Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:13 pm
Tea, about your Nana... I don't know what to say except that I'm sorry and that for better or worse, you're going to be okay. sad I'm so sorry.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:15 pm
Collowrath
Tea, about your Nana... I don't know what to say except that I'm sorry and that for better or worse, you're going to be okay. sad I'm so sorry.
Thanks Sweets.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Guess who else got an AWESOME profile comment? So how do you report those?
I sent too2sweet a PM.

She isn't very clever about it is she?
nope.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I sent too2sweet a PM.

She isn't very clever about it is she?
nope.
Mine is better than yours.  

TeaDidikai

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Mine is better than yours.
Wow, that IS pretty special, isn't it?

For someone with a term meaning master in their name, I'm not seeing much to warrant it. Unless you count 'really bad attempts at insulting people via the internet' as something you can be a master of, anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:35 pm
I'm a little lost in this conversation lol  

ShadowCatSoul

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:43 pm
ShadowCatSoul

it's just as Tea and Celeblin say, check their profile comments, you'll be up to date soon enough.

Tea and Celeblin: i hope you don't mind my referring, i noticed that you had to others in different threads.

i'm appalled, truly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 pm
whiporwill-o
ShadowCatSoul

it's just as Tea and Celeblin say, check their profile comments, you'll be up to date soon enough.

Tea and Celeblin: i hope you don't mind my referring, i noticed that you had to others in different threads.

i'm appalled, truly.

Don't mind at all.

I haven't had a flame like this since Barry's Girl-toy sent me a G~ love letter.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:01 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
ShadowCatSoul

i'm appalled, truly.

Don't mind at all.

I haven't had a flame like this since Barry's Girl-toy sent me a G~ love letter.

it both sickens and saddens me that someone could send a message like that to a) anyone, period and b) someone they do not know... i was more polite than that to my ex when i found him cheating on me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
ShadowCatSoul

i'm appalled, truly.

Don't mind at all.

.....He has a girltoy?

Who? and if you have to, PM that to me.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:42 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
ShadowCatSoul

i'm appalled, truly.

Don't mind at all.

.....He has a girltoy?

Who? and if you have to, PM that to me.

User Image

Apparently I blocked out the name.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:50 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

On the one hand, I'm glad I didn't get a profile comment from her.

On the other hand, I feel like I wasn't assertive enough to get a nasty comment.  

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:26 pm
I have been cruel so that I might be kind.
This does not excuse my cruelty.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

That would largely depend on what those objective observations are and whether they are, in and of themselves, tainted with a given ism (and therefore not as objective as the individual thinks).

The problem then comes down to if there is an accuracy issue, or if there is a flawed projection onto an accurate term.

Well, not really, no.

When I say tainted by a given -ism I don't mean coated with an external projection or a word who's usage is distorted by an ism to inaccurate usages, but being literally internally tainted with an -ism. As in the roots of the word and its proper and accurate usage (or just the latter) exhibit or arise from the -ism.

Some of the medical language used to describe transsexuality and GID, for instance, is extraordinarily cissexist. In that, the medical language's proper and accurate usage is, in and of itself, enforcing the systemic invalidation of trans folk and the supremacy of cis experience and existence. (Actually, even the word female and the word male, as it pertains to the sexual characteristics on the body, not the chromosomes, is built from arbitrary lines that exclude and damage Intersexed and Trans* individuals, while elevating cis experience as supreme. And not even all cis experience, so technically, the male/female dichotomy in biology is not just cissexist and ISphobic but also sexist)

For instance, the very name of GID (gender identity disorder) enforces the concepts that it is our identity that is the cause of our suffering and not our bodily structure/social roles/expectations levied on us/restrictions on self [removed](as the case may be, being that trans people often have different sources of dissonance). The proper and accurate usage of GID, in a professional context (no inaccuracies brought on by cissexism from outside, no trans folk or allies projecting views designed to counter cissexism onto the word GID, but it's actual accurate usage in the field itself) is, in and of itself cissexist.

Literally, even if you used it accurately and properly, in a professional medical biology/psychology context, GID would still be a cissexist term.

And so, it isn't just a question of inaccuracy in usage or projection onto a term despite its accurate usage. Even accurately used professional terms, without any outside projection, can be -ism words.

After all, the medical field is in no way immune to -isms. Doctors and scientists are people as well, subject to our own ingrained views from a society that secretly (and sometimes blatantly) uses and encourages hegemonic systems of dominance. So having a professional accurate usage in the medical field is not a guarantee that a word is safe.  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Kuroiban
*Hugs* Sorry to hear things aren't going any better with that.

I visited my Nana the other day. I didn't recognize her when I first saw her.

I've lost people before. People I have loved dearly. But I can't picture a world without her- that's how much a part of my life she is.

I can't fathom a world where she isn't there to pick me up after I've scraped my knee. And I know life changes. And I know this is part of those changes, and I know it means a point of transformation for me and that life will go on. But none of that really helps.

She's the only source of truly unconditional love I have ever known in my life.

*hugs*

sad  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games