Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
~*The Rantbox*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Ranting a good stress reliever?
The best!
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
I think Art is a better outlet
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Stress??? WHAT STRESS??? *twitch twitch*
56%
 56%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 48

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:08 am
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE OTHER MODS?
I haven't seem a single one of you since over a week ago! I always told myself that I would quit being a mod if the guild ever gets out of hand, wich it now seems to have. All I see now are threads like "Am I goth enough?" or "Hi I'm new" or posts that bassicaly mean that the person feels sorry for themselves and kind of s**t all over the place! And I'm sick of it! I still come and visit the guild around once a day and every time I just get in a worse mood because I don't see anyone stopping all these people from ruining the guild!
If you have been trying to stop it, then I'm sorry that I might have offended you BUT I'M SICK OF SEEING THIS GUILD GO TO HELL!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:04 pm
scream n00bs!! scream honestly, they should just rename Gaia Towns, N00b Towns... stressed  

Kitsoru

VampiBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:24 pm
I can't stand the GD fourm anymore.. too many pointless threads... *screams*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:44 pm
- after reading yet another site that tries to be enlightening, non-stereotyping and all that jazz yet in reality ending up yet another sycophantic, contradictory mess. -

*smacks head repeatly on desk due to the continued butchery of the English language by internet illiterates*
I'm getting seriously irked due to the incorrect usage of 'poser'. And I mean really, really ******** off.

A poser is a baffling question or problem, the correct spelling is poseur, and before the same old tired and redundent arguments of languages changing emerges I'll just state that yes, languages change, but that is no excuse for perfectly good words to be continually mis-spelled due to some over-excited yet imbecillic people on the internet not bothering to learn how to use the laguage they use. Learning how to spell and punctuate properly is not hard, hell if someone with dysbraxia* (eg. me) can sit down and teach their brain to spell the hard way there's absolutely no reason for other people without learning difficulties to lower the standard of literacy due to ignorance.

And that's ignorace in the correct usage, not the bastardised version that means someone who's ignoring you. If you want to use nice long words learn what they mean, you're just going to look like a gimp if you use them the wrong way.

*people with severe learning difficulties are exempt from this poke, I've been mercifully lucky with the severity of dysbraxia I've been given, at least I can read and write unlike others in my family.  

Isobel Bellamy

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:46 am
IY_and_MCR
I also hate the people who think they are the unrivaled source of knowlage on a band. I run into them constantly and half the time they don't know s**t about the band they claim to love so much. They only like a little power trip from calling others posers. They should just all shut the hell up. If you find somebody who is a real fan of a band you like be happy and make conversation. Don't just go and try to prove they arn't as big of or as good of a fan as you are. It can be assumed that you too are pretending to like a band and having your loyalty questioned isn't fun. Espicialy when you get on the case of the wrong person who can throw you off your high horse. You will find somebody who knows more and you will come out looking like the a** you are. Music is a great thing so don't go scaring off the other people who realize that by being an a**.

Being into the indie scene causes me to run into that all the time. I will always love the joke, "How do you tick off an indie snob? Enjoy the music."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:55 am
Lita1692
In my class today, everyone had to do a persuasive speech and someone decided to do theirs on illegal drugs. I listened intentively, and at the end, I decided to voice my opinion, as I like to do. I started to say that pot is not all that bad, as it could be used in hospitals for people with chronic illnesses. I also mentioned several other key points, as well as some additional facts on meth and pot that the person failed to mention. My teacher then called me a pot head, and I was like are you kidding me? I would not smoke pot, as I know the harmful effects, and everytime I went to say something, she'd laugh or make a comment like "How do you know all of this about drugs?".

After a while, she'd just ignore me raising my hand, or say "Another point about drugs?" This is really annoying and quite frankly, quite rude. After that, the other subjects were "Why you should join after school activites." To this I said people may feel pressured to do steriods in sports. After this whenever I went to comment on a topic (you can mention drugs on practically anything), she'd make the same comments, or people would say "Here we go again." It is not my fault that I feel I should express my opinion, and further more, add additional, negative aspects to people's topic.

After class, people came up to me and asked me where they could buy drugs, continue to call me pothead, etc. How is this fair, or right, that simply because I know my facts, I should be called a pothead, without being able to defend myself?

What the hell.. that does sound quite rude.
I'd go to the office or something and report it.
She has no right to call you a pothead, nor do I think she is allowed to.  

VampiBear

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:38 am
Isobel Bellamy

*smacks head repeatly on desk due to the continued butchery of the English language by internet illiterates*
I'm getting seriously irked due to the incorrect usage of 'poser'. And I mean really, really ******** off.

A poser is a baffling question or problem, the correct spelling is poseur, and before the same old tired and redundent arguments of languages changing emerges I'll just state that yes, languages change, but that is no excuse for perfectly good words to be continually mis-spelled due to some over-excited yet imbecillic people on the internet not bothering to learn how to use the laguage they use. Learning how to spell and punctuate properly is not hard, hell if someone with dysbraxia* (eg. me) can sit down and teach their brain to spell the hard way there's absolutely no reason for other people without learning difficulties to lower the standard of literacy due to ignorance.

And that's ignorace in the correct usage, not the bastardised version that means someone who's ignoring you. If you want to use nice long words learn what they mean, you're just going to look like a gimp if you use them the wrong way.

*people with severe learning difficulties are exempt from this poke, I've been mercifully lucky with the severity of dysbraxia I've been given, at least I can read and write unlike others in my family.
Indeed, it has been a shame to see what ignorant and otherwise lazy (except for people with learning disabilites, though some have worked hard to achieve correct spelling) people do to the English language when it falls into their hands. What does it take, like two seconds longer to type out the full word? Seriously, no one can understand what you are trying to say if you have no respect whatsoever for the language. Words have correct spellings for reasons.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:08 am
Pyroball
lol Lurichan, you have a way with randomness biggrin

My Rant for today:

WTF is the point of packing for a trip two or three days in advance!?! My parents always nag me to pack like a week and a half ahead. It's rediculous! I end up USING the stuff I pack shortly after I pack them! What is with parents and their pre-packing philias!?!
they are being bitches bitching about people bitching about their bitches. Just because the whores dont give up all the dough so the person bitching is the mom(misstress)about the whore(dad)who didnt pay the car insurance bill which wouldnt have been so high if dad didnt hire a whore to give him road head and then got into an acccident which rose their car insureance 1378942562893475623879 dollars because they didnt have all-state...blah  

grotesquekreeple

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:29 am
Cursing. Is there really a point?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:00 pm
zz1000zz
Cursing. Is there really a point?
yes it expresses to the person in which you are talking to that you are mad very mad and that they might not want to ******** with you that is if you say it right like with extreme rage for example IDIOT a*****e b***hthat happens to be a funny line i shouted at a passing car that tried to throw ketchup at meand i tried to run a broken squegie* through their windsheild after they tryed to run me over with the car it was 2 inches away they had to go in reverse like a bunch of panseys  

grotesquekreeple

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:24 pm
I HATE CUSTOMERS!!! This is a rant. As such it contains swearing. IF this bugs you, go somewhere else. -_-*

WTF people? What is with the attitude when I can't bend over backwards to grant your every whim and desire because then I would have to do it for 20+ other people who would also just be ingrates. I swear I literally had a guy storm off pissed because I couldn't exchange something for him at the register since they were a different value. ~_~ Dummy forgot half his s**t at my register too, so had to storm back up to get it before storming back to customer service again. Baka! Keep in mind this is just one example of the idiots I delt with today.

I really am getting fed up with the BS they keep giving me. It's mind numbing really how dumb some of them are, and I"m sick of explaining the latest coupon to people who just don't get it. It's a ******** COUPON NOT MONEY OFF TODAY!!! Freaking morons.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:26 am
^I'm in agreement there, I work in a library and some of the s**t-heads I get in there are just an insult to humanity.

I have a wierdo (we get a lot of them...) who comes in every month or so wanting to read about 40-50 newspapers in one day (we have a reserve of them downstairs for people to request) so, the guy gives me a list of 40 of the damn things and I go downstairs, collect the ones he told me to (I even wrote it down!!) and 5 minutes later he starts yelling that I gave him the wrong ones.....no I didn't you moron, I wrote down exactly what you told me to, it's your fault if you said the wrong ones!!

Then I get an equally annoying guy being rude ot me and everyone else (he assaulted one of them with a book, the jerk-off stare ) because he couldn't find a road map of bloody Brighton because someone had borrowed it. Surprisingly because we're a library people can take books out. I know, it's a concept that gets past me sometimes rolleyes stare And then there's this guy that goes onthe computer's for hours on end. Everyone who's a member of the library gets 7 hours on the computers each, he comes in and wants 15 hours a ******** week and then starts yelling at us because we're not allowed to extend people's hours.

And then there's the 20 people a day that expects us to know every single damn book in the library, I even got someone asking for a book on a subject so damn obsure I doubt we have one in the friggin county let alone library. *smacks head repeatedly against table* not forgetting the people that expect us to taske their s**t becauswe they've had a bad day and still smile and kiss their arse. Sorry, not gonna happen, you be rude to me I'm sure as hell gonna be rude back.

This of course isn't mentioning the people I actually work with. Some are wonderful, lovely people and they're a joy to work with...but the others...urg, I have 9 piercings, mostly in my ears, but I also have my nose and eyebrow done, two people in particular hate this and make it known. But, they can't do anything about it because there's nothing that says I have to take them out, hell, the kids that come in prefer to talk to me because of them, also I work damn hard, harder than them and it's a better shift for them because I pull their slack (I do about 60% of the shelving for them, when you've got about 200 books coming in that's a hell of a lot of walking and lifting). I think that kind of merrits them to not snear at me and actually smile nicely, not that it actually happens. Ah well, the next time the gothed-out rocker that likes the library comes in I'm leaving him to them, they don't like piercings? Ha, he's got a face FULL of them, face your fears and find out he's actually polite and doesn't give you s**t.

I swear, the only reason I go in some days is because there are those few actually nice poeple that smile and are polite because they realise that *gasp* we don't have to be there and libraries aren't a freaking right, I'd like to see someone go into a book shop and ask to borrow a book from them.

Ahh, it feels so good to rant biggrin  

Isobel Bellamy

BloodyKateMary89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:32 pm
Warning: Swearing contained in the following rant.

You would not believe the s**t I have to take when i walk through a mall in my town. I wear my pentacle proudly on my sleeve and actually have a tattoo of it on my forehead(It means peace) and because of it, I actually got beaten down by the ******** mall cops. they ******** said that I wasn't allowed to have that kind of tattoo shown, but I saw others with it on their foreheads, their cheeks, their necks and shoulder blades. The only difference is, and they all know this, is that I'm a Wiccan. they ******** beat the s**t out of me every day because I'm not a satan worshipper or a christian. it is frigging starting to piss me off roally. Next person who throws a punch at me is going to get their bitchy asses kicked to Mars. I'm friggin serious.

They judge because I'm a pronounce, differentiated person and they can't accept that. I live in a religiously racist town. People have actually had the guts to come up to me and slap me to get the devil out of me. I'm ******** sick of it!!!! I WON'T ******** TAKE IT ANYMORE! I WAS FIRED FROM MY JOB BECAUSE OF IT! I CAN'T GET A NEW JOB BECAUSE OF IT! THEY WON'T LET ME SEND OUT FOR A PASSPORT BECAUSE OF IT! I WAS NEARLY EXPELLED FROM SCHOOL BECAUSE OF IT!!!

Thank god I'm moving in a week.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 49 50 51 52 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games