Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Collowrath
Tea - I've only ever had Russian Caravan at a local tea shop and I'm not sure of the quality (as I've never had a comparison). Can you recommend to me a brand or a place to acquire online a high quality Russian Caravan?
Mark T. Wendell makes a good one. More of a casual good solid tea than something you would buy to showcase the type of tea.
Available Here  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:30 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Tea - I've only ever had Russian Caravan at a local tea shop and I'm not sure of the quality (as I've never had a comparison). Can you recommend to me a brand or a place to acquire online a high quality Russian Caravan?
Mark T. Wendell makes a good one. More of a casual good solid tea than something you would buy to showcase the type of tea.
Available Here

Thank you so much! Any brewing tips to ensure I get the most out of it?  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:36 pm
Collowrath
160 degrees for five seconds in about 1/4c water, discard, then infuse in a cup for 45 seconds. The amount of leaves depends on how strong you like your tea. I usually go under a half tea spoon myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:08 am
TeaDidikai
Tea's Grilled White Peaches in a Chiyo Glaze

Serves 6 (or two if you love them too much to share)

Ingredients:
3 White Peaches, near ripe
1t Russian Caravan
1t Yemmon Gold
One each of the following dried fruit:
Date, Fig, Apricot and Peach

Infuse the tea in a cup of water for 5 seconds then discard the infusion and set aside the leaves.

In a small sauce pot heat enough water to cover the dried fruit.
Simmer gently until the infusion is reduced to a syrup (try to keep the fruit from sticking to the bottom without it breaking up into nothing)

Remove the fruit gently and take off of the heat.
Allow to cool to 160 degrees and allow leaves to remain for one minute before removing.

Heat your grill and halve your peaches.
Toss the peaches fuzz up onto the grill and remove only when they give slightly when pressure is applied with the tongues.

Brush the glaze onto the peaches and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

That sounds delicious! When I have some peaches, I am most definitely going to try this out. Thank you very much!

Princess of Rhymes

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:26 am
Welcome.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 am
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
160 degrees for five seconds in about 1/4c water, discard, then infuse in a cup for 45 seconds. The amount of leaves depends on how strong you like your tea. I usually go under a half tea spoon myself.

Thanks a lot! biggrin I would never have thought to soak the leaves slightly before infusing. I'm new to loose leaf. sweatdrop  

Collowrath

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:52 pm
Under half a teaspoon? Wow!

For a pot that makes about 1 1/2 cups, I use as many teaspoons.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:21 am
patch99329
Under half a teaspoon? Wow!

For a pot that makes about 1 1/2 cups, I use as many teaspoons.
I tend to like a more subtle flavor, granted.

I also only make about a cup at a time.  

TeaDidikai

Xayim XVI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:07 pm
Any tips for someone new to loose leaf? I'm about to go (attempt to) buy my first loose leaf tea.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:27 pm
I got Guayaki Traditional Yerba Mate. As my first loose leaf, I made it with an esspresso maker and is beyond anything bagged tea can do. I love it!

Xayim XVI

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:18 am
MissDracoMalfoy1993
I got Guayaki Traditional Yerba Mate. As my first loose leaf, I made it with an esspresso maker and is beyond anything bagged tea can do. I love it!
That's not tea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:49 am
Ah, darn. It was the only loose leaf anything I could find. Of course, I was looking only at my local supermarkert, so that might explain it. I doubt there's a specialty shop anywhere near where I live.

Xayim XVI

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:24 pm
MissDracoMalfoy1993
Of course, I was looking only at my local supermarkert, so that might explain it.
~shrug~ My local supermarket has loose leaf tea.
Quote:

I doubt there's a specialty shop anywhere near where I live.
Health Food Stores often carry some form of loose leaf Camellia Sinesis. You can also usually find something in a larger nearby city, to say nothing of the joys of internet mail order.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm
So, I'm going into Portland on Sunday around 1pm. I'm contemplating if I want to go to Original Tao or Tazo.

Any votes and anyone going to meet up with me there?  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:35 pm
Ended up at the original Tao of Tea Tea House. Can't say I was impressed, but it was mostly because of our server.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games