Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:45 am
Started on Alien: Isolation. I think this is one I'm going to play in bursts, the tension after a while really seems to get to me. Doesn't help that the soundtrack suitably adapts to the situation, making the wait for an elevator nerve-racking to say the least.

Only fear right now is that Dan Abnett is involved with the writing.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:38 pm
So this game could make your heart explode from fear or something?

emotion_awesome  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:22 pm
At this rate I'll be dead before the game is over. Others are having the same problem. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:44 pm
In spess nobody can hear you s**t your pants. blaugh  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:52 pm
BrookM
Started on Alien: Isolation. I think this is one I'm going to play in bursts, the tension after a while really seems to get to me. Doesn't help that the soundtrack suitably adapts to the situation, making the wait for an elevator nerve-racking to say the least.

Only fear right now is that Dan Abnett is involved with the writing.

I've been playing it lately too, I picked it up for my birthday on Steam. I had to stop because my head hurt but it definitely was getting a little nerve wracking trying to get past the Alien to get the damn elevator.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 pm
BrookM
Aliens: Isolation + Dan Abnett = ??

eek surprised  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:16 am
Vikki Stardust
In spess nobody can hear you s**t your pants. blaugh
There is no shame in quitting the game before dying right? emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:17 am
Volan d Vol
I've been playing it lately too, I picked it up for my birthday on Steam. I had to stop because my head hurt but it definitely was getting a little nerve wracking trying to get past the Alien to get the damn elevator.
The motion tracker isn't helping either! emotion_puke  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:17 am
Asmondai
BrookM
Aliens: Isolation + Dan Abnett = ??

eek surprised
I like Dan, a lot. He's great at world building and setting a theme for something, he's horrible at making stories end properly though, they always rush towards the end.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:34 am
BrookM
Volan d Vol
The motion tracker isn't helping either! emotion_puke

I can already tell, the way it blurs everything else while you're looking at it...Ugh...But hopefully it'll be worth it in the end. I've already died twice, once when I made a mad dash for the elevator and the Alien was like "SURPRISE MOTHER ********!!!" and then once I got shot to death .___.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:19 pm
Volan d Vol
I can already tell, the way it blurs everything else while you're looking at it...Ugh...But hopefully it'll be worth it in the end. I've already died twice, once when I made a mad dash for the elevator and the Alien was like "SURPRISE MOTHER ********!!!" and then once I got shot to death .___.
If you press the right mouse button your vision will focus on your surroundings, blurring the motion tracker. It takes some getting used to, but when on the move I usually keep alternating between the two while keeping my ears pricked for the beeping of the motion tracker. Even if it isn't in your arc it will still tell you where it's coming from. And call me chickenshit, but I never run, I always keep crouched, because I don't want to get noticed no matter what. sweatdrop

Deaths for me so far.. Once via synthetic, who caught me unaware as I was rerouting the power in a section. One moment I was checking what to switch off the next moment I was staring into the dead plastic eyes of a Working Joe. That it went "TUT. TUT. TUT." as it beat me to death was the icing on the cake.

And the alien.. I hid in a cabinet before it reached me. I thought it had moved on after a while, only for it to suddenly slam a claw into the door, tear it out and shove its face into mine. I think it may have heard the motion tracker I kept looking at. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:51 pm
BrookM
Volan d Vol
If you press the right mouse button your vision will focus on your surroundings, blurring the motion tracker. It takes some getting used to, but when on the move I usually keep alternating between the two while keeping my ears pricked for the beeping of the motion tracker. Even if it isn't in your arc it will still tell you where it's coming from. And call me chickenshit, but I never run, I always keep crouched, because I don't want to get noticed no matter what. sweatdrop

Deaths for me so far.. Once via synthetic, who caught me unaware as I was rerouting the power in a section. One moment I was checking what to switch off the next moment I was staring into the dead plastic eyes of a Working Joe. That it went "TUT. TUT. TUT." as it beat me to death was the icing on the cake.

And the alien.. I hid in a cabinet before it reached me. I thought it had moved on after a while, only for it to suddenly slam a claw into the door, tear it out and shove its face into mine. I think it may have heard the motion tracker I kept looking at. emotion_facepalm

Yeah I only crouch when I know stuff is gonna try to get me, I did at first when the Alien first appears. But then I realized when he stalks off he doesn't re-appear until the elevator room so I just booked it up the stairs to the elevator room and then snuck around.

I'll have to remember that for the motion tracker, I just got to the part where the androids are before I shut it down for the day. They probably will be attacking me in the next area.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:58 pm
Most trouble I had so far, aside from pissing myself in fear, was finding out how to replace the spent battery of your flashlight. redface

Also, I've found out that the best way to prepare for a section is to ignore the mission for the time being and just explore while you still can, mapping out all rooms, hiding places and finding those junction boxes that allow you to reroute the power.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:44 am
I've been trying to do that but I feel like I missed the Molotov blueprint unfortunately, cause I think there is an achievement for that by scaring off the Alien in the first encounter with a Molotov.

Edit: Oh never mind, it's just for scaring it off with a Molotov in general.

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:31 am
Molotov cocktail, Finnish invention;
It worked againts Russian tanks, it works againts Aliens in space. xd

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games