Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:26 pm
no not really, it says that Cain and jurgen crashbehind enemy lines, and for once he has no choice bu tot fight his way through thousands of orks to stay alive.

I alos finished Traitor General....lol "I am stupid for giving away plot and spoilers!"

MOD EDIT - You do NOT give away major parts of the plot. It ruins the experience for others.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:44 am
Woah!? Seems like I jumped right into a major discussion. I don't hope I offended anyone... sweatdrop

btw: Gaunt's Ghosts rock..

Yes, they do. And don't worry, it wasn't really a major discussion, and you certainly didn't offend me.

Syrina Ravinsk
anybody know if 15 hours is out yet? or the "Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer"?

Don't know about the first, but the uplifting primer has been out ages (well, it has in England - don't know about anywhere else).  

Matt the girl

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:37 am
The Uplifting Primer has been taken out of print.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:44 am
Does anyone know whan the new Commisar Cain novel comes out?  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:40 am
Released this weekend in Northern Europe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:37 pm
inded it is out this weekend along with abnetts new book as well involving pirates and monkeys eek

for the books ive actually read:
gaunts ghosts
eisenhorn
ciphas cain (except the one to be realesed)
lord of the night
fire warrior
night bringer
storm of iron (still one of the best theyve done in my opinon)
double eagle
ravanor
the inquisitor trilogy
sabbat crussade background book
the slayer serise
deaths messenger
deaths city
darkblade serise
konrad trilogy
rides of the dead
life of sigmar

edit: realised id missed some from the list
15hrs
grey knights
deamon world

my main problem with BL though is trying to get hold of some of the earlier books because they let them go out of print  

menoftanith

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:07 pm
Whats His Last Command like?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:23 am
i liked it and im tempted to change it to my favorite of the set, it adds alot of charcter to some of the main people as well as having a cool story  

menoftanith

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:10 pm
Id still like to learn where Milo and Agun went. Maybe Agun Soric is an Inquisitor now? Maybe an astropath or tamed psyker, which is probably more likely,since he wasn't that great of a psyker to start with.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:35 am
Syrina Ravinsk
Id still like to learn where Milo and Agun went. Maybe Agun Soric is an Inquisitor now? Maybe an astropath or tamed psyker, which is probably more likely,since he wasn't that great of a psyker to start with.

As Abnett said in the books, Milo was never to be seen again, as for Soric, he's dead. Most people taken by the Black Ships are food for the Emperor and only a small percentage become astropaths, drooling idiots or whatever they use them for these days.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

menoftanith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:46 am
actualy for agun anything could of happend to him as his pyshchic abilaties wernt offensive, also as the gaurds who are with him its was something unique that they haddnt seen before which could of lead more to him being nicked by and inquisitor. as for milo hes up fighting along side maccroth and the saint, he is likley to trun up in some other GW fluff they might do for the crusade  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:40 am
No, you don't understand. A psyker is evil in the eyes of a staunch Black Ship crew men, Commissar or wahtever. All psykers, unless proven pure and useful, are worthless fodder to be fed to the Emperor. So he can predict the future? Well off with his head. They don't care about that, he's food for the Emperor. Abnett doesn't believe in happy endings for everybody.

On that subject, I finished Fell Cargo today, which was a fun read, making me want to get back in piracy again, but with more gusto! pirate  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

menoftanith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:27 am
yes but not everyone on the black ships does get feed to the astronomican, all im saying is there is a possabilty soric is still alive and involved in something else. abnett probably wont actually do anything with soric and will leave it with him going missing but it doesnt mean hes dead  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:32 am
I just found out that Cain is nothing more then a direct rip of a book from the last century. He's a copy of someone named "Flashman", who also is a coward, always ends on top as the hero and has a lot of foot notes added to confirm the actions.

Read it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashman  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Warlord Kartanus

7,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:35 pm
oh well, he still kicks a** and is funny as hell, especially with Jurgen around.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games