Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ineffable Experiences. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 96 97 98 99 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:01 pm
Janis Joplin, little girl blue, pearl.

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:07 pm
As my head begins to swim
the little letters invoke
a sense of empathy in a keystroke
and I know how the fox felt as the river claimed him  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:22 am
Last night, as I oft am, I felt a desire to go gaze up into the night sky... into the vastness in the dark 'twixt the stars... in the shining motes so far away...
But, instead of looking for clues as to the great tale of the cosmos... I appreciated the heavens merely for their own beauty... something I had not done for some time. I laid my eyes upon them, and for a moment, the strangest of things... tho I had not gone to the firmament with a query that night, they had an answer for me. I know not how, but in no uncertain terms, they said I love you.
I realized I loved them as well... and that there were so many other things I loved...

I have forgotten so many things over the years... in learning about the world, I had forgotten how to be a part of it.
It is good to remember the important things once in awhile.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:00 am
I didn't feel that this was appropriate for the double take thread.

Last week, my dad quit his job. I completely flipped out inwardly.
He then looked for new jobs, and found a farfetched catalogue scheme which if he does full time he has the potential to earn alot of money. I'm not convinced at all, it seems extremely unreliable

On another forum, I answered one of those 'what deities are you attracted to?' questions.
I put the usual down, and for some reason, without thinking I put hermes down too.

I was perplexed by this and thought I might as well read lots more about him for the record.

Then it all slotted into place. The stuff thats been happening recently, and the way hermes has been known to help in the past.
I realise my dad quitting was the best thing that has happened to him. He HATED it there, when he left he immediately changed into a much better man. By doing this job he can be his own boss, and if it dosen't work out he is being paid till january anyway.

I had prayed that our situation would improve when my dad was in the other job, and it did. I definitely believe hermes had something to do with that. Later in the day I thanked him and offered some things to him. Later when our van broke down, I asked him for help and it started imediately.

I'm extremely grateful,and quite taken with hermes. I've started forging a relationship with him now.

It made me happy, I can't explain why (heh, ineffable). But I saw all the events in the scheme of things.  

patch99329

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:12 pm
Translating is not easy.
It's damn ******** hard.
Translating from spoken English to spoken Irish is ******** difficult.
When I speak in Irish, I don't take each phrase and translate an appropriate linguistic contrivance from English to Irish any more than when I speak English with regards to Irish. Conversation in a language is easy.
Translators get paid big bucks. FOR GOOD ******** REASON.
Translating from any form of technical English to Irish is a ******** pain in the hole. Each word in English is LOADED with meaning. Phrases? They're next to impossible to translate without producing errors. Legalistic contrivances, they are point-blank impossible.

I have been given a document in English and asked to produce the Irish that it was translated from.
I honestly think the person in question is blatantly ignorant of how impossible this is.
I don't think he's aware of the fact that if I produce a document, two other Irish speakers would produce two other documents.
I don't think he's aware of the fact that the document that I produce will have at least two other translations that are linguistically valid.

This is to leave aside the fact that there are terms like "Supernal", "Abyss", "Exarchs" "Awakened" and a whole host of foreign culture words in it. Then you have the misconception that there are hundreds of words for rock in Dwarvish, to steal a concept from terry prattchett. There are no words for rock in Dwarvish. To lump rocks together is a ridiculous concept, to dwarves. Much the same for dream and Irish.

Then there's the case of the noun "Wise". Wise is, generally, an adjective. So I could use the "wise ones" which has it's own problems. Irish is a language that makes liberal and frequent use of declension.

This would be headwrecking enough but, as ST Forsaken, I get 40 prestige a month. I've been offered 20 prestige to do this. Rather than being asked "what's the appropriate amount of prestige for this" I got greeted with the (completely unintentional but none-the-less horribly offensive) affront of having it be called "Free prestige".

This would be completely understandable if it were an american I were dealing with, no offence but I'm basing this on statistics and there are a lower number of multilingual americans (proportianally) than there are those who claim to be Irish speakers in my country americans who speak foreign languages versus irish people who claim to speak irish, but it's not. It's from an Irishman. The statistics lie, by the way. It's utter bollox.
They lie like rugs.
Dirty rugs that people have walked all over.

Funniest thing is, I'd have had no problem doing it, at all, if no mention of prestige had been made.
The assumption that it was easy, or trivial: therein lies the problem and offense.
Reconcilliation is difficult. I don't know the person. I suffer rather badly from social anxiety. I don't know how to relate to people who are clearly my intellectual inferior on a given topic and I hate the presumption.
None of this is his fault. I have to deal with this.
BUT ******** SAKE. ASK HOW HARD SOMETHING IS BEFORE PUTTING A PRICE ON IT.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:11 am
You'll never be more than alive,
You'll never do more than survive,
Until you expect it!

Do you wanna build a world with our lives?
You better soon decide,
Or you can forget it!

My hands for now are tied,
I'm a body frozen
I'm a will that's paralyzed

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:03 pm
This is not what it is.
It is just what it is.
Why can't this be what it is instead of what it is?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:23 pm
crying  

TeaDidikai

With Motion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:04 pm
CuAnnan

I've just lost The game
I'm never reading the first three pages of a thread again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 pm
With Motion
CuAnnan

I've just lost The game
MODBANNIT! I just lost the game.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:08 am
I was in dream time, I was moving, like I had never moved before it was perplexing and then l looked down, I was standing on a tortoise and it looked up and winked at me! WFT!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:14 am
Shadow- I'd wink at you if you were perched on my back. ~sagely nod~

In othernews- my birthday at the spa (which I still try and spell with an extra W) informed me that the gods are in their nooks and crannies and everything is right with the world. For some reason that is less comforting than it should be.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:48 am
TeaDidikai
With Motion
CuAnnan

I've just lost The game

It's okay. You're free now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:04 am
Maze
TeaDidikai
With Motion
CuAnnan

I've just lost The game

I so just lost the game.  

TeaDidikai

With Motion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:01 pm
Maze
TeaDidikai
With Motion
CuAnnan

I've just lost The game

Haha, I love that motivational poster 3nodding  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 96 97 98 99 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games