Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:27 pm
Brass Bell Doll
"Most pagan paths teach that we heal oursleves by healing others."

I was thinking about this and I have to say most pagans I know teach that in order to help others, you have to be healthy yourself. If you are not healthy enough to care for yourself, how can you be expected to deplete yourself further to help another?

Pantheism. I think this is less about the relationships between two individuals and rather the relationship between the individuals and the universe as a whole. Body of Christ mentality, if you will, whereby performing your specific function well allows the Body to function well, which in turn aids your own functioning.

I think your point is inherent in the philosophy of "heal yourself by healing others," in that in order to heal others you must be, as an individual, capable of healing, but by healing others, you heal yourself in some spiritual or big-picture kind of way.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:37 pm
Illiezeulette

Pantheism. I think this is less about the relationships between two individuals and rather the relationship between the individuals and the universe as a whole. Body of Christ mentality, if you will, whereby performing your specific function well allows the Body to function well, which in turn aids your own functioning.

I think your point is inherent in the philosophy of "heal yourself by healing others," in that in order to heal others you must be, as an individual, capable of healing, but by healing others, you heal yourself in some spiritual or big-picture kind of way.

Very good points, but is this something that most of paganism teaches?  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:10 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Illiezeulette

Very good points, but is this something that most of paganism teaches?

Not to my knowledge. That was my only issue with the statement, really.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:21 am
TeaDidikai
Random hat
Just some tea history that Wikipedia could give us, a story of how you've "grown up around tea" and have been learning the ceremony for a couple of years. No lineage posted 4laugh , just the assumption that after two years, you know everything you need to know to pass something on (when you're still getting the basics down, if my research proves correct).

Necro'd but... wtf? o.o Being a tea expert requires lineage?

EDIT: Oh, hey, lookie. Someone else thought it was odd, too. And pointed it out. And was responded to. I'M REDUNDANT. -coughs and slinks back into his hideyhole-  

Czidnoma

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:25 pm
"being drugged and then APing is dangerous since you have no control. below is a meditation i've given some of my students to help them try APing. try it and tell me if it works for you.

First off let’s explain what astral projection, or AP, is. Astral projection is a form of meditation that allows you to project or move your mind and part of your soul into different planes of reality. "

I found the above statements to be concerning because it is addressing a practice in generic terms that directly contradict thousands of years of practice and presupposes that a method is the same as the result.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:47 am
"but the real magick happens when your intentions and your inner power amplifies those vibrations and causes change in the world around you. "

Those vibrations meaning the vibrations present within stones and herbs.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Czidnoma

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:07 am
Brass Bell Doll

Atoms are bonded by electromagnetic forces. Don't those vibrate in a sense? They have frequencies. I mean, those being amplified by a person's intentions is doubtful, but the idea that everything has a sort of vibrational signature is not entirely off the mark, right?  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:55 am
Czidnoma
Brass Bell Doll

Atoms are bonded by electromagnetic forces. Don't those vibrate in a sense? They have frequencies. I mean, those being amplified by a person's intentions is doubtful, but the idea that everything has a sort of vibrational signature is not entirely off the mark, right?

While I do not believe that this was the position the poster intended, electromagnetic force is the exchange of photons. Photons moving have frequency, but it is not a "marjoram" frequency, it's a function of it being made of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and other base materials.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:04 am
While this could make for an interesting premise in a roleplaying game, having it as something that a person charges for as a "teacher" of magic warrants it's placement here:

"My name is Sengem Barom. I have been studying magic for six years. I first studied under a soul keeper named Angel Demose. She taught me basic hand magic. Later I met the Elf High King named Laven Isaac Myron. I studied under him and learned elemental magic and healing. Later he used his own powers to ascend to godhood and left me in charge of the elves. I am now the Elven High King. I have studied dark, light, psi, elemental, healing and hand magics. I continue to use these magics on a daily basis. I am in a guild where I am studying other forms of magic so that I am better qualified.

The six sects of elves each have a different element, weapon and a different culture. The element they use has to do with the creation story.

Wood elves use the element of earth. The prefer to use bow and arrow and snipe their enemies from the trees. They worship the trees and see them as a gift from their god the earth god.

Hi elves are elves of the plains. They use star magic which is an element to control space and the weather. They prefer broad swords over any other weapon. They beleive that star power is the most powerful of all.

Dark elves are the most confused race alive. Contrary to popular belief they are not evil. Dark elves use the three unseen elements Light, Dark, and Psycic. They are blind because they use their magic to see. They commonly use staffs.

Water elves really do live in water. They use daggers that when touched to any object it becomes water. Little is known about water elves other than that they are the oldest sect of elves.

Mountain elves use air to fly and maneuver around the mountains. They prefer to use axes that are very large. It is believed that dwarves are moutain elves that have abandoned their race.

The last kind of elf are Venom elves. They are also called Fire elves because of the element they use. They are proficient swords smiths. They use long swords.

I hope that that answers any questions that you have. "  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Brass Bell Doll
While this could make for an interesting premise in a roleplaying game, having it as something that a person charges for as a "teacher" of magic warrants it's placement here:

"My name is Sengem Barom. I have been studying magic for six years. I first studied under a soul keeper named Angel Demose. She taught me basic hand magic. Later I met the Elf High King named Laven Isaac Myron. I studied under him and learned elemental magic and healing. Later he used his own powers to ascend to godhood and left me in charge of the elves. I am now the Elven High King. I have studied dark, light, psi, elemental, healing and hand magics. I continue to use these magics on a daily basis. I am in a guild where I am studying other forms of magic so that I am better qualified.

The six sects of elves each have a different element, weapon and a different culture. The element they use has to do with the creation story.

Wood elves use the element of earth. The prefer to use bow and arrow and snipe their enemies from the trees. They worship the trees and see them as a gift from their god the earth god.

Hi elves are elves of the plains. They use star magic which is an element to control space and the weather. They prefer broad swords over any other weapon. They beleive that star power is the most powerful of all.

Dark elves are the most confused race alive. Contrary to popular belief they are not evil. Dark elves use the three unseen elements Light, Dark, and Psycic. They are blind because they use their magic to see. They commonly use staffs.

Water elves really do live in water. They use daggers that when touched to any object it becomes water. Little is known about water elves other than that they are the oldest sect of elves.

Mountain elves use air to fly and maneuver around the mountains. They prefer to use axes that are very large. It is believed that dwarves are moutain elves that have abandoned their race.

The last kind of elf are Venom elves. They are also called Fire elves because of the element they use. They are proficient swords smiths. They use long swords.

I hope that that answers any questions that you have. "

O.O I've seen him around before....where did you dig up this little gem? I thought he hadn't been on in forever XD  

erinnightwalker

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:12 pm
He owns a guild. I take time to read his posts because he banned me for not agreeing with him.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 am
paganspace enough said.

Nvm  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:14 am
rmcdra
paganspace enough said.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow.
When I googled it, I saw three links, one challenging the idea that all gods are one, one stating that the use of modern medicine is acceptable and one about healthy skepticism amongst the usual exploratory questions about seeing spirits and such.

Is there a specific part of the site you feel is horrible?  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:09 pm
Brass Bell Doll
He owns a guild. I take time to read his posts because he banned me for not agreeing with him.

What guild, if you don't mind me asking? I feel the need to read this, for some reason.....  

erinnightwalker

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:54 pm
Brass Bell Doll
"but the real magick happens when your intentions and your inner power amplifies those vibrations and causes change in the world around you. "

I never understood how crystal magic was supposed to work. I've heard people say you charge the stone with intent to use (?) it because the stone has inherent properties that help with (insert whatever malady here). If the stone already helps with such things, then why is it necessary to charge it? How are you supposed to use it? confused I like stones 'cause they make me feel good, depending on which. But I dunno if that means I should charge them and then...I dunno...what...wave them around...?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games