tax rate at 1% and still turn a profit. The other trick was to stick any high pollution power plants over with the garbage dumps as nobody wants to live near those things either, and never go nuclear as meltdowns are never fun to deal with.

I think I had SimCity 2000. Still, maybe the same advice applies. I forget what my tax rates were like, but I do remember taking out loans.

SimCity 2000 was probably the hardest or at least the hardest of the ones I did play. I don't think I played a game more determined than that to see that the player fails.

Wow. No wonder I failed so miserably. xd I think my problem with it is that I took out one too many loans and for some reason people just didn't want to flock to my city. I had fun with the disaster options though.

I generally hate the loans in the SimCity games. It's like all you end up doing is going into debt where you cannot earn money fast enough to pay them off. I think it is generally better to stay debt free as much as you can and take things more slowly. It's one thing to take out a loan because a disaster hit your city, and you need a lot of money quickly to clean up after it. Even then if you think you can sweat it out without the loan, I think it is better not to touch them.

Maybe I should give the game another shot sometime, this time without any loans. I'd take longer, but there's no point in having a full city if you're constantly in the red.

It's funny, I hate paying for stuff using credit card in real life, but in a video game I'll take loan after loan thinking I'll just make it back later.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:04 pm
Sara Hysaro
Maybe I should give the game another shot sometime, this time without any loans. I'd take longer, but there's no point in having a full city if you're constantly in the red.

It's funny, I hate paying for stuff using credit card in real life, but in a video game I'll take loan after loan thinking I'll just make it back later.

With SimCity 2000, I think the difficulty of that game is such that you are doomed to fail at some point. It may be possible to make a profitable city in that game, but it isn't as easy as with the other games.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:06 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

With SimCity 2000, I think the difficulty of that game is such that you are doomed to fail at some point. It may be possible to make a profitable city in that game, but it isn't as easy as with the other games.

Oh wow. Isn't that bad game design? To make it so difficult that it's next to impossible to actually win? Oo  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:17 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Oh wow. Isn't that bad game design? To make it so difficult that it's next to impossible to actually win? Oo

Yes  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:27 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

Yes

I thought so. xp It's a shame my dad didn't leave me one of the better Sim City games. Which one was your favorite of the ones you've played?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:54 pm
Sara Hysaro
I thought so. xp It's a shame my dad didn't leave me one of the better Sim City games. Which one was your favorite of the ones you've played?

SimCity 3000  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:04 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

SimCity 3000

Hehe, the news ticker in that one sounds pretty entertaining. ^^ It's nice that the Sims games don't take themselves too seriously. They wouldn't be half as entertaining if they did.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 pm
>install sim city 3000

>load pre-made city

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:41 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

SimCity 3000

Hehe, the news ticker in that one sounds pretty entertaining. ^^ It's nice that the Sims games don't take themselves too seriously. They wouldn't be half as entertaining if they did.

I don't think they would be all that fun if they did treat themselves as serious business.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

SimCity 3000

I don't think they would be all that fun if they did treat themselves as serious business.

Nope, probably not. I think the most entertaining part of the PS2 version of The Sims 2 was going through the shopping catalog and reading the item description. Bad game, good sense of humor. ^^

The Undead Suitor
>install sim city 3000

>load pre-made city

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

>TORNADO

O_O Wow, that's some bad luck there. Was the pre-made city in Kansas?  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:05 am
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

SimCity 3000

Nope, probably not. I think the most entertaining part of the PS2 version of The Sims 2 was going through the shopping catalog and reading the item description. Bad game, good sense of humor. ^^

I never played The Sims 2, just Medieval and the original The Sims. For the latter, I had all the expansions except for the Harry Potter ripoff expansion. My favorite expansion was the one that added pets as you could just build and design houses without having sims living in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:49 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro

SimCity 3000

I never played The Sims 2, just Medieval and the original The Sims. For the latter, I had all the expansions except for the Harry Potter ripoff expansion. My favorite expansion was the one that added pets as you could just build and design houses without having sims living in it.

I'm not really sure I'd like just designing houses without designing the family that lives in it. My favorite part of The Sims are the Sims themselves, and seeing all the silly things that they do. That's just me though. In any case, how would you pay the bills? xd Were there no bills in the first game?  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

I'm not really sure I'd like just designing houses without designing the family that lives in it. My favorite part of The Sims are the Sims themselves, and seeing all the silly things that they do. That's just me though. In any case, how would you pay the bills? xd Were there no bills in the first game?

In that mode, you're just building and designing a house with nobody living in it. I think they added it because in the original The Sims, it seemed like you were spending most of your time either building up their stats, sending them off to work or thwarting their attempts to burn down the house.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:59 pm
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

In that mode, you're just building and designing a house with nobody living in it. I think they added it because in the original The Sims, it seemed like you were spending most of your time either building up their stats, sending them off to work or thwarting their attempts to burn down the house.

Well, I suppose if they lacked all sense in that game to the point that it was more frustrating than entertaining then I suppose a mode without them would be nice. Plus, it's nice for the people who just want to build houses without all of the extra stuff. ^^

The Sims 2 was a bit better in that regard. I mean, you're still building up their stats and making sure they don't miss work, but at least they usually don't start fires. There's a chance of it if they have a low cooking stat, but I've yet to see that. Oo Same with being electrocuted from repairing things.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:15 pm
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby
Sara Hysaro
Sachie Whitby

Well, I suppose if they lacked all sense in that game to the point that it was more frustrating than entertaining then I suppose a mode without them would be nice. Plus, it's nice for the people who just want to build houses without all of the extra stuff. ^^

The Sims 2 was a bit better in that regard. I mean, you're still building up their stats and making sure they don't miss work, but at least they usually don't start fires. There's a chance of it if they have a low cooking stat, but I've yet to see that. Oo Same with being electrocuted from repairing things.

I gave them no cooking appliances until everyone's cooking skill was at least high enough that they could prepare food without setting the house on fire. This meant that they were eating salads for all meals.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff