Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:51 pm
I've come to the conclusion that a group I study with allows fluffyism to grow instead of nipping it at the bud. They allow the concept of solitary Wica and say that Silver Ravenwolf is an ok source. I want to explain that I don't think that's necessarily right, but they're my friends and I don't want to risk making them angry at me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 pm
You could always start with "Nah, I never could really get into Ravenwolf, it really looks like her books are more to make money". You don't have to outright say "Ravenwolf sucks, it's like the Twilight of witchcraft."

Or, something like "oh, strange, here in this book, it says something different than what she says."  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:18 pm
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo
She sounds like a truely amazing person, Tea.
She's the person who taught me to be a good person.

She couldn't have done a better job.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:18 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I've come to the conclusion that a group I study with allows fluffyism to grow instead of nipping it at the bud. They allow the concept of solitary Wica and say that Silver Ravenwolf is an ok source. I want to explain that I don't think that's necessarily right, but they're my friends and I don't want to risk making them angry at me.

Letting them know I would see as doing them a favor. Unless they like living a lie. In which case I wouldn't want to be friends with them anyway. *shrugs* I tend to be not very forgiving of stuff like that if they've been told better but are too stubborn to listen.  

Bastemhet

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 pm
ShadowCatSoul

Hey....it is a GREAT source.........................for kindling. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:32 pm
Kuroiban
ShadowCatSoul

Hey....it is a GREAT source.........................for kindling. mrgreen

Not really. I found that even the flames rejected it. ninja  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm
on monday, we're going to have Simon, one of our yorkies, put to sleep. i am very sad, we've had him in the family for 13 years.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm
I had a post about my bad mood here, but now it's on my blog where it belongs. >.>

Can anyone tell me - does a vitamin-D supplement really help "settle" anxiety attacks? I've heard that some people feel much better and better managed while taking vitamin-D supplements. I really don't want to be on anti-depressants. sad  

Collowrath

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:30 pm
whiporwill-o
on monday, we're going to have Simon, one of our yorkies, put to sleep. i am very sad, we've had him in the family for 13 years.

That's aweful. I'm sorry, Whip.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 pm
Namikikyo
whiporwill-o

thank you. i wish there was a way to make him all better, but he's just so sick. we don't want him to hurt anymore.  

whiporwill-o

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:26 pm
whiporwill-o
Namikikyo
whiporwill-o

thank you. i wish there was a way to make him all better, but he's just so sick. we don't want him to hurt anymore.

What's wrong with him?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:39 am
Collowrath
I had a post about my bad mood here, but now it's on my blog where it belongs. >.>

Can anyone tell me - does a vitamin-D supplement really help "settle" anxiety attacks? I've heard that some people feel much better and better managed while taking vitamin-D supplements. I really don't want to be on anti-depressants. sad

I am not a doctor, nor a nurse, nor a professional. This is my opinion based on books I've read for classes I have taken in preparation for Nursing School. So if you think I'm bullshit, talk to a credentialed, licensed health care provider.

Have you thought about getting you vitamin D blood levels tested? The "norm" is 5mcg or 200 IU, though, according to WebMD.com, the normal blood level ranges as wide as 30-74 nanograms per milliliter. From what I know, Vitamin D is fat-soluble, so you need to be careful on your dosages. The lethality is really quite high (don't have the exact numbers on hand), but all the same, don't megadose.

What other kinds of things have been going on? I mean in your diet, sleep patterns, exercise, etc.?

If you want something quick and easy though, I get panic attacks, and one of the things that really helps is to identify three objects around you and focus on them for a second or two, then touch three different tactile substances, and take three deep breaths. Sometimes I have to do this is a couple cycles.
I just learned this today, but apparently, it has to do with the corpus callosum and the idea that a painful or stressful event is stored in one hemisphere of the brain. Basically, by using both hemispheres, it helps lodge the "memory" out. Whether or not this is true, I have no idea because I heard it from my therapist, but I haven't seen it in any articles, but the process helps. Even if it is as simple as:
Book, chair, clock; jeans, table, hair; breathe, breathe, breathe.  

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:18 am
ShadowCatSoul

Knowledge only belongs to those with the cunning and conviction to wrest it from the cosmos.
If they desire ignorance, or if they are satisfied with what they have, let them stay with it. Truth is for those who love it, those willing to bleed for it. The rest can keep their tawdry fiction.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:15 am
whiporwill-o

I'm sorry. I know that it's a hard decision, and it hurts, but by putting his needs before yours you show just how much you love him and how much he means to you. I wish you both peace.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:28 am
whiporwill-o
Namikikyo
whiporwill-o

Going to hold a wake?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games