Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:26 pm
LOL Dx

Wiske... 8D;; you dork me? idol? I feel sorry for you D8> you're gonna turn out to be weird and demented.

Welcome to the guild hun <3

Toxic: 8DD yeah but pixels ARE pretty ya *O*... but yes art>pixels.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:53 am
T i r a e l
LOL Dx

Wiske... 8D;; you dork me? idol? I feel sorry for you D8> you're gonna turn out to be weird and demented.

Welcome to the guild hun <3

Toxic: 8DD yeah but pixels ARE pretty ya *O*... but yes art>pixels.

Damn straight
8DD

My wrist hurts reeeeeeeally bad
D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

T o x i c` Quiddity

Apriorism

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:48 pm
T o x i c` Quiddity
R u m o r V.2
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I R SORRY.
But Rumor likes the pretty pixels,
I can do the art myself, I r cheap to me. rofl heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But art is priceless
DD8

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oh I agree, especially for me,
it is priceless. In fact no price at all. xD User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:00 pm
Hilo,^^

as you can plainly tell i'm new here and my name is.........well you don't need to know that, what you can know is that my name is PC or Niko you pick.......^^

I am currently unemployed and attending school......^^ I would like to become an M.E. but as of right now I'm taking 3 classes in French and I HATE IT!!!!! but on a lighter note I've been drawing ever since I was nay hight to a grasshopper.....^^ and I LOVE ANIME!!!!!! i also have an obession with the color green and everything must be divisible 2 and be an even number.

I tend to wonder when I talk about myself as you can tell......^^ my friends tell me I have an abstract mind but I dunno you be the judge of that......^^ um, I know I may sound like a very outgoing and loud person but in all I'm about as loud as mute tv. and I suffer alot from shyness, I have it so bad that I often find it hard to work with other people because I tend to make everyone around me mad......somehow........so yea but thats all....^^ anyway it was nice metting yall.....^^ blaugh ninja  

XxXlostxnekoXxX

ContraMundi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:45 pm
User Image

You make sense to me, welcome to the guild ^^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 pm
So ya, I joined up. :3

I'm not on Gaia too much, but I really like to draw, and help people improve. Right now I'm in school heading towards a Bachelor's in Fine Arts (a long way to go on that one) and an Assosiates in Japanese (One more semester til that's done, woot!). I'm not sure what I'm going to do...while my drawings are pretty good, where I am right now I don't consider myself good enough to make a living off of it, though art commissions DO make a nice supplement to my lacking income. I've been thinking about looking into becoming an art professor (MORE school asjhbfpiys wink but I'm not sure on that.

Guh, I talked a lot. If anyone needs anything, drop me a line. :3  

Kaiven

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Z e r o`

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:37 am
Hey,my name's Zero. I'm 16 and a sophmore in highschool. I got serious about art at nine years old and since then I'm a self-taught artist who's really wanting some pointers and tips. I like Marvel and DC comics just as much as manga and I'm a sucker for musicals and Broadway. Artistically, I'm trying to teach myself how to properly use my Prisma markers and inking pens while saving my money for Photoshop CS2 and Copics. Which will take a very long time since I'm unemployed. D:
My idols are Celesse and Kylee. :3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:11 am

WELCOME TO THE GUILD EVERYONE! ^0^

Rumor
>___>;;
|| kicks your face ||

T o x i c` Quiddity

Apriorism

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..::[ - K |N| O [C] K- ]::.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gotta knock A litt.l|e| harder brea k through th[e] [D]oor

If I catch you with my properton, such as my BUMP, info, graphics, and art; I'll report you. D<
-Feels the love- emo heart
[ - Sadness Inserted Here - ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:27 pm
Hallo~

The name I shall use in this guild is Holly, because it's my fake name that I use whenever registering for a website when I'm not sure if I like it, and I am [currently] 14 years old. My birthday is in February, which is obvious because of my signature, and if you give me credit to my screenname, you'll find that I am Korean and that "Hyewon" (혜원) is my -real- name. You shall never use the name that normal Americans and classmates call me, so you can just call me Holly.

I've been drawing for about two years now, and I realize that when I first started, I drew some serious crap. (By the way, I am a girl... sweatdrop ) I think that I've improved a lot, but I still want to become much better and not have to spend so much time and money on lead and erasers. (I use mechanical pencils.)

I was introduced to Gaia about two years ago, but two years ago, the Gaian system was crap, and so, to my friend, I emailed, "wtf, this is crap." and I stopped. In 2oo6, I got re-acquainted with Gaia, and realized that I was a total retard, because I thought Gaia was crap after I spent five minutes on the site.

-Spending five minutes on a site is not nearly enough time to decided whether it is crap or not, folks.-

Anyways, I've been on Gaia for about a year. I think that my wealth is average, but I stopped for about two months. I'm only back because this is Spring Break and I was really bored, but maybe for this guild, I'll start coming back. I was thinking about opening an art shop here, but I'm not sure, so I'll listen to experienced members before deciding anything.

As for my style, I guess it's a bit heavy on anime. I've improved mucho grande in two years, but I still have a lot to improve. I'm too poor and/or not serious enough about art at the moment to have a tablet and/or a CGing program, but that's fine with me. I'm not going to waste about 1ooo dollars for something that I'm going to use only once.

So yeah, that's about it, I guess. I'm not sure what to say now.

Oh wait--

Right now, I guess that I've got the basic hang of things: I can tell when the eyes are off, or when her head is too big for her body, I guess, but I'd like to be able to learn the basic anatomy of a person's body. I need to improve on hands and posture, and I would really like to be able to draw better eyes.

I think know that I'm done.

hyewon219

Dixzallicx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:19 pm

Jump in! Jump out! Turn yourself about!
Jump in! Jump out! Introduce yourself!

My name is DiZ!
-Clap clap-

And I'm Big Pimpin'!
-Clap clap-

Gunna be Big Pimpin'!
-Clap clap-

Everyday of my life!
-"Everyday of his life!"-

Jump in! Jump out! Turn yourself about!
Jump in! Jump out! Introduce yourself!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:24 pm
Heya everyonen biggrin

welcome to the guild!!

hyewon: I think everyone drew crap when they first started XD;;; That sounds like my story too :3 I joined gaia in 2004 but didn't get active until last summer.

Dixzallicx: biggrin !! welcome to the guild yo! I've seen your pretty arts around *3*

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:25 am
Hello hello, I'm kinda excited about finding this guild. Thank you Tirael ^^

Sorry for giving you such a short introduction, but now I'm going to skitter off to explore the rest of this quild and find myself a Mentor <3  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:20 am
I'm Jadeth, a pretty busy girl. .__. I'm 21 years old and live in Holland~ I love drawing all sorts of styles, though I generally prefer more realistic, slightly anime styles. I like to make mysterious, mood-ful pieces. I just got my tablet and am trying to learn how to CG, but I am pretty... horrible. 8D; I prefer watercolouring.

I study English and language sciences in university and I have a side job at the police. 8D;  

Jadeth

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games