Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
The Hogwarts Express [End of Summer Term] begins pg 217 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 223 224 225 226 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

did you enjoy this term at hogwarts
of course i did! im always up for a brawl
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
yes who doesnt love to be a part of a fashion show
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes classes were amazing
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes i made lots of new friends in the campgrounds
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
no the castle needed our help defending it yet again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no fashion police keep pulling me over
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
no classes were too hard/boring or not worth the effort
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no i was to busy being ignored
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
pollwhore
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:12 am
*apparates in*
"oh gawd crystall your almost as bad with your potions as i am with my pranks"
"do you have any green ones? I might drink that" *casts an ever expanding charm on the train compartment so we dont get crowded*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 am
User Image
◦ ۩ ۞ Nicolette "Nikki" Ardeoavis ۞ ۩ ◦
Hufflepuff First Year Wand Holly 13' 3/4" Bendy Phoenix Feather Core Wand (CLICK)

◦ ۩ ◦ {{ OOC }} - @James : Thanks for getting my wand sorted. I'm really pleased with it! - {{ /OOC }} ◦ ۩ ◦

Nikki's cheeks tinge with a faint pink hue as the Slytherin girl compliments her name. "Ah oh thank you uhm, Crystal" she babbles a bit shyly. What am I getting so flustered for? It was just a simple compliment! she chides herself.

Taking a deep breath Nikki tries to dig back into conversation. Crystal offers out potions for entertainment which has Nikki intrigued.
Potions is my favorite subject! she thinks excitedly. Before she can say anything however, Professor James, Slytherin Head of House, enters their crowded compartment. With the ease of a learned wizard he enlarges the space making all occupants more comfortable.

"Hello Professor James sir" Nikki says with a polite nod in the seemingly playful man's direction. He doesn't appear to be that much older than a 7th year she muses before continuing. "Sir, do you really think you should drink an unknown potion based solely on the fact that the color amuses you?" Nikki asks chuckling.

Hearing the professor's comment about Crystal and potions Nikki turns her attention back to the Slytherin girl.
"You have a history with potions Crystal?" she asks genuinely fascinated. "I should like to hear more about that!" Nikki's smile is bright as she continues. "I'd love to look at a few of your potions. It's the subject I'm most excited to study. What kinds do you have on you if you don't mind my asking?"

Mothette x
techpriest35

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:19 pm
techpriest35
*apparates in*
"do you have any green ones? I might drink that" *casts an ever expanding charm on the train compartment so we dont get crowded*

"As long as Uncle keeps sending them to school with me, I suppose I will be. Yes, I do, I have several." She reaches in both sides and pulls out 8 labeled vials in different shades of green, which she holds out between her fingers:
  ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
  ██
"Take your pick." She turns to Nicolette. "I'm really not very good with potions, as it turns out, but my Uncle Intuitious brews them for a living. He sends experimental potions with me every term! You never know what they do until you try one. It's fun! One time, everything I saw was pink."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:03 am
Nikkiquin
User Image
Hufflepuff First Year Wand Holly 13' 3/4" Bendy Phoenix Feather Core Wand (CLICK)

◦ ۩ ◦ {{ OOC }} - @James : Thanks for getting my wand sorted. I'm really pleased with it! - {{ /OOC }} ◦ ۩ ◦

Nikki's cheeks tinge with a faint pink hue as the Slytherin girl compliments her name. "Ah oh thank you uhm, Crystal" she babbles a bit shyly. What am I getting so flustered for? It was just a simple compliment! she chides herself.

Taking a deep breath Nikki tries to dig back into conversation. Crystal offers out potions for entertainment which has Nikki intrigued.
Potions is my favorite subject! she thinks excitedly. Before she can say anything however, Professor James, Slytherin Head of House, enters their crowded compartment. With the ease of a learned wizard he enlarges the space making all occupants more comfortable.

"Hello Professor James sir" Nikki says with a polite nod in the seemingly playful man's direction. He doesn't appear to be that much older than a 7th year she muses before continuing. "Sir, do you really think you should drink an unknown potion based solely on the fact that the color amuses you?" Nikki asks chuckling.

Hearing the professor's comment about Crystal and potions Nikki turns her attention back to the Slytherin girl.
"You have a history with potions Crystal?" she asks genuinely fascinated. "I should like to hear more about that!" Nikki's smile is bright as she continues. "I'd love to look at a few of your potions. It's the subject I'm most excited to study. What kinds do you have on you if you don't mind my asking?"

Mothette x
techpriest35

((ooh np it needed doing the shop is open and no one else is online also thats my first wand sale))
*noticing the young hufflepuff look me up and down i turn to her* " I'm not human you know im a elf I'm a forest creature i look about 25 but im actually oer 5200 years oldies i know thats before even the ancient egytpitans but i dont physically age and as to your question of wheather i should drink the green ones why of course i should its fellow slytherin and crystal is my friend she would never intentionally posion me even so i always keep a beezor stone with me just in case its an easy cure for most poisons"
((oof my harry potter professor looks exactly like my current avatar)

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:05 am
User Image

◦ ۩ ◦ {{ OOC }} - @Crystal : Cute potion bottles! <3 I can't believe you made those out of text blocks. They make me want to pixel something similar. *w* ◦ ۩ ◦ @James : Whoa I'm your first customer? That's so awesome! Ooh you're playing a dark elf? That should make school more interesting. He's a cool looking professor. XD - {{ /OOC }} ◦ ۩ ◦

Looking at the vials Nikki notes that they're all in pretty green hues. How wonderfully earthy! They remind me of grassy fields and nature walks she thinks as she ponders which to pick. Suddenly Crystal's words sink in an she finds herself feeling a little more leery.

"You mean your uncle has you experiment on students? Is it safe? Are you sure there won't be any, well... dangerous side effects?" Nikki chewed her bottom lip as she stared at the bottles. After arguing internally about the pros and cons of doing something so blatantly irresponsible, Nikki's natural curiosity eventually wins out against her common sense.

"Hmm... I suppose if you numbered them from one to eight going left to right I'd say 2, the lime green one is my favorite. Although, I am fond of 7, the teal-y one and 8 the emerald green one too" she says nodding. Nikki smiles hesitantly as she tries to be brave in front of the other occupants of the cabin. "I suppose if there are no objections I'd be willing to drink one of those three. Of course if someone else wants to pick first I'm okay with that" Nikki says trying to remain diplomatic and fair. Besides... she thinks hopefully. If a Head of House is willing to drink them then it should be survivable, right?

After a moment Nikki notices Professor James going into an explanation. Shaking herself out of her thoughts Nikki does her best to find a response to such astonishing statements. "5200 years old! Oh my goodness sir! I can't believe you've been alive so long and seen so much!" Her eyes are alight with wonder at the possibilities of his existence.

Hearing his next comment soothes the last of Nikki's worries and hesitation.
"Well if you have Beezor on you sir then I suppose there really isn't any harm in trying one. Besides, it seems like fun... I just didn't want to get anyone in trouble." Including myself she thinks with a small chuckle.

Mothette x
techpriest35

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:28 am
Mothette x
techpriest35
*apparates in*

"As long as Uncle keeps sending them to school with me, I suppose I will be. Yes, I do, I have several." She reaches in both sides and pulls out 8 labeled vials in different shades of green, which she holds out between her fingers:
  ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
  ██
"Take your pick." She turns to Nicolette. "I'm really not very good with potions, as it turns out, but my Uncle Intuitious brews them for a living. He sends experimental potions with me every term! You never know what they do until you try one. It's fun! One time, everything I saw was pink."

hmm i dont know about that crystal for a few terms you were doing amazing with potions of your own making there was a few incidents in the room of requirement but that wasnt anything the magic of the room couldnt fix

after crystal expalins to nikki about where the potions come from and some of the funny effects james telemar chimes in with" my fav potion was a blue one that turned us all into fish for an hour we had to use the Aguamenti charm to keep us alive till the potion ran out that was fun
if i remeber we told your uncle to stop making that one cause it was dangerous"

"hmmm which potion to drink lets try this one" james muses to himself as he picks the 3rd one from the left
"to summer break" james says as he drinks it"

*about 5 minutes later the potion activates causing me to grow vines instead of hair*

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:42 am
Nikkiquin
User Image

◦ ۩ ◦ {{ OOC }} - @Crystal : Cute potion bottles! <3 I can't believe you made those out of text blocks. They make me want to pixel something similar. *w* ◦ ۩ ◦ @James : Whoa I'm your first customer? That's so awesome! Ooh you're playing a dark elf? That should make school more interesting. He's a cool looking professor. XD - {{ /OOC }} ◦ ۩ ◦

Looking at the vials Nikki notes that they're all in pretty green hues. How wonderfully earthy! They remind me of grassy fields and nature walks she thinks as she ponders which to pick. Suddenly Crystal's words sink in an she finds herself feeling a little more leery.

"You mean your uncle has you experiment on students? Is it safe? Are you sure there won't be any, well... dangerous side effects?" Nikki chewed her bottom lip as she stared at the bottles. After arguing internally about the pros and cons of doing something so blatantly irresponsible, Nikki's natural curiosity eventually wins out against her common sense.

"Hmm... I suppose if you numbered them from one to eight going left to right I'd say 2, the lime green one is my favorite. Although, I am fond of 7, the teal-y one and 8 the emerald green one too" she says nodding. Nikki smiles hesitantly as she tries to be brave in front of the other occupants of the cabin. "I suppose if there are no objections I'd be willing to drink one of those three. Of course if someone else wants to pick first I'm okay with that" Nikki says trying to remain diplomatic and fair. Besides... she thinks hopefully. If a Head of House is willing to drink them then it should be survivable, right?

After a moment Nikki notices Professor James going into an explanation. Shaking herself out of her thoughts Nikki does her best to find a response to such astonishing statements. "5200 years old! Oh my goodness sir! I can't believe you've been alive so long and seen so much!" Her eyes are alight with wonder at the possibilities of his existence.

Hearing his next comment soothes the last of Nikki's worries and hesitation.
"Well if you have Beezor on you sir then I suppose there really isn't any harm in trying one. Besides, it seems like fun... I just didn't want to get anyone in trouble." Including myself she thinks with a small chuckle.

Mothette x
techpriest35

((ooc im not a dark elf gaia just doenst have skins for the high elves ,think legolas from lord of the rings hes whats know as a high elf can you use orange pleaase or bolded black it hurts my eyes trying to read yellow on a hite background your not breaking the rules but its hard to read so i try to ask all the hufflepuffs when posting to me to please post in either bolded black or orange just to make things easy on my eyes as too the first customer i normally dont help in the wand shop cause one of the other mods always get there first))

"yeah i learned all kinds of things from the various muggles mostly im barely old enough to start my own family and take a place on the council for my people i declined a postion so i could teach charms and have fun too much study with out a few hundrred years of fun is bad for you which doenst mean i dont think you should skip learning new things i just think every now and then maybe a hundred years or so you should learn something fun
oh i always have a beezor on me for the simple fact that im always experimenting with my spells some times on food so its always prudent to have several safety procedures including a possible poison accident " james says as his vine hair grows to be about 20 feet long

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 am
User Image

◦ ۩ ◦ {{ OOC }} - @James : How is this color? I was using a light orange in 2 places but I changed it to goldenrod. Is it easier on your eyes? Oh BTW, you could always buy peach skin tone elven ears. You can see a basic tektek with them equipped HERE. They come in a fair few colors. ^_~ - {{ /OOC }} ◦ ۩ ◦

Nikki listened to the professor talk a bit about his people's long lifespans. She felt a bit shocked to hear him describe their lifestyles. "You're still considered YOUNG for your race?" she asked with an incredulous note in her voice. "Wow sir, how old are the elders of your people?"

After a moment Nikki found a question was vying for attention in her head. "Sir, you never exactly introduced yourself. Of course I KNOW who you are since you're the head of Slytherin but... well, I'm not sure what you'd prefer I call you. Professor James? Professor Telemar? Just plain sir or professor? I don't want to be rude." Nikki fidgeted a bit as she wondered what the ancient yet seemingly young at heart professor would say.

After listening to James describe all the "fun" to be had with the potions Nikki decided they couldn't really be too bad.
I'll never know unless I try she thought with the barest hint of a sigh. Grabbing her first choice, the number 2 lime green bottle, Nikki pulled the stopper and gulped it down. It had a faint taste of citrus and mint.

"Guh, that tastes weird" she said as her skin began to tingle. Suddenly her rosy peach complexion changed into a brilliant lime green. "Reh?! I-I'm as green as... as... Yeesh I'm an indescribably bright shade of green!" Nikki stammered as she found herself wondering how long she'd look like she'd taken a bath in food coloring.

techpriest35
Mothette x

Nikkiquin

Sparkling Senshi

14,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:15 am
Nikkiquin
User Image

◦ ۩ ◦ {{ OOC }} - @James : How is this color? I was using a light orange in 2 places but I changed it to goldenrod. Is it easier on your eyes? Oh BTW, you could always buy peach skin tone elven ears. You can see a basic tektek with them equipped HERE. They come in a fair few colors. ^_~ - {{ /OOC }} ◦ ۩ ◦

Nikki listened to the professor talk a bit about his people's long lifespans. She felt a bit shocked to hear him describe their lifestyles. "You're still considered YOUNG for your race?" she asked with an incredulous note in her voice. "Wow sir, how old are the elders of your people?"

After a moment Nikki found a question was vying for attention in her head. "Sir, you never exactly introduced yourself. Of course I KNOW who you are since you're the head of Slytherin but... well, I'm not sure what you'd prefer I call you. Professor James? Professor Telemar? Just plain sir or professor? I don't want to be rude." Nikki fidgeted a bit as she wondered what the ancient yet seemingly young at heart professor would say.

After listening to James describe all the "fun" to be had with the potions Nikki decided they couldn't really be too bad.
I'll never know unless I try she thought with the barest hint of a sigh. Grabbing her first choice, the number 2 lime green bottle, Nikki pulled the stopper and gulped it down. It had a faint taste of citrus and mint.

"Guh, that tastes weird" she said as her skin began to tingle. Suddenly her rosy peach complexion changed into a brilliant lime green. "Reh?! I-I'm as green as... as... Yeesh I'm an indescribably bright shade of green!" Nikki stammered as she found herself wondering how long she'd look like she'd taken a bath in food coloring.

techpriest35
Mothette x

((ooc that color is fine i did ot want to equip an item cause item layering can mess with any avatar item where as a skin would always show unless gaia has a major system failure))

the elders are much more older than me its considered rude to ask about age since we all look like we are 25 till the day we die.as such i have no idea of the true age of the elders theres a kind of presence of age around them that shws whom is older than whom but never in a messureable amount
most just call me james or professor(useally in my classroom when they have a question) im not particular on which name you use
oh thats always a fun potion the skin changing potion those usally las an hour unless you dont have a resistence to magic then it could be any where from 1 hour to 1 day" james says as his vine hair starts to wrap around him and continue to grow at 1 foot per minute

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:32 pm
"If there's anything dangerous James has it covered. Um, James are you okay?" Crystal tucks the remaining potions away.

((*bows* I don't mind if you 'steal' them for your class, they're pretty simple. It's a shame the forums don't support css. I also have a complete list of gaia's supported color words organized by basic colors if you're interested? And somewhere I have notes for guild-specific tricks like different colored underlines for text. I remember that being tricky.))

SharpProcess

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:15 pm
Hailey Redgrave, first year Ravenclaw

Hailey has been quietly watching and listening to the conversation around her but she is now becoming increasingly concerned with the vines that now serve as James' hair. She pulled her legs up onto the seat when the vines started to really grow.

"Um, perhaps we should try to stunt the growth of the vines? If not I think we'll all be suffocated by them. I would suggest a severing charm but that might injure James."

Hazel, 10 3/4"
Firm with Phoenix feather core

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 am
Kenzie stretches on the seat as the noise wakes her. She peaks and sees that there are 4 other people in the compartment. I she closes her eyes.

Kenzie abruptly jumps and looks around, realising the professor had vines for hair and Nikki was GREEN!!! "Good Lord! What has been going on!" She exclaims, rubbing her eyes. She must still be dreaming.

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SharpProcess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:22 pm
Tohru_luvs_catz
Kenzie stretches on the seat as the noise wakes her. She peaks and sees that there are 4 other people in the compartment. I she closes her eyes.

Kenzie abruptly jumps and looks around, realising the professor had vines for hair and Nikki was GREEN!!! "Good Lord! What has been going on!" She exclaims, rubbing her eyes. She must still be dreaming.

"Ah! Kenzie! Would you like to try a potion too? I have more!" Crystal's hand wanders back into her cloak.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:47 pm
Hailey Redgrave, first year Ravenclaw

"Welcome back to the living Kenzie. James drank one of the potions that Crystal's uncle sent with her and his hair is now vines as you can see. Nikki, a newly sorted student, also took one and is now, obviously, green. That's all that has happened really. James said a little about his race which was fun to listen to."

"Oh and I'd like to try the aqua colored bottle if you don't mind Crystal."

Hazel, 10 3/4"
Firm with Phoenix feather core

ApostleOfTheWind13
Crew

Sweet Gaian

Tohru_luvs_catz

Tipsy Friend

5,900 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:58 pm
Mothette x

"Ah! Kenzie! Would you like to try a potion too? I have more!" Crystal's hand wanders back into her cloak.

Kenzie looks at the bottles, "I'm not sure." Kenzie pauses. "Well this is going to be a long train ride home, might as well..." Kenzie reaches for the last one Crystal shows her. It's deep green one. Kenzie opens it and the compartment fills with the smell of meadows and fresh rain. Kenzie takes a deep breath relaxing. "Wow. What does it do?" Kenzie looks at Crystal, hesitant to acctually drink it.  
The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 223 224 225 226 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games