Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:27 am

Heh. Sounds like your work is exciting if nothing else, dwerger.

I'm officially done with (yet another) round of physical therapy! Hoo-yah! Well...kinda. There's really nothing that PT could do to mend my mostly torn PCL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:38 pm
that ain't nuthin.

We at Marx fusion bistro have to butcher our own meats, so we had a bandsaw for portioning frozen beef. it's pretty cramped, and some moron passed by a coworker from behind and bumped him. His hand went forward about four inches and sliced his entire thumb of his right hand clean off.

He gets paid serious bank by the insurance company, who demanded we remove the bandsaw.

Funny, he was totally ignoring the SOP of bandsaw use, he shoul have never extended his thumb like that. Can't tell you how many times we ragged on him for it, and lo and behold... Didn't listen...  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Procrastination is an agent of Chaos. Hell, it's their greatest power.

How do I know this? Procrastination caused the Horus Heresy. The Emperor thought something was up, but he waited to see if he was indeed right in his suspicions of Horus.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 am
Actually, the horus heresy happened because the emperor was really intent on winning the "worst dad ever" award for being such an a*****e.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 am

Man, you're right! He just needs a wifebeater and a can of beer and he could have been on COPs!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:02 pm
Commissar Hark
that ain't nuthin.

We at Marx fusion bistro have to butcher our own meats, so we had a bandsaw for portioning frozen beef. it's pretty cramped, and some moron passed by a coworker from behind and bumped him. His hand went forward about four inches and sliced his entire thumb of his right hand clean off.

He gets paid serious bank by the insurance company, who demanded we remove the bandsaw.

Funny, he was totally ignoring the SOP of bandsaw use, he shoul have never extended his thumb like that. Can't tell you how many times we ragged on him for it, and lo and behold... Didn't listen...

I just said that the panel saw was the last bad accident.
The two worst one's I know of on guy put his hand in the inspection door of a CAD router. The blade was still moving at the time. Also a violation of at least 3 SOPs. He got to keep two of the fingers on that hand. eek
The other person accidently ran their arm thru the lamintater. I'm not sure what they got to keep of that arm.
And there are plenty more I'm sure. The company has plants world wide.  

dwerger13

1,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:49 am
dwerger13
Commissar Hark
that ain't nuthin.

The two worst one's I know of on guy put his hand in the inspection door of a CAD router. The blade was still moving at the time. Also a violation of at least 3 SOPs. He got to keep two of the fingers on that hand. eek
The other person accidently ran their arm thru the lamintater. I'm not sure what they got to keep of that arm.

Ah, the American workplace, where you can be a complete ******** retard and still make enough money to support your completely ******** retarded children. All fifteen of them.

Anyone else scared shitless by Mike Judge's movie Idiocracy?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:53 am
Commissar Hark
dwerger13
Commissar Hark
that ain't nuthin.

Ah, the American workplace, where you can be a complete ******** retard and still make enough money to support your completely ******** retarded children. All fifteen of them.

Anyone else scared shitless by Mike Judge's movie Idiocracy?

To be fair the last two I mentioned happened over 4 years ago so were not retarded. At least most of us. Also the plant has reduced it's injuries by half. It's just that when someone does somthing stupid, it tends to be bad.
I'm more worried that the kids that come in to work for us don't know anything at all. I had to tell one of them where Tibet was.  

dwerger13

1,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:33 am
You wouldn't happen to have a blood splattered sign with the line "XX days since our last accident"? xp  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am
Kaori Kapoigne
You wouldn't happen to have a blood splattered sign with the line "XX days since our last accident"? xp

cuz that's just awesome.  

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:20 am

Well, I laughed when I saw it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 am
That Golden Throne place is a good example of idiocracy  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:05 am

Oh god, Golden Throne. I haven't looked at that place in ages. How bad is it looking now?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:18 am
Caleidah

Oh god, Golden Throne. I haven't looked at that place in ages. How bad is it looking now?
From what a friend told me it is a private group that seems to let new people in but ignores them as much as possible afterwards. Only regulars seem to be noticed there, everybody else is ignored. neutral  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Oh, now that's just a shame.
*begins to infiltrate*

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games