Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Lady Blodwynn
Pity, so I can't bring my own claymore along for a game or two? xp

Sadly, no. I myself own a sword that would be nicely suited for some recreation (48" blade, 4" wide at the hilt, tapers to an icicle point), but I've already drawn blood enough with it that I'm about to retire the thing permanently as a battle relic. That and the interior of the sheath is getting torn up.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:51 am

That's the one you accidentally hospitalized your buddy with, right?

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Yup. That is indeed the one that I clove through my other sword with and ended in Pat's forearm.

Yeah...

I'm halfway through making my boffer. Currently, it's 64" long from pommel to point, with a 48" blade and a 14" tang.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 pm

So long as it's not so big that it's awkward to use. Remember that it has more air resistance and less mass than your other sword.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:18 am

Very true. I've used it a little in just swinging it around, and it feels very similar. Only difference (as predicted) is that I catch a little more air and my swing slows down.

Final dimensions (without pommel):
61.75" total length
46" Blade
14" Grip
4" blade width
2.1 lbs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:39 pm

Caleidah

Very true. I've used it a little in just swinging it around, and it feels very similar. Only difference (as predicted) is that I catch a little more air and my swing slows down.

Final dimensions (without pommel):
61.75" total length
46" Blade
14" Grip
4" blade width
2.1 lbs
The key to long blades like that is to swing from the handle, rather than trying to move the point, if you know what I mean.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 pm

I do know what you mean. The key is to swing it more like a punch. It's weird to explain, but it works.

Also, I've done some counterbalancing on it to move the center of balance from about halfway along the blade to about a hand's breadth up from the bottom of it.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:52 am

Funny, this reminds me of a drunken incident where someone actually had to go get stitches after being stabbed by a sword, luckily it only went in about an inch... Swords can kill people, man! Funny how that works...

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Commissar Hark
Funny, this reminds me of a drunken incident where someone actually had to go get stitches after being stabbed by a sword, luckily it only went in about an inch... Swords can kill people, man! Funny how that works...

I've had that happen in a completely sober incident and I cut about 3/4" deep by 1 1/2" long on my buddy's arm after cutting through a sword that he was holding.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:01 pm

wow I feel lucky my only sword related inicdent was related to a friend training for some such tornament and since I play video games he thought I would he a good training subject... the only sword i had on hand was a 15$ chinese training sword... it took about 5 smacks before breaking down horribly... no wounds or invunerable saves counted...
... p.s. it wasn't my sword it was my little sister's so no money lost ^_^

GamerChik240

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:21 pm

I once saw a guy have a dart throw into his leg stare

I was 6, I was also on the floor laughing. Eh, other peoples pain is often the funniest kind.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:43 pm

Messyart
I once saw a guy have a dart throw into his leg stare

I was 6, I was also on the floor laughing. Eh, other peoples pain is often the funniest kind.

That's part of why I've made a full clip of "Stingers" for my Nerf Maverick. Basically, they're just darts that I've put thumb tacks into after removing the heads. They still get fairly good velocity and they, as per their name, sting/hurt like hell, depending on where they hit.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

dwerger13

1,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:00 am

Your friend is lucky, my own blade misshap took 34 stitches and went from the top of the back of my calf to the ankle.

Bone by the way is pearly white.

Still not a bad injury compaired to where I work. Last person hurt here made all of their fingers the same length in 1/10 of a sec.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 am

Let me guess: That length is "short." Whereabouts do you work, Dwerger?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

dwerger13

1,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 am

I work at an furniture factory.

Yes the length is short, all about the same length as the little finger.

Funniest one a guy was trying to pull a frame apart with a claw hammer. He swung and missed and landed the claw in his ....nonos as the Venture brothers would say.
He was ok though.. just a little bloody. eek
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games