20%  [ 11 ]
Ska is god.
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 am
MCS4evr0
IT DOESN'T ******** MATTER WHAT A STEREOTYPES ABOUT BUD ITS NOT LIKE IT FEELS ANY DIFFERENT... and I totally get what your saying bro, but seriously, cliques are not 100% based on music which is what your saying here. I bet I can guess your home life right here. You live in an upper-middle class society, you go to the best public school in your county. You have a 2 or 3 story house with an attic and probably a basement. Either your attic or your basement is teched out with something like a home theater system, a computer 1 or more, and probably something like a kitchenette or bar. Both your parents work, they're still together. You are somewhere between the ages of 16 and 21... Your parents probably bought you your first car, which may not have been what you wanted but HEY, ITS A CAR. And your an EXTREME republican who's mostly likely against homosexuality. If I got anything wrong I would love to know biggrin

Gladly.

First of all, I never said anything about cliques. I was talking about music scenes. About the stereotypes, again, prejudice against something somebody can't control, giving way to stereotypes, is much different than not caring about the woes of every teenage d**k and Jane that wants to advertise to the world their own self-imposed depression.

And now, for the main event, to correct your horribly wrong assumations.

1)You live in an upper-middle class society, - No. We're not in poverty or anything, but a teacher can only make so much money. So, I guess we're just about middle-class. Can't be frivolous, but we live comfortably.

2)you go to the best public school in your county. - I go to the only public school in my town, which, last time I checked, was how public schools went. I did go to a catholic school on a scholarship for two years, but the overwhelming and unapposed downright fascism of the administration, and the school community in general, got to be a bit too much. In case you were wondering, I'm agnostic. This way, if I die, I have some form of 'faith insurance', but if I find a religion I can truly believe in, there won't be a problem with conversion. That may come across as cold and calculated, but it really isn't. It just seems that way. sweatdrop

3)You have a 2 or 3 story house - 2 stories. You got me there.
3a)with an attic and - If crawlspaces are considered attics.
3b)probably a basement. - The one we got after our house burned down? Yea.

4) Either your attic or your basement is teched out - No.
4a)with something like a home theater system, - No.
4b)a computer 1 or more, - We have one computer in the entire house.
4c)and probably something like a kitchenette or bar. -My mom doesn't drink.

5)Both your parents work, - No.

6)they're still together. - They got divorced when I was about five, and my dad died in '04.

7)You are somewhere between the ages of 16 and 21... - Yes.

cool Your parents probably bought you your first car, which may not have been what you wanted but HEY, ITS A CAR. - No. My mom helped a little bit, but not too much. I still love my car though.

9)And your an EXTREME republican - Absolutely not. We were raised without any real political bias, but with the idea that everyone is equal and deserves the same treatment.

10)who's mostly likely against homosexuality - Again, no. Completely untrue. What would be the point of someone unsure of his sexuality being homophobic?

So that brings the final score to... 3.5/10 #3, 3b, and 7 are correct. I'm giving you half a point for #2 because I'm in such a good mood.

And don't try to give me some bullshit about how this proves a point about stereotypes, because there is no stereotype for someone who won't accept the bullshit of emo kids and I'm not stupid enough to fall into that trap. You just wanted to give yourself a reason to dislike me. Which you did by taking everything you resented and hated and putting the image of me on top of it. -insert mandatory personal attack on you here-  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:38 pm
Well all I can say really say is sorry bout ur dad bro...  

MCS4evr0

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 pm
This is exactly why I didn't say anything about it. See how all of a sudden I'm just some sobbing child in need of love? The whole situation changed and now you don't want to defend yourself or disagree with me, in fear of me losing it and no longer being able to handle life. It's a story I'm tired of hearing.

I don't want or need your pity or sympathy. I'm not a little kid and I dealt with it long ago. It just further proves my point that you don't need to walk around all bitter and resentful to deal with your problems, if they actually exist.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:19 pm
Dude, I'm not saying your an emotional wreck, dont be such a d**k about it...  

MCS4evr0

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:50 pm
Being a d**k is what I do.

The simple fct that you didn't wanna fight all of a sudden tells me one of two things. Either 1) You had nothing more to say, or 2) Whatever I said in my post made you wary of an argument with me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:16 am
Dude, how the hell am I supposed 2 prove my point 2 someone who's been through s**t like that. I mean you totally disprove like everything I've said. I'm not stopping just because of whats happened, thats not it. It's because your totally normal AND you've been through a hell of a lot. What am I supposed 2 prove 2 u when uve disproved almost all of what I've said!?!  

MCS4evr0

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:13 pm
MCS4evr0
nothing_noone_blank
well come on guys don't be hating on Emo. I'm not saying everything they say is cool. I mean saying all emo is crying and whinning is so un-true and stereotyping is not cool. Emocore didn't start about with just a bunch of kids whinning. it was supposed to be a more meaningful kind of music. Not crying. People just say Emo is like that just to make fun of music they don't like. if you can say this about emo than emokids have the same right to make fun of how ska sounds and how we dance. please respect other people's opinions. that way the world becomes a better place 3nodding
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU! Ok look, I hate emo music but seriously emo ppl arent all depressed and cut themselves and s**t. Its complete bullshit. Its like saying all black ppl eat fried chicken, or asians cant ******** drive... I mean seriously. You're probly gonna think I'm crazy but emo ppl are the happiest ppl Ive ever met. No ******** lie. Emo ppl have gone thru so much s**t... its not even funny. I like emo ppl cuz they don't really care about what people look like, or how they act and s**t. Theyre too bitter to care. Emo ppl just go out and have a good time and live it up while they can and then go home and deal with drunk parents, and divorces, and brothers being stoned out on the couch. I mean seriously, and I only know like one emo person that cuts (my gf... eek ) but seriously. Heres ska kids: wearing ugly a** clothes, they do this wierd a** dance that looks like they're retards trying to kick someone, all they do is stone and drink, all the music they listen to is made by stoned jamaican hippies who do nothing but write music on their porch and smoke pot...

First of all how the ******** is having a stoned brother a problem? It really doesn't matter, it actually makes them funnier to be around. Drunk parents I can understand but I've never met any poor emos. Ever. They all shop at stores that charge 60 dollars for some dumb chain covered pants that are pre-ripped. Bull s**t dude, I've met emos that good around but that doesn't make them happy or eliminate that a base of the entire current popular emo culture is whining like a p***y at some fake a** problems. I'd rather have drunk parents and stoned brothers then be in poverty and having to figure out getting a job at 15 to feed the family.

So if you hate ska kids why are you in this guild exactly? Is it just to be a douche perhaps? I don't consider myself really in the ska scene (more skinhead punk scene) so I can't defend this that well but I can say that ska kids dress damn good. They wear nice clothes, better then wearing ******** up clothes that are expensive. Skanking is a way better dance then what emos do at shows (either headbang or stand there), and if you've ever seen anyone skanking well, it looks closer to running then trying to kick. If they're emos that are happy then why are they emo? Is it possible that they're average people who just happen to like emo, but aren't really immersed in the scene? Similar to how I happen to like ska perhaps? Plus, emos are really huge conformists, they all dress with the latest styles in their scene, and think they're different cause they get sad about minor s**t and don't dress like jocks. Then they try to hang out with punks (that is where I get annoyed).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:20 pm
MCS4evr0
Second Hand Opinion
Worthless Marshmellow
This is just my personal opinion but I think EMO music is just stupid.
"I cut myself because my boyfriend doesn't E-love me".
It's just really retarded depressing songs with terrible lyrics.
Why listen to that when you have AWESOME ska music to listen to that makes you happy?
heart Just a thought... heart
Wow, prejudice much? You're using a stereotype there. Some people have real problems you know. You mean scream boohoo, btu the chemical balance in their brains causing depression is pretty much yelling at them telling them that they're worthless. What makes you think you're better than them? That you seem happier, yes, I dislike stereotypical emos. Yet you DARE put cutting in there? Do you even know what a serious issue that is? It's not always cutting either. Do some freakin' research before you start mocking people.
Also thankyou! Thats very right, the psychological aspect is devastating... I mean yeah, ur probly thinking "I deal with the same s**t everyday and I'm fine" and for some of you, your right but its how you DEAL with it! Look... I know this girl and mom left the family when she was about 4 i wanna say, her dads a TOTAL drunk, and her brother just recently moved to LA from Virginia to get away from the whole situation. I mean imagine going thru normal adolesence with THAT hanging over your head... sick bastards

One of my best friend's parents divorced when he was a little kid, his mom was a meth adict and his dad was a coke head, they both kicked their habits (although his dad kept smoking pot but there's nothing wrong with that), but because of the meth his mom's seritonin and dopemine receptors (the receptors that make you happy basically) were dysfunctional so she was the biggest b***h you can imagine and extremly neglective, and his dad drank a fair amount. My friend is fine and never got remotly emo. I used to get beat up a lot, my solution wasn't to whine but to learn to fight and beat the s**t out of anyone who attacked me, emo's just a fad and it'll pass.

Here is some more proof of you being wrong- for pretty much the entire course of modern history (people in medievil times were huge alchohalics) people have had problems, yet there have never been emos as they are in the popular sence currently until quite recently, but people dealt with it fine before. Emo. Is. A. Trend.  

The Leninator!

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:29 pm
MCS4evr0
LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Okay, okay seriously... are u trying to make me die of laughter!?! I'm comparing sterotypes... it doesn't matter what the stereotypes are about at ******** all... u act like Emo kids don't deserve to be treated as well as u do... and hell no I don't listen to MCR -pukes- BTW, emo kids dont try 2 be cool, thats not how it works. I don't know what kinda emo kids YOU know, but yeah emo kids dont try to be 'cool' at all. Hell naw. And yes, im dead ******** serious when I talked about the dress and personality, at least the emo people I hang out with beleive in freedom of expression. And saying that only emo ppl wear band shirts with tight pants and dark shoes... thats punk kids, most definately punk kids... if YOUR gonna say something get it right. Also, I ********' love Ska im just SHOWING YOU HOW IT FEELS, SEE HOW PISSED OFF YOU GOT!?! Also, yeah Ska kids also tend to wear nothin but band shirts, jeans, and checkered s**t... trust me I know plenty of em. Now idk the color of the cave ur livin in, but don't judge people you don't even ******** know alright?

Emo kids purposly try to be uncool, which to them is cool. They act incredably alike. You have no idea what punk is do you? When someone trys to talk to me about punk and is wearing tight pants I start to get pissed off, and when I hear the words Yellow Card, Green Day, Blink 182, or any other band like that, I hit them. That's not punk. Let me give you some examples of standard punk dress (for what I consider punk, the rest is just shitty rock or pop-rock)-
http://s.yottamusic.com/i/bs59.1SYe/375x375
http://www.gaztesarea.net/musikale/irudiak/musikasi_street-punk_sham69.jpg
http://www.deadkennedys.com/images/pictures/band/10b.jpg

Now here's standard emo dress (for most emos who are considered "true emos" by the scene now)-
http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/images/photos/depends/A7XPromo2.jpg
http://www.fnokd.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/emo_kid.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/tminusdeath/image-15238.jpg

Look and understand. Emos= pussies.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:48 am
Yeah, yeah. Great 80s punk pictures. FIND ME A MODERN ONE  

MCS4evr0

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:06 am
MCS4evr0
Yeah, yeah. Great 80s punk pictures. FIND ME A MODERN ONE

Punk is dead. Sure there are a few good punk bands, like The Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Rancid, and Gogol Bordello but the best punk of all time was in the 70s and 80s, and there's not enough punk now for there to be a good scene. So it's dead. Here, I'll find a few pics but I hold that the really great punk bands are gone, and now there's some pretty good ones like-
Gogol Bordello-
http://www.razziphoto.com/wordpress/wp-content/photos/CRW_6108.jpg

Dropkick Murphys-
http://photo.sing365.com/music/picture.nsf/Dropkick-Murphys-photo/48256C71003578A248256C22000F5F8E/$file/dm.jpg

Flogging Molly (although they're as much Irish Rock as Irish Punk)-
http://students.ou.edu/C/Morgan.D.Clarke-1/flogmolly1.jpg

Rancid-
http://image.listen.com/img/356x237/6/9/4/1/651496_356x237.jpg

I see no tight pants anywhere. I don't know any punkers who wear tight pants either, and I hang out primarily with punks.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:17 am
Oooh... I love every one of those bands you listed, and Dead Kennedy's were definitely wearing tight pants. The guy in The Clash on far left was too. HAHA Emo kinda reminds me of the glam rock scene for some reason.  

MCS4evr0

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:38 am
The Dead Kennedys wore jeans by the looks of it to me. If there is slack and folds in the jeans then they aren't "tight" (Jello Biafra also said "Never dress in any uniform, including that bought at the generic punk boutique"). The same for the Clash. They were punk though, not glam.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:28 am
Oh dude I know punk, I'm just saying this "emo movement" as you call it kinda reminds me of the glam rock movement.  

MCS4evr0

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:08 pm
True, cross dressing he-she's dominate it. Lots of moaning over old girlfriends. I guess it is kinda similar.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff