Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:51 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPitch - Tryouts
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGryff Team
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIrked
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

deѕperaтe ғor cнangιng, ѕтarvιng ғor тrυтнxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'м cloѕer тo wнere ι ѕтarтed, ι'м cнaѕιng aғтer yoυxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ғorgeттιng all ι'м lacĸιng, coмpleтely ιncoмpleтexxxxxx
                                                          ι'll тaĸe yoυr ιnvιтaтιon, yoυ тaĸe all oғ мe nowxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceSebastian would've loved to drag arse and take his sweet, precious time getting to tryouts this year. Eve was captain, which he was still not very thrilled about. Excited for her, sure, since he knew this was important to her. But annoyed for the rest of the team, since they were going to have to put up with her acting like a bloody drill sergeant. He was definitely in no rush to show. Except, he wanted to go pro, which meant taking things like tryouts seriously, even if he felt like he was subjecting himself to torture. And anyway, Eve would basically run things the way a professional captain would, seeing as her dad was one for a while. So he might as well get used to it.

spaceHe gave the sixth year a sarcastic salute when he approached the table, and she responded by rolling her eyes and blowing a raspberry at him. There'd been plenty of teasing, sure, with her asking if he were jealous and whatnot. Which, he wasn't, not even a little. He had enough going on without being Quidditch captain, thanks. Besides... she'd do a better job than him, as much as he hated to admit it. With a scowl, he filled out his form and handed it over. Eve considered it for a second, then mimed like she was going to toss it with a mischievous smirk. He flipped her off, then went to start his stretches. Bloody brat.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι'м ғallιng even мore ιn love wιтн yoυ, leттιng go oғ all ι've нeld on тo
                                                          xxxxxxι'м ѕтandιng нere υnтιl yoυ мaĸe мe мove, ι'м нangιng вy a мoмenт нere wιтн yoυ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι'м lιvιng ғor тнe only тнιng ι ĸnow, ι'м rυnnιng and noт qυιтe ѕυre wнere тo go
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxand ι don'т ĸnow wнaт ι'м dιvιng ιnтo, jυѕт нangιng вy a мoмenт нere wιтн yoυ

Username: Cara MiaKitty
                                                          Character's Name: Sebastian Blythe
                                                          House: Gryffindor
                                                          Year: Seventh
                                                          Advanced Flying I: Yes
                                                          Advanced Flying II: Yes
                                                          Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 6
                                                          Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                          First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                          Second Choice Position: Chaser

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:11 pm
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxPREFECTxxxxxxKEEPER

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lucy made her to the pitch early, or at least, early for her. She wasn't usually late by any means, but she was earlier than usual, meaning that breakfast was even better when most of the student population hadn't had their paws on it yet. She should do that more. There quite a few people on the pitch already, including Alec (who was practically the first person on the pitch after the captain) and Eve. She gave everyone a bright smile, including the particularly surly Gryffindor who was trying out for the first time, Madoc or something. "Good morning," she called out before going over to Eve and filling out the form. "Congrats on being the new captain," she grinned before handing the form back and moving to go join the others with their stretches.

Username: oyehh
                                                        Character's Name: Lucinda Jacobs
                                                        Year: Fifth
                                                        Advanced Flying I: No
                                                        Advanced Flying II: No
                                                        Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Three
                                                        Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold the Line
                                                        First Choice Position: Keeper
                                                        Second Choice Position: Keeper

G R Y F F I N D O RxxK E E P E R
                                                        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                        great catchdang healthyhold the line
                                                        AC: 12Modifiers: +6
                                                        xxx
                                                        Final Roll: --

00 vs. 00

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxQuidditch pitchxxxxxw i t hxxEve and other teammates
                                                            f e e l i n gxxanticipationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxpractise clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        It's okay, I don't mind!

Cara MiaKitty

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:25 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxinsert location
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxinsert companions
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxinsert emotions

вяσтнєяѕ αи∂ ѕιѕтєяѕ, ρυт тнιѕ яє¢σя∂ ∂σωи, тαкє му α∂νι¢є ('¢αυѕє ωє αяє вα∂ иєωѕ)xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωє ωιℓℓ ℓєανє уσυ нιgн αи∂ ∂яу, ιт'ѕ иσт ωσятн тнє нєαяιиg уσυ'ℓℓ ℓσѕєxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιт'ѕ נυѕт ραѕт 8 αи∂ ι'м fєєℓιиg уσυиg αи∂ яє¢кℓєѕѕxxxxxx
                                                          тнє яιввσи σи му ωяιѕт ѕαуѕ, "∂σ иσт σρєи вєfσяє ¢няιѕтмαѕ."xxx

spaceEve was both relieved and proud that a good portion of the team was showing up this year. It meant they were made of sterner stuff, otherwise they would've bailed on her. Still, she was slightly on edge until Lucy showed. The fifth year took a form and congratulated her on her captaincy before going to do her stretches. Eve considered calling her back over for a second, then reasoned she might as well just go to her. She'd probably end up being involved in the actual tryouts at least halfway, which meant that she needed to stretch just as much as everyone else.

spaceThe sixth year grinned slightly at Lucy as she approached, waving.
                                                          "Hey, thanks, for the congratulations, I mean. Actually, I wanted to talk to you," She paused for a second, looking at everyone who'd shown up so far. She should've had this conversation already, admittedly, but there hadn't really been time. She'd taken too long overthinking the options to write the girl, and besides, this was a conversation best had in person. "I need a Vice Captain, obviously. I think you're the best choice. I figure you'll be a decent match for my, uh... enthusiasm. And won't let shite go too much to my head. Obviously you can say no, but I'd like it if you didn't." Having to go with a second choice was no fun, especially when the entire team knew they were the second choice. She didn't fancy doing that to Alec. Hopefully Lucy wouldn't make her.

xxxωє'яє σиℓу ℓιαяѕ, вυт ωє'яє тнє вєѕт (ωє'яє тнє вєѕт)
                                                          xxxxxxωє'яє σиℓу gσσ∂ fσя тнє ℓαтєѕт тяєи∂ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxωє'яє σиℓу gσσ∂ ¢αυѕє уσυ ¢αи нανє αℓмσѕт fαмσυѕ fяιєи∂ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxвєѕι∂єѕ, ωє'νє gσт ѕυ¢н gσσ∂ fαѕнισи ѕєиѕє

Gryffindor Captain
                                                          Position: Beater
                                                          AC: 20
                                                          Modifiers: (+8 to Hitting Bludgers)
                                                          Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger
                                                          Lives:

Aiming At
                                                          NAME
                                                          Final Roll: xx
                                                          Score
                                                          00 to 00
                                                          TIED

[b]Username:[/b]
                                                          [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                                          [b]House:[/b]
                                                          [b]Year:[/b]
                                                          [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                          [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                          [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                                          [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                                          [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                                          [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          ---

oyehh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:57 pm
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

FIFTHxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxPREFECTxxxxxxKEEPER

Lucy wasn't surprised when Eve joined them and matched her grin with one of her own; she was quite hands-on and was one of if not the most enthusiastic player on the team. But she hadn't expected her to ask her to be vice captain, especially not in front of everyone—she barely managed to stop her jaw from dropping. She looked around at all the members there so far. She wasn't sure that she was the best person for this job; she was sure Alec would have done a great if not better than her, but she had to admit, Eve's explanation made sense, and she wasn't going to embarrass her captain in front of everyone. "Sure, I accept," she said simply with a firm nod. Lucy wasn't one to back down and if Eve thought she could do it then she saw no reason to doubt her, she just had to make sure she did a damn good job. "Won't let you down, captain," she grinned.

Username: oyehh
                                                        Character's Name: Lucinda Jacobs
                                                        Year: Fifth
                                                        Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Three
                                                        Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold the Line
                                                        First Choice Position: Keeper
                                                        Second Choice Position: Keeper

G R Y F F I N D O RxxK E E P E R
                                                        ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                        great catchdang healthyhold the line
                                                        AC: 12Modifiers: +6
                                                        xxx

00 vs. 00

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxQuidditch pitchxxxxxw i t hxxEve and other teammates
                                                            f e e l i n gxxanticipationxxxxxw e a r i n gxxpractise clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - - -

Cara MiaKittyy

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:02 pm
Tonight,
The foxes hunt the hounds
It's all over now
Before it has begun
We've already won
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂ Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Sєcσηɗ Ƴєαя Ƒємιηιѕт

╰☆╮Gi walked onto the field nervously wondering if this was really a good idea. She enjoyed watching Quidditch and even taking pictures for the school newspaper but playing it hadn't exactly registered with her. She wasn't really competitive and the sport was heavy with it. Add to the fact that she was an ok flier at best so she had just figured staying on the ground was her best option. However her sense of morals had gone into overdrive when she heard that the Gryffindor team was lacking in members annddd...here she was. There were allot of students already there, mainly ones she didn't know but probably took pictures of last year and one she did recognize from class. But he wasn't looking to enthused so she just gave him wide berth; maybe he was as nervous as she was. Gi went over and grabbed a form and filled it out before she could loose her nerve.
                                                Username: Yukina101
                                                Character's Name: Gi-Seung Cho
                                                Year: 2
                                                Advanced Flying II: None
                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Dang Healthy
                                                Second Choice Position: Wherever I'm needed

Quote:

AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 shoot
Special Skills: Good Arm, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [✔] [✔] [✔] [✔]

We are wild
We are like young volcanos
We are (we are)
We are wild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:14 pm

╔════════════════════════╗
                                              Brianna Kaylie Overton
                                              Gryffindor - Fourteen - Fourth Year - Chaser - Muggleborn
                                              ╚════════════════════════╝

Brianna made her way onto the pitch, her forehead slightly glistening with sweat. It was hot, even for a first week of September kind of day, and it didn’t help that the blonde hurried down the hallways all the way from the Gryffindor Tower, thinking she’d be late (or almost late). Upon arriving, she had noticed that Eve, an older girl in her brothers’ year, had become captain this year. Taking a form, she filled it out and handed it in to her before joining the rest of the potential players for stretches.

Username: kiska166
                                              Character's Name: Brianna Overton
                                              Year: Fourth
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
                                              Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Second Choice Position: Anywhere on first string

Team:
                                              Armour Class: 15
                                              Modifiers: (stealing +5) (scoring +5)
                                              Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
                                              Total Roll:
                                              Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                              Steal: > opponent’s AC
                                              Score: > opponent’s roll

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I've got a f e e l i n g you could use a little smile, h o p i n g you could stay there for just a little while.
                                              Makin' a lot of n o i s e up there, t h r o w your hands up in the air.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:10 am
                                            「 Timeline 」
                                            This is it, boys, this is war- what are we waiting for?
                                            Why don't we break the rules already?
                                            I was never one to believe the hype.
                                            Save that for the black and white!
                                            I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked,
                                            But here they come again to jack my style!

·♦· Dɾҽա-لҽղղą Ɛìժҽ
                                                                    ( HalfbloodSecond Year GryffindorReserve Seeker )

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Drew knew that she going to go reserve either way, but that's okay for her. She didn't think she was that ready to get to the first string, but then she was just starting her jam. The new captain didn't look scary for her, in fact... she seemed cool for her. Badass, kinda. She then casually took one of the forms and wrote it down. Drew proved herself to have some good bone but granted, Uncle Austmar (and sometimes Aunt Arnbjorg) taught her how to do some kicks and punches so that she could handle herself. Her pappa was both okay and terrified about it, as if thinking that Drew might end up like Uncle Austmar. Nah, Drew won't go that far of impulse control loss.

Username: Julian Galaksylph
                                            Character's Name: Drew-Jenna Eide
                                            Year: Two
                                            Advanced Flying I: Currently taking it
                                            Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                            Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
                                            First Choice Position: Seeker
                                            Second Choice Position: Beater

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            « with [the Team] at [Pitch] »

Position : Seeker
                                            AC : 10 + 2 (NF) = 12
                                            Modifiers : +2 for Catching
                                            Special Skills : Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
                                            Lives : O O O O
                                            Final Roll : ...

Chasing : x/3
                                            Catch Attempts : x/2

Reminders :
                                            < Must roll a 19 or above to spot >
                                            < Must first post a total of three times chasing it before they can make an attempt. >
                                            < You can only attempt twice >
                                            < Attempt roll must be 22 or higher >

Well, some nights I wish that this all would end,
                                            'Cause I could use some friends for a change.
                                            And some nights I'm scared you'll forget me again!
                                            Some nights I always win, I always win...
                                            But I still wake up, I still see your ghost!
                                            Oh, Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for, oh
                                            What do I stand for? Most nights, I don't know...

Out of Character ◀◀xxx
                                            ((additional info under spoiler))

( PERSONAL FILESOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE )

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:05 am
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn - Reserve Beater
Second Year Gryffindor

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 12 years old...

Location: Quidditch Pitch - Gryffindor Try-outs

Gabby didn't know for sure if she would make the team. With Brandon gone it made it sort of possible. Course she still wasn't sure she had what it took. Honestly she didn't think she could be near as good as their captain. Eve was someone she hoped to be just as good as. Maybe she would be at some point, just not now. Until then all she could do was fill out a form and wait to see what tryouts had in store for her. Here's hoping things went well today.

- - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
                                                  Character's Name: Gabriella Stanford
                                                  Year: Second Year
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Enrolled
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: One
                                                  Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                  First Choice Position: Beater
                                                  Second Choice Position: Chaser

- - - - - - - -

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Status: Prepared
                                                  Wearing: Tryout Clothes

With: Gryffindor members

OOC:
                                                  Aiming: --- Saving: --- - Total Roll: --
                                                  AC: 15
                                                  Modifiers: +5 AC, +3 Hitting, +1 Stealing or Shooting (Exp)
                                                  Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                  Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Such a perceptive young girl!
I do read minds, in fact, and in yours I read...
Ah! Youthful rebellion, a strong backbone and a loud mouth
Well then, that makes it easy.
Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can see your eyes turning blue
                                                            I can see the
                                                            weather changing you
                                                            Cold
                                                            summers one after the other
                                                            Got old fast, grew
                                                            tired of each other
                                                            Proud sleepless child,
                                                            followed her

Aine bounced onto the field. She was so ready for another year of quidditch! Maybe she would even make the starting team this year! She quickly filled out a form and handed it to Eve before beginning her stretches quietly. She was doing better with all her fears finally, but she still liked to be quiet and didn't make friends very easily.

Username: Devlyn Maycry
                                                            Character's Name: Aine Ellis-Hall
                                                            Year: Third
                                                            Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                            Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
                                                            Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                            Second Choice Position: Anything else?

Position: Chaser
                                                            AC: 14
                                                            Modifiers: +4 steal/throw
                                                            Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal/throw
                                                            0-0

It's getting harder to find it in me
                                                            I scab my
                                                            wounds and fall asleep
                                                            But now, but now
                                                            can be
                                                            Falling
                                                            down
                                                            Filling, filling the empty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxxx

Kory woke up bright and early for Quidditch try outs and somehow she still wasn't the first one there! Either way she was very excited to be trying out.
                                                      This was her mum and da's old team! Sure none of the team now had been on a team with her parents and they probably didn't even know who they were... but Kory knew her mum was the best Gryffindor Captain since Harry Potter himself! She filled out a form with a grin and handed it back in.
                                                      Either way she had a bunch of quidditch stars in her family and her mum was the Vice Captain of the English Team! That said a lot about her own skill right? She spotted her sort of cousin Aine a few feet away and made her way over to her to begin stretching.

Username: Devlyn Maycry
                                                      Character's Name: Kory Whitethorne
                                                      Year: First
                                                      Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1 (MTA)
                                                      Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                      First Choice Position: Beater
                                                      Second Choice Position: Beater

AC: 15
                                                      Modifiers: +3 to swings
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
                                                      Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                      Above AC to hit
                                                      Below a natural 3 hit self
                                                      Above 15 to save.
                                                      0-0

ᴏ ᴏ c.
- - -

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxS-O-S she is in disguise
xxxxxxThere's a she wolf in disguise,
xxxxxxxxxThere's a she wolf in the closet
xxxxxxxxxxxxOpen up and set her free
xxxxxxxxx
Let it out so it can breath

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:56 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Seventh Year Seventeen Years OldSingleSeeker

Fianna was feeling both up and down about tryouts this year; up because it was the start of the season and thus all the possibilities were there waiting to happen, and down because this was her last go around at Hogwarts. She remembered watching her first match here in the stands with her cousin as though it were only yesterday, it didn't seem like she was six years removed from then, but there it was. This year she was determined to bring her A-game, no matter what, as looking back at her career she was only a middling Seeker, barely over sixty percent at catching the Snitch in match play. If she wanted to gain the attentions of any professional team, she needed to do better.

She saw a number of players already present, including Kenzie and Drew, her competition at the Seeker position. She felt badly for Kenzie, knowing if things went as they usually did, her teammate wouldn't get in as a starter until her Seventh Year. It really showed Kenzie's desire to play that she'd been willing to stick it out for so long, and how strong the Lions were to have that good of a player in the depth chart.

She wasn't sure how she felt about Eve becoming captain, and Fianna figured the best thing to do was focus on her own work, and avoid any distractions. If the team did well, Eve would be lionized (no pun intended), and Fianna wanted to see it happen. "Congratulations, mon capitan," she said cheerfully, as she collected the form, and start her final campaign at Hogwarts.

Username: Graydon Ironshield
Character's Name: Fianna Grey
Year: Seventh
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 6 (Three as Reserve Seeker, three as First String Seeker)
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Wherever we need help

OOC:
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 to Spot and catch the Snitch
Special Skills: Great Catch, Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:
Results:

User Image

Username

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:07 pm
                                                  Welcome to the end of eras
                                                  Ice has melted back to life
                                                  Done my time and served my sentence
                                                  Dress me up and watch me die

════════════════════════

Hᴀʟғ-Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ || Gʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ

════════════════════════

Zach was sure that he was going to die. No lie, the sun was bright and there weren't any clouds in the sky and it was murder. However, he did promise Eve that he'd try out, at least for a chaser position. He'd made sure to slather himself in sunscreen and wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt with sunglasses and a hat just to make sure that he wouldn't be burned by the fiery ball of death. Now that he was here, however, he grabbed a form from his cousin, filled it out, and dropped next to his uncle. He gave Bas a smile as he started stretching and wished that he had a broom for any of this. Maybe he could convince his mum to get him one and just hold onto it unless he was at games or practice? "Hey Uncle Bas. Tryouts aren't going to be too long, are they?" It'd be just his luck if they were. Then he'd be charbroiled and burned to a crisp and he'd have to explain to everyone that sun and vampires don't mix.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                  Character's Name: Zachary Whitethorne
                                                  Year: First
                                                  Advanced Flying I: Nope
                                                  Advanced Flying II: Nein
                                                  Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                  Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                  First Choice Position: Chaser like my aunt and mum
                                                  Second Choice Position: Um, I guess I could be a beater?

AC = 12
                                                  Modifiers: +2 to stealing and scoring
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                  {Life 1}{Life 2}{Life 3}
                                                  -/3

════════════════════════

Thinking: I'm going to be torched...
                                                  OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

If it feels good, tastes good
                                                  It must be mine
                                                  Dynasty decapitated
                                                  You just might see a ghost tonight

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:10 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPitch - Tryouts
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGryffindor
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

вяσтнєяѕ αи∂ ѕιѕтєяѕ, ρυт тнιѕ яє¢σя∂ ∂σωи, тαкє му α∂νι¢є ('¢αυѕє ωє αяє вα∂ иєωѕ)xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωє ωιℓℓ ℓєανє уσυ нιgн αи∂ ∂яу, ιт'ѕ иσт ωσятн тнє нєαяιиg уσυ'ℓℓ ℓσѕєxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιт'ѕ נυѕт ραѕт 8 αи∂ ι'м fєєℓιиg уσυиg αи∂ яє¢кℓєѕѕxxxxxx
                                                          тнє яιввσи σи му ωяιѕт ѕαуѕ, "∂σ иσт σρєи вєfσяє ¢няιѕтмαѕ."xxx

spaceEve was relieved when Lucy agreed to the position. One less thing to worry about. Meanwhile, it'd been something of a slow start, but some of the younger kids had started trickling onto the pitch while she'd been talking to the fifth year. From the looks of things, they had a full reserve team, depending on what positions everyone wanted. She looked over the forms, and sorted them into stacks on the table top to figure out how to run tryouts. She'd tried to plan ahead, but it was hard to do that when you weren't entirely sure how many people were going to show up. It looked like they did indeed have two full teams, plus an extra seeker, based on everyone's first choice positions. She did want to try and give people their preference, since a player who didn't like what they were doing was probably going to suck. Unless someone who wanted, say, beater, proved they were a damned chasing prodigy, she'd hopefully get people in positions they wanted, even if it was on reserve.

spaceConsidering she wanted herself and Lucy to just observe for the first round (not to mention how unfair of an advantage any team with her on it would have, since all the beater hopefuls were woefully inexperienced), she came up with a basic plan for at least the first part of tryouts. Once they'd gotten to watch a little, she'd put herself and Lucy in a game with the rest of the team.

spaceEve shot up a small shower of sparks to get everyone's attention, then magnified her voice so no one could say they hadn't heard her.
                                                          "Alright, everyone, let's get this going," she began, feeling equal parts exhilarated and nervous. It wasn't like she'd been waiting for this practically her whole life or anything. "In case you don't know, I'm Eve McHalen, your captain. Over here," she gestured to Lucy, "is Lucy Jacobs, your Vice Captain. First rule of this team, you do what we say, or you're out. If you don't think you can manage to listen to direction, go, because a team can't succeed if its members don't know how to work together and follow the directions of their leaders." Given that this was Gryffindor, she wouldn't be surprised if she had those sorts of problems. It wouldn't be the first time in history, either. She'd heard stories... ugh.

spaceWell, hopefully anyone who wasn't comfortable dealing with the authority of the captain and vice captain would just... leave. Now. Though, that would mess up her numbers... oh, well. She could recalculate.
                                                          "Alright. First thing's first, we're going to do warm ups. Everyone should've stretched out while you were waiting for me to start, but just in case, take a few minutes to get yourself stretched out and limbered up. Next, it's laps, three on the ground and three on your broom. Once everyone's done, the actual tryouts can start."

space"Right now, Lucy and I are just going to observe. So, I'm splitting the chasers into two teams. Bas, Aine, and Zach will be on the red team, Alec, Bree, and Gi-Seung will be on the gold team. Myron, you're going to be keeping for both teams so that Lucy can watch."

space"Beaters, since there's three of you and none of you are very experienced, you'll be working on target practice. I've got a few targets** set up, once the bludgers are free you'll be trying to hit them. No aiming at any players, not even each other... for now. I've got potions if you get any serious injuries."

space"Seekers, you're doing the usual, I'll release the snitch and all three of you will attempt to catch it. Anyone catches it, make sure to shout it nice and loud so Lucy and I know in case we're focused elsewhere. Then, release it, all three of you get back in starting positions, and go again, until I say otherwise."

spaceOnce the laps were ran and flown, Eve released the balls as needed, and moved to the edge of the field, gesturing for Lucy to follow her. Hopefully, the tryouts ran smoothly.

xxxωє'яє σиℓу ℓιαяѕ, вυт ωє'яє тнє вєѕт (ωє'яє тнє вєѕт)
                                                          xxxxxxωє'яє σиℓу gσσ∂ fσя тнє ℓαтєѕт тяєи∂ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxωє'яє σиℓу gσσ∂ ¢αυѕє уσυ ¢αи нανє αℓмσѕт fαмσυѕ fяιєи∂ѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxвєѕι∂єѕ, ωє'νє gσт ѕυ¢н gσσ∂ fαѕнισи ѕєиѕє

Gryffindor Captain
                                                          AC: 20
                                                          Modifiers: (+8 to Hitting Bludgers)
                                                          Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger
                                                          Lives:

Aiming At
                                                          NAME
                                                          Final Roll: xx
                                                          Score
                                                          00 to 00
                                                          TIED

[b]Username:[/b]
                                                          [b]Character's Name:[/b]
                                                          [b]House:[/b]
                                                          [b]Year:[/b]
                                                          [b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                          [b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
                                                          [b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
                                                          [b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
                                                          [b]First Choice Position:[/b]
                                                          [b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          ** Targets have an AC of 16. If you roll a Nat-1 or Nat-2, you have hit yourself, just like in a game. If you lose all your lives, please see Eve for a healing potion.

oyehh

MJ Spooks rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:23 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxPitch - Tryouts
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGryff Team
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIrked

deѕperaтe ғor cнangιng, ѕтarvιng ғor тrυтнxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'м cloѕer тo wнere ι ѕтarтed, ι'м cнaѕιng aғтer yoυxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ғorgeттιng all ι'м lacĸιng, coмpleтely ιncoмpleтexxxxxx
                                                          ι'll тaĸe yoυr ιnvιтaтιon, yoυ тaĸe all oғ мe nowxxx

spaceSebastian looked up from his stretching in a mix of sheer confusion and shock at the sound of his nephew's voice. Truth be told, he'd half expected that he'd imagined it, and that he'd look up to see nothing. But, no, that was definitely Zach, even if it was sort of hard to tell under everything he was wearing to keep out of the sun. Then again, maybe that made it easier; who the hell else would be dressed like that? "Uh, not sure," he told the first year, expression somewhat apologetic. "Depends on Eve, really. If she makes her decisions quickly or not. Though, she's a bit, um... You know what she's like, with Quidditch I mean. So, uh, I wouldn't count on it. Even if she figures out the team quick, she'll probably keep us going just for practice. Make the most of our time slot or something." Bas only knew this because he'd heard the sixth year talking to herself about it in the Common Room the day before. He'd tried to talk to her, but she'd said she wanted to figure it out herself. She was taking this whole captain thing pretty seriously. Not that he was surprised.

spaceWhen she called their attention, he listened, sort of proud that she'd managed to get through her whole captain speech without threatening anyone. That'd come later, he imagined, once someone pissed her off by being stupid. At least he knew she'd be somewhat patient with the younger kids. He was already pretty stretched out, but took the time she'd given them to shake himself out and get his heart pumping. Then he was running, and then on his broom for the laps.

spaceNormally, Bas liked to try and let the younger kids get a go at the Quaffle during the toss up at tryouts. But, this year, he was training with the hopes of getting scouted by a professional team, so there'd be no such consideration given. As soon as Eve had the ball in the air, he was after it.

xxxι'м ғallιng even мore ιn love wιтн yoυ, leттιng go oғ all ι've нeld on тo
                                                          xxxxxxι'м ѕтandιng нere υnтιl yoυ мaĸe мe мove, ι'м нangιng вy a мoмenт нere wιтн yoυ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι'м lιvιng ғor тнe only тнιng ι ĸnow, ι'м rυnnιng and noт qυιтe ѕυre wнere тo go
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxand ι don'т ĸnow wнaт ι'м dιvιng ιnтo, jυѕт нangιng вy a мoмenт нere wιтн yoυ

xxxRED TEAM CHASERxxx
                                                          AC: 18
                                                          Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                          Mods: (+8 to Stealing) (+8 to Scoring)
                                                          Lives:

Currently: Toss-Up
                                                          Final Roll 68 I buggered up the dice lmao

xxxScorexxx
                                                          00 to 00
                                                          TIED

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

u s e r n a m e

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:24 pm
** Rolled the wrong dice out of habit lololol  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games