Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:29 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Wicca does not recognize authority! Anne Moura and Silver Ravenwolf are proof of this!

Is Anne Moura on the fluffy-black list?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:33 pm
VisasMarr
Henry Dorsett Case
Wicca does not recognize authority! Anne Moura and Silver Ravenwolf are proof of this!

Well, she's a Llewellyn author whose assertions about Wicca seem to stem entirely from Cunningham...  

Henry Dorsett Case

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:40 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
VisasMarr
Henry Dorsett Case

Well, she's a Llewellyn author whose assertions about Wicca seem to stem entirely from Cunningham...

I would agree with you there, but I do believe there are some things that are valuable in her books. Mind you I have only read Green Witchcraft II. I think she falls (or chooses) to misrepresent her path as Wicca (and take little snippets here and there to make it look more 'wiccan-like') when it is more of an amalgomation of folk traditions, magic, and some other stuff. But I will admit there is a lot of bastardization going on in that book...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:49 pm
VisasMarr
I would agree with you there, but I do believe there are some things that are valuable in her books. Mind you I have only read Green Witchcraft II. I think she falls (or chooses) to misrepresent her path as Wicca (and take little snippets here and there to make it look more 'wiccan-like') when it is more of an amalgomation of folk traditions, magic, and some other stuff. But I will admit there is a lot of bastardization going on in that book...
Well, I noticed that she's very careful on her website to not claim that she's actually teaching Wicca, but she makes some of the same "Wicca is really just whatever you want it be" kind of claims that go along with the rest of fluffdom. Then again, I'm fairly certain that Llewellyn knows that its readers will assume that any witchcraft methodology is Wiccan unless it is specifically labeled otherwise.  

Henry Dorsett Case

VisasMarr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:37 am
Henry Dorsett Case
VisasMarr
Well, I noticed that she's very careful on her website to not claim that she's actually teaching Wicca, but she makes some of the same "Wicca is really just whatever you want it be" kind of claims that go along with the rest of fluffdom. Then again, I'm fairly certain that Llewellyn knows that its readers will assume that any witchcraft methodology is Wiccan unless it is specifically labeled otherwise.

*nods* That really irks me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:38 am
deadmanjake
What exactly ar 'Wiccan dieties'? My Wiccan friend cannot seem to come up with a reply to this, as it makes no sense.

But they ARE Wiccan. Wiccan is a broad term, not just specified by the God and Goddess.

To make it simpler:

That]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18454435&page=7#934915908
That is just too...words escape me. Kind of reminded me of Bugs Bunny shaving the hairy monster - get through the fluff, and there's nothing left.  

Dulliath

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:25 am
"Reagun Ban is wrong."
biggrin
I kid, I kid.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Eshmasesh
"Reagun Ban is wrong."
biggrin
I kid, I kid.

Congratulations for making the 19100th post of this guild! whee

She really had some good ones.

"Celt is a nationality." - that amused me.

As well as her incredibly long lists of fluffy sources.  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:14 pm
Eshmasesh
"Reagun Ban is wrong."
It's been known to happen. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:20 pm
For thousands of years ago, way back when, many people of various religions relied on Pagans to bless their homes, chase away bad spirits, ect. Pagans were good, nature loving witches. Then Christians decided that this gave the Pagans too much power, so they started calling them "evil" and burning them, thus the Burning Era, ending for the most part in the recent 1800s.

Sense this was only 200 years ago that they BURNED people they thought were witches, now that there are legal Pagans in the world there is a lot of negativity against them.

This was in the Wicca thread in Extended. Man, that one has a lot of good stuff as well.  

jaden kendam

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:24 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18365849&page=35

anything by erysia, i think her name is...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:34 pm
deadmanjake

I don't know why folks go into ED proper anymore.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:35 pm
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake

I don't know why folks go into ED proper anymore.
Slumming it? I tend to slip down there for easy prey, to be honest.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:38 pm
I speak fluent Gaelic.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:46 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Slumming it? I tend to slip down there for easy prey, to be honest.
I get all twitchy. If I wanted that kind of mindless debate- I'd go to GD.

Funny- I don't go there either.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games