Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:30 am
Woah! lots of posts.
Ok firstly.
I guess we will let problem threads slide then lock when the problem is fixed as for threads like lolz i play teh piccolo, they can be locked. Just use your best judgment on it I guess >< if not someone else can come along and lock/unlock an thread

Silver: Zomg are you ok? Surgery sucks, my step mom had a disk in her shoulder poking something and had to have it removed and put a metal plate in her. why are they camping in the hallways? thats weird Oo

Saint: We dont have themes, which sucks. I went to my sisters football game on friday night, she goes to a rival marching band school, which she is in the marching band. I did not notice until I got there that I was wearing my leesville band shirt on I. I got funny looks from the bandparents.
Our show this year is very pwnfull. we are doing the planets. The only problem is that people know about where to go and what to make but not how to make it, so we do lets say the 3rd set which is a box and the entire box is correct except for the front left corner, which is annoying to me becuase they are going to cost us points unless they get wipped into shape. our first comp. is in 2 weeks, so we still have time. Last year our first comp. was the 2nd week of school.
Our football team owns this year, we are 3-1 due to a forfiet becase of a dude who played 1 play failed english last year.
And thanks^^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:15 pm
Scheissenkopf
Silver: Zomg are you ok? Surgery sucks, my step mom had a disk in her shoulder poking something and had to have it removed and put a metal plate in her. why are they camping in the hallways? thats weird Oo

Oh, I'm okay now, yeah. There were things that could have gone wrong during surgery, because of what was involved, but fortunately everything went as well as it could have in the end. I'm not going to go into squicky details about what was wrong, so: they finally figured out that something bad was causing the back pain, and they had to remove it. It took about five hours and I needed a blood transfusion! Ack.

Anyway, that was mid-June. I had to withdraw from the two summer classes I'd been in so I could recover, but I'm back in class for now.

About the camping in hallways: The school I'd gone to for two years, which has been a woman's college since its founding, is going co-ed starting next fall! Of course, lots of students are rather upset over this; I think they have every right to protest and make their opinions known, but things are starting to get nasty. gonk I still want to go back to the school, because I applied despite it being a single-sex school instead of because it was that, but I'm apprehensive about the people now.  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

__penguin__
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:11 pm
Scheissenkopf
lolz i play teh piccolo

That made me giggle my head off for some reason. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:38 pm
Silver Gryphon
Scheissenkopf

Oh, I'm okay now, yeah. There were things that could have gone wrong during surgery, because of what was involved, but fortunately everything went as well as it could have in the end. I'm not going to go into squicky details about what was wrong, so: they finally figured out that something bad was causing the back pain, and they had to remove it. It took about five hours and I needed a blood transfusion! Ack.

Anyway, that was mid-June. I had to withdraw from the two summer classes I'd been in so I could recover, but I'm back in class for now.

About the camping in hallways: The school I'd gone to for two years, which has been a woman's college since its founding, is going co-ed starting next fall! Of course, lots of students are rather upset over this; I think they have every right to protest and make their opinions known, but things are starting to get nasty. gonk I still want to go back to the school, because I applied despite it being a single-sex school instead of because it was that, but I'm apprehensive about the people now.

yeah, a bunch of people probably went there just for the female only aspect.
Omg new avi contest?  

Tubariffic
Captain

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:55 pm
Scheissenkopf

Omg new avi contest?

Heck yes. As I said, I'm trying to get back into doing something in this guild.

By the way, awesome avatar penguin!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:05 pm
Thanks! And welcome back! Haven't seen you in a while. gonk  

__penguin__
Vice Captain

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:09 pm
Why thank ya! mrgreen How the heck have you been recently?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:25 pm
Great! I'm the alto sax section leader this year! biggrin How have you been?  

__penguin__
Vice Captain

Saint-Saens

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:18 pm
__penguin__
Great! I'm the alto sax section leader this year! biggrin How have you been?

Just peachy. I'm leading the alto section in Jazz this year!

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:12 pm
our jazz program died (and AP music theroy class, which i was gonna take) died when we switched to Block sched. and out student teacher flipped out becuase we have to do it after school which people arent realy all that interested in. so he is going to rebuild our jazz program. In other news I forgot to get a ride before german club so when I got back to the band room it was empty and I had to stay at school till 5 D:  

Tubariffic
Captain

Stronghearted11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:49 am
CAN'T WE HAVE A BRASS SUBTOPIC?!?!?!?!

i play trumpet and i would luv a subtopic to post stuff in

all the other band sections have one, why can't we?!?!?! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:52 am
wow sry my bad, never saw that

but y mix us with the woodwinds i ask?  

Stronghearted11

__penguin__
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:15 pm
Stronghearted11

Why not? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm
Stronghearted11

Orignally when I created the subforums there was a brass subforum and a woodwind subforum- sadly neither of the two could create enough thread traffic to really keep seperate. So i combined the two . . . I mean the only reason why people want them apart is because they want brass and woodwinds to be seperate- but beyond that the two sections are really closely linked and I never saw a point in seperating it. Of course I am no longer captain and Shiz may not see it the way I do.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:18 pm
Masquanade
Stronghearted11

Orignally when I created the subforums there was a brass subforum and a woodwind subforum- sadly neither of the two could create enough thread traffic to really keep seperate. So i combined the two . . . I mean the only reason why people want them apart is because they want brass and woodwinds to be seperate- but beyond that the two sections are really closely linked and I never saw a point in seperating it. Of course I am no longer captain and Shiz may not see it the way I do.

I see ^^  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games