Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:55 pm
AvalonAuggie
Dang, but I'm Young and Angry at the System! I want a revolution!
Spoken like someone who is at the Individuated Stage.
Welcome aboard.

AvalonAuggie
Thank you. ^_^ My chief worry right now is that she's decided to go vegetarian chiefly for economic reasons, which I totally understand and support, but I don't know how food is going to taste good if I can't cook with bacon fat.
I feel a combination of liquid smoke and olive oil might solve your problem.

Molly Mollusca
Do you have a balcony getting some sun? Or even a windowsill that catches some sun? There are vegetables that grow very well in pots, sacks, or even glass jam jars. It might require more attention it the form of water, (anything in pots dry out more easier then in the full ground) and you might not be able to grow vegetables all year round, but boy those potatoes, strawberries, spinach, peppers, radishes, tomatoes ect.... will taste so good when they are finished.
Sprouts plants are the easiest. Just find an empty glass jar, throw in some seeds, add some water and wait a week. Voila! Salad delish!

Just to let you know that if you really want to grow your own veggies, full ground isn't necessary. ninja
I do, the unfortunate part is that there are parts of our terms of lease that restrict what we keep on the balcony.

By chance are you familiar with Two Buckets?
Here.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:01 pm
Well.. what exactly does your lease say against plants on your balcony? Maybe we could find an exception, or a way around it.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:16 pm
kage no neko
Well.. what exactly does your lease say against plants on your balcony? Maybe we could find an exception, or a way around it.

Unfortunately it is a safety issue. There is not enough clearance for potted plants and the minimal width required by the law for a safe walkway.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 pm
Brass Bell Doll
AvalonAuggie
Thank you. ^_^ My chief worry right now is that she's decided to go vegetarian chiefly for economic reasons, which I totally understand and support, but I don't know how food is going to taste good if I can't cook with bacon fat.
In my area, liquid smoke is neither easy to find nor that cost effective, so another possible alternative, if it happens to be easier to find as it is here, is smoked salt as a seasoning.

It's pretty reasonably priced for being considered a "gourmet" item, and what's best about it is a little goes a long way, especially if you sprinkle a pinch into your olive oil as you're heating it up. A five dollar tin lasted us months, and we put it on everything but ice cream. You can basically use it it just like salt but it adds smoky flavour in addition to basic seasoning.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
In my area, liquid smoke is neither easy to find nor that cost effective, so another possible alternative, if it happens to be easier to find as it is here, is smoked salt as a seasoning.

Another good alternative.
You can also make your own liquid smoke.
This link can show you how  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
I'm not sure how much it helps, but I make a pizza sauce that tastes like pepperoni, without the animal products.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 pm
AniMajor
I'm not sure how much it helps, but I make a pizza sauce that tastes like pepperoni, without the animal products.

I can beat that. I have bacon salt. That's kosher. and vegan.

It actually isn't at bad as it sounds!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 pm
I myself have run into the issue of how to get better food at lower prices.

I mean s**t, at some points it's actually cheaper to get stuff premade than fresh. WTF?

If somehow the price slope was reversed, where fresh stuff was readily available down the street at lower prices while processed foods were more luxury items, we wouldn't be having this discussion would we?  

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:46 pm
maenad nuri
AniMajor

Bacon salt? Que'est-ce que c'est ca?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:56 pm
Brass Bell Doll

AvalonAuggie

I second this. Liquid smoke is awesome. (Does it really taste like bacon? I have no clue what bacon tastes like.)  

Calixti

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 pm
maenad nuri
AniMajor

I considered getting some of that, but I'm not sure how it tastes, and I'd hate to get a whole bottle and not use it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 pm
Calixti
Brass Bell Doll

AvalonAuggie

I second this. Liquid smoke is awesome. (Does it really taste like bacon? I have no clue what bacon tastes like.)
Bacon tastes like protein that is very salty and fatty.  

Gho the Girl

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:18 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Spoken like someone who is at the Individuated Stage.
Welcome aboard.

*lol* thank you. I was actually joking. I used to get so very frustrated at the apparent lack of change in society, but that was before I learned how to change myself and get a better perspective on how culture works. Besides, building barricades in the street takes away from my leisure time.

Quote:
]I feel a combination of liquid smoke and olive oil might solve your problem.

Hmm. While I love the smoky flavor, my primary reason to use bacon fat is that it works better in my experience for frying. I only have extra virgin olive oil available at the moment, and it has too low of a smoke point and tends to evaporate too quickly. Since my partner isn't adopting a fully vegan lifestyle I think I'll probably learn to make ghee and use that instead.
And smoked salt, which sounds wonderful.

I think I'll take any further discussion of food substitution into the So You Wanna thread, just to avoid too much derailment.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:14 pm
maenad nuri
AniMajor

It's probably just smoked salt.

The one i use seriously tastes like bacon.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 pm
Quote:
No, [a psychic vampire is] someone who drains the astral/spirit energy after astrally projecting, and drains it using a similar method to osmosis with water.

Quote:
I do believe in them, mainly because I have had an encounter, I was attacked, and at first I thought it was an anxiety attack or something similar, but it didn't match those symptoms. I did some research, and found that book. (there's a link in one of my previous posts)

The link was to Konstantinos's Vampires, the Occult Truth.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games