Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:58 pm
Brass Bell Doll
One of the interesting things that cola companies have done in the past is they will go into developing nations and install water treatment centers. Then they charge for the water, but they charge more for it than they do for their soda.

They can then ship the purified water to countries who will pay more for it. Blue Gold is a good resource that discusses the commodification of water resources.

(This is kind of random, but donating a dollar to CharityWater is like buying twenty bottles of Ethos from Pepsi, but without the non-recyclable plastic being dumped into the landfills.)

I feel that the following article is a good explanation of the economics of poverty.

The Washington Post

... I wish I saw this earlier >:-[

Actually on second thought... I already knew this. It is a good article though. I thought this article would be about the water in poor countries. I've been to corner grocery stores... the irony is most wheat bread isn't even wheat

@ My banning: You know Nuri that is not what I said.
I asked how you could TWIST MY WORDS

I said that its Not all right and I hate the MENTALITY WHICH SUPPORTS THE SYSTEM

The only person who I think actually contributed to the discussion in anyway is Bell who I think did a wonderful job supporting her possition. While I don't agree with everything she said I do support much of what she said and I think she has been the only person really participating in anything that resembles a discussion of the topic.

In responce to what I've said you've opted to banning me. From what I have heard and talked to others from other guilds instead of banning they have been heckled from this guild and many times when people have had dissenting opinions you have opted under the guise of "privledge" and *biggotry* and calling people Racist to have reason to dispute what they've said without in anyway taking time to understand their opinion or the deeper context of their words.

Its Easy to say priledge when its really that you don't agree.

I have heard this guild talked about multiple times as being hostile it was actually a comfort to know I was not the only one who felt that way.

I like my work. I like my customers. I like most of the people I meet. I do not like the way you handled this situation and I do not like the way that my words were twisted by you.

You make too many assumptions as to who I am how I am and what I am and you seem to abuse the word privledge. The only thing which I know is a privledge is that I have helped alot of people deal with some serious issues. I am priledged to have earned the love and respect of people that I've met and to have been able to work with and help people who were in serious need of help. Because I have focused on ... trying to help people who were in terrible places in life and I HAVE helped them I have some pretty radical opinions on some things.
I also have some opinions which are supported through out the entire PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFESSION such as these people CAN BE HELPED. Their are underlying issues and Institutional causes which people have the power to fix. Healthy food can be affordable and people who are depressed don't have to live in that state forever and children can have proper housing and be able to eat on a regular basis! And if you are under the illusion that these things can't happen well you need to be better educated to and this applies to all people. Especially parents who should teach their children that the world doesn't have to be this screwed up place where people starve and the poor are taken advantage of. Its not RIGHT and if saying that death and starvation and twisted thinking that leads people to kill themselves or others is wrong then I am HAPPY to have the priledge to believe this.

Its Wrong its completely Wrong Its evil and ******** up and I want everyone to be Happy Healthy and Free.

I can have all the opinions I like it doesn't mean that I am going to be a dictator and penalize people I don't agree with.

I don't know Why you choose to focus on such a Narrow aspect of what I'm talking about and IGNORE the rest and twist it so I am saying that I hate fat people when I am Not. But you seem to have taken this course of action.

I don't think its fair or right but it is Your choice.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:01 pm
Ishtar Shakti
Quote:
Wait a second, you explain to your customers day after day about alternative and healthy food and nutrition programs?

I hope they are asking you about it, because you know what? You aren't educating people, you are PISSING THEM OFF.

I've been complimented and thanked for telling people about products which they tried and appreciated.
By how many? And how does that make up for the other one that made felt ashamed because of your actions.

You are lucky. Lucky no one has reported you to a manager. Then again, for all we know, you live in an extremely privileged area where all your customers can afford to take your advice.

Quote:
So if you would take your negativity and shove it to the side and take into account that not all people think like you I would be grateful.

Seriously, ******** you. Our "negativity" is at your bigotry. That is not getting shoved to the side until your bigotry stops or you go away.

Quote:
I understand full and well that alot of people are not going to change their possitions on alot of subjects.
Just as we understand you're not going to stop being a privileged bigot because you're too busy congradulating yourself for it.

Quote:
Its on an institutional level that these problems exist and society as a whole needs to address them because trying to do it on a case by case level without the proper consciousness raising and proper attitude and atmosphere isn't going to do much.
Society as a whole can get the ******** out of what I eat before I slap the taste out it's mouth, thanks.

Quote:
I Am Trying though and this allows me to go through another day and say it will be Ok I can wait I can be useless for a little while longer till I find the right method avenue and motivation for change.
Yes yes, you're saving the fatties. We got that already. It's like a ******** broken record.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 pm
Ishtar has been banned folks. I don't take outright refusal to examine your biases and privileges lightly, nor nice ways of saying "Fatties are lazy and have no self control and it's my job to educate them!"

Also, I am a ray of social justice sunshine. Ask anyone that has met me, I am disgustingly cheerful, sweet and positive.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:31 pm
Apparently some people have never had to deal with hating themselves so much because of the way they look that they want to rip their fat ******** skin off. Or wondered if the reason someone you loved left is because of the way you look. Or finding a tiny bit of pathetic happiness in dressing up an avatar in clothes you think are pretty but that you know you'll never get to ********. I hate crying. But hey, at least it burns some ******** calories, right?  

erinnightwalker

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 pm
Not to beat a dead horse here, but wow I'm glad I missed this debacle and um...are we sure she isn't actually Jamie Oliver?

On a serious note, I want to give all of you a hug. "Hostile" or no, you're some of the best people on the internet and I'm so glad that a group dedicated to education and accountability in paganism can also be a safe one.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 pm
I feel like I missed something. Did she call someone fat at all, or..
I really must've just missed something.

Edit: Okay, just didn't go back enough pages. 'kay, I really just missed it. I feel lots better now.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 pm
AvalonAuggie
Not to beat a dead horse here, but wow I'm glad I missed this debacle and um...are we sure she isn't actually Jamie Oliver?
I never heard Jamie Oliver say he hated those on his team for being fat.

I feel the difference between Jamie Oliver and Ishtar Shakti is that Jamie Oliver is seeking to change a system, not harm the people who have been placed in a bad situation.

AvalonAuggie
On a serious note, I want to give all of you a hug. "Hostile" or no, you're some of the best people on the internet and I'm so glad that a group dedicated to education and accountability in paganism can also be a safe one.
heart *Hugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 pm
kage no neko
I feel like I missed something. Did she call someone fat at all, or..
I really must've just missed something.

The passages which we're referring to:

Ishtar Shakti

I don't think it really Matters if we kill our own food... we do need to eat and the fat asses who sit around wasting electricty Not walking and devouring calorie after calorie and are too fat to work any more giving themselves diabetes and in the end killing themselves after milking their children dry and feeding off the state for years...

Ishtar Shakti
Inability to properly process food... and medical conditions are pretty much exempt from my hatred as these aren't institutionalized by society

Since those with medical conditions are the ones exempt from her hatred, it would reason that those she hates are the ones who do not have medical conditions.

Pages 210 and 211 respectively.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 pm
Yeah. I was thinking this just occured like.. last page or so. Totally missed the initial spark, and am reading it now.

sad She could've at least apologized for the mean remarks.

Edit:
Blah. I think I'll just drop it. As much as I want to comment on what she's said, it wouldn't do any good.

Edit#2:
I think it was just a snowball. Something struck a bad note with her, and she returned the favor, and it just built up going down hill until it hit a tree.
I feel sad for both sides, but she really could've just accepted that her insulting heavy people was mean and said she was sorry. :<  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:19 pm
Brass Bell Doll
I never heard Jamie Oliver say he hated those on his team for being fat.

I feel the difference between Jamie Oliver and Ishtar Shakti is that Jamie Oliver is seeking to change a system, not harm the people who have been placed in a bad situation.

Full disclosure here, I haven't seen the show. But from what I've read of reviews it does seem a bit too individually-focused for my taste, and I'm a little leery. He is trying to change the system and get good information out, but showcasing one town in a grassroots effort doesn't put any serious political or economic pressure on entities like ConAgra and Cargill. Le sigh. But I guess it's about as good as he can get on network television. Then again, it all seems very clear to me how the system needs to be changed when I'm sitting here in comfort, with access to organic and locally-grown food and the means to purchase it.

Fun fact: I'm moving out of my parents' home this year to live with my long-distance girlfriend, and I'm surely going to have a crisis over my abrupt loss of privilege and how that's going to make it difficult to be a foodie. I apologize in advance for the whining.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm
AvalonAuggie

Full disclosure here, I haven't seen the show. But from what I've read of reviews it does seem a bit too individually-focused for my taste, and I'm a little leery.
Having seen the show, I feel that this is likely a misinterpretation of the reworking of the footage to make it suitable for a show.

AvalonAuggie
He is trying to change the system and get good information out, but showcasing one town in a grassroots effort doesn't put any serious political or economic pressure on entities like ConAgra and Cargill. Le sigh. But I guess it's about as good as he can get on network television. Then again, it all seems very clear to me how the system needs to be changed when I'm sitting here in comfort, with access to organic and locally-grown food and the means to purchase it.

Grassroots movements don't make change overnight. wink

AvalonAuggie
Fun fact: I'm moving out of my parents' home this year to live with my long-distance girlfriend, and I'm surely going to have a crisis over my abrupt loss of privilege and how that's going to make it difficult to be a foodie. I apologize in advance for the whining.

May your love be fulfilling and joyful.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:40 pm
AvalonAuggie
Good luck! biggrin  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:49 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Having seen the show, I feel that this is likely a misinterpretation of the reworking of the footage to make it suitable for a show.

Duly noted. I'll try and catch it when it's on and make up my mind for myself.

Quote:

Grassroots movements don't make change overnight. wink

Dang, but I'm Young and Angry at the System! I want a revolution!

Quote:

May your love be fulfilling and joyful.

Thank you. ^_^ My chief worry right now is that she's decided to go vegetarian chiefly for economic reasons, which I totally understand and support, but I don't know how food is going to taste good if I can't cook with bacon fat.

kage no neko
Good luck! biggrin

Thanks! it's going to be stressful but ultimately worth it, I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:14 am
AvalonAuggie

I'd rather us be known as hostile, and be able to provide a safe spot for figuring this s**t out, than as a "nice" place where people aren't held accountable for what they said.

It should be noted that most of this could have been avoided if she had just edited her words. I wasn't even demanding an apology. Instead she chose to dig herself deeper and show more how she was unwilling, even with an understanding of the underlying issues, to not place individual blame.

Intent does matter a little here. As a guild, we are willing to work with people who ******** up or are struggling to understand concepts. That's our entire point, in fact.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:47 am
Brass Bell Doll
I was looking forward to having a small garden at my apartment complex. My landlord told me I was not allowed. I looked to sign up with a community garden program for low income families, but I am not eligible because of where I live and there is literally nothing for me. If I choose to move to a location where I can qualify, my monthly debt will rise over seven hundred dollars.

I spend the little extra on quality frozen vegetables, and choose whole grains when I can. I walk a great deal and I limit my calories. I am in a much better situation than others.
Do you have a balcony getting some sun? Or even a windowsill that catches some sun? There are vegetables that grow very well in pots, sacks, or even glass jam jars. It might require more attention it the form of water, (anything in pots dry out more easier then in the full ground) and you might not be able to grow vegetables all year round, but boy those potatoes, strawberries, spinach, peppers, radishes, tomatoes ect.... will taste so good when they are finished.
Sprouts plants are the easiest. Just find an empty glass jar, throw in some seeds, add some water and wait a week. Voila! Salad delish!

Just to let you know that if you really want to grow your own veggies, full ground isn't necessary. ninja  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games