Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
Mayfair Manor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Halfbreed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm
Felix looked in the direction of the cousin that called to him. If his memory didn't fail him, she was Eleanor. Again, he fell back into that feeling that he needed to obey what some one asked or respond back to that person. Turning to Eleanor, he looked at her. "I've been in the guild for most of my life. Before that I was seperated from my parents. I don't remember how it happened."

His answer was short, but there was no reason that he saw to prolong his answer. His masters at the guild wanted the answers quick and to the point. But now since he was out of the guild and in a new place. His new masters would probably want a more detailed answer. Only time would tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:48 pm
Jack looked at Eleanor and then Cyrus. The boys shared a look then Cyrus shrugged his shoulders and Jack threw his hands up in an odd gesture. "Well if no one else is going to ask then I will. What in the hell is 'the guild'?" His voice on the last two words sounded too much like a bad movie vampire not to be funny.
"You weren't part of some cult trying to raise the dark lord were you?" Cyrus asked leaning on the counter towards him. His tone was weary and serious but the smile gave the joke away.
Jack ducked back into the fridge and came out with an old bagel that he took a big bite out of before the threw it away. "He'd fit in damn well with the rest of this family then wouldn't he?"
Both the boys laughed at that and Cyrus leaned across the counter to ruffle Felix's hair. "Chill out. A big part of being a Mayfair in our generation is having fun. Learn to loosen up."
Jack took a big spoonful of ice cream while Cyrus talked and was still licking the spoon when he started. "Especially since we don't have much time left. Cy is ice cream supposed to be chewy?" The look he was given made him go quiet. "Oh s**t." He dropped the spoon back into the tub and stared at the counter. "You didn't hear that."
Cyrus busied himself picking through the boxes and bowls looking for food. He was extremely careful not to meet his cousin's eyes.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Azure Halfbreed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 pm
"The guild is just as i say. It has no name. That was we say when we're reffering to it. It's where I was for most of my life. It's an association of vigalantes. Some plan who needs to be killed, others execute the plan. No one besides the guilds members are suppose to know of the guild existences. And for deserting, I should be labeled one of the next targets if my alibi is seen through."

Now with the first subject out of the way on to the second matter that came up. "And I can't as you say, 'loosen up'. Since entering the guild, I've been taught disipline and obidence. From what little I understood at Antha's house, you all had more of a childhood than I. But because my was robbed so soon and I was forced to take on different princapals, I can't have fun anymore."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 am
Kain also spoke up in Felix's defence, "Think about it how can you have fun if you have been trained, or taught, to kill people without remorse." He himself knew too much how that felt. He looked at Eleanor and Cyrus. "So do I get a room or will I be sleeping in my car again?"  

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 pm
Courtland stood up long enough to watch Antha wriggling toward the vampire and then he couldn't take anymore. He was too tired.
Usually he slept in front of Antha with an arm around her shoulders and his forehead pressed to hers but he let her and Vikteren have their space. He curled up instead on the opposite side of her legs from Armand. He let his head roll to the side and rest in the curve of her stomach and then he was asleep.
"That's up to Antha," Cyrus replied to Kain. "She may very well want you at Satis House with her."
"In case of Sleet," Jack said.
"Right......" Cyrus gave his cousin a look. A long look. "Speaking of family secrets......."
"He doesn't need to know," Jack answered flatly. "Nope."
"He should."
"Leave it to Antha." Jack threw a few bowls back in the fridge and slammed the door. "Dammit Cy!"
"You don't even know which secret I mean."
"The hell I don't." He gave an angry sigh and his eyes looked at the sliding doors at the back of the kitchen as they opened. "Jacob. Just in time. You need to take inventory in the fridge and Antha pulled a little number in the library."
Jacob Gripling had been the hired help for the main branch of the Mayfair family for years. He wasn't much older than Antha and people didn't seem to understand why such a rich family would hire such a young and inexperienced boy.
The truth was because they trusted him. The whole city knew what they were but it was all gossip and rumors. Jacob knew the truth and that it was scarier than any rumor. But he stuck around and that was why the family had kept him. Even befriended him. "Damn. I just polished that floor too." The boy sighed and ran a hand through this short brown hair before putting his coat on the back of a chair and looking at the two strangers in the kitchen. "I'm sorry I didn't know you had company."
"Red-head's our cousin," Cyrus told him.
"Julien spawn," Jack added over his shoulder. "Jake we need milk. You know Antha'll drink a whole carton when she wakes up."
Jacob did something like a double-take. "Oh dear God she's here?"
He went to grab his coat and rush to the grocery store but Cyrus stopped him with a little gesture. "You just got here. Calm down and you can get the milk in a little while."
Jacob sighed with relief and dropped into a chair at the kitchen table. "So I didn't catch your names," he said cheerfully to the two strangers. "I'm Jacob Gripling."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:28 pm
"Actually Kain. These's guys might just know what it feels like to kill without remorse. The killing part I know for sure. Can't say anything for hte remorse. If I understood correctly, it's all part of the curse?" Felix asked to make sure that he got that correct. With a new family came the new rules. And he wanted to make sure that he got it right.

Felix paid the servant boy, or whatever they called him, his attention last. He didn't feel the need to pay his the attention first. But he wasn't going to totally ignore him. Turning his head towads Jacob, Felix answered. "Felix." That was all that was needed. Just his name.

Azure Halfbreed

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:01 am
Kain looked at the one who spoke. "Kain Nighthawk, nice to meet you Jacob." he said then put a hand to his chest. *looks like I'm still good for a little while.* he thought to himself feeling his heart beat. "Oh well family curses aren't all bad all the time. I'm naturally lucky...sometimes." he said with a small laugh.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm
Jack and Cyrus shared a long look. It said a lot of things that outsiders probably wouldn't understand. It also told them that they shared the thought that even though Felix was a Mayfair he might never have the curse in full.
For his sake they hoped so.
"Nice to meet you," Jacob said with a nod to Felix. "So what's up with Antha?" He was trying to break the tension.
Cyrus sighed. "A lot of s**t. But I think what really got to her was Julien demanding she get married."
Jack was busy staring off into the distance. Jacob replied, "Oh man. SHe going to do it?"
"Dunno," Jack said.
Cyrus sighed. "Who knows. It's her obligation to the family but then again the prophecy could come true any day now. I mean her 20th birthday is less than a year away. What's even the point?"
Jack patted his cousin's back. "Cheer up. Antha can handle it. She won't let us die." He turned his attention back to their guests. "Want something to eat?"

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Goblin In A Suit

Dangerous Phantom

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:01 am
Kain looked to Jack. "Thank you that would be very nice right now." he said with no sarcasem in his voice. His voice still hand its old 'I don't care' tone in it. "May I ask what you have to eat here?" He added as his stomach rumbled a little.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:07 pm
Asleep, Antha could not put barriers between the links that connected her to her cousins. She could protect her own mind, but their thoughts rushed her in a flood of varied ideas and images. When her own thoughts had begun to calm and her dreams were not so hectic, it was Jack's thoughts that came to her the strongest. They were simple and random thoughts about food, for the most part, but it made sense to her unconscious mind because she had used up all of the energy she had and sleep could only restore part of it.
That was what woke her at last. She had a very groggy moment of staring at Vikteren, wondering how she had ended up in his presence, holding tight to his hand, but then Jack's thoughts wrapped around her and all she could think of was crawling out of the pile of her cousins, trying not to wake them, and stumbling still half asleep downstairs to the kitchen. She paused in the doorway to glance around the room, taking note of everyone present, before she made her way to the refrigerator. "Where's the milk?" she mumbled, searching a second time and still not finding it. It put her in something close to panic mode realizing that there was none so that when she turned to Jacob, the expression on her face was one of childish despair. "Jake, we need milk."

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:33 pm
"A bunch," Jack answered while he searched through the fridge. "Come take a look."
He might have said something else but Antha caught his attention. Jacob didn't need to be told about the milk twice. He scrambled out the door and to his truck. "You look like hell," Cyrus commented. "You should go get more sleep until Jacob comes back with your milk."
Jack reached in the freezer and pulled out another carton of icecream. It wasn't much better than the first but he held it out to Antha. "Want some ice cream?" It was an innocent gesture. He could stomach a lot and he knew she could too. What was some old ice cream compared to vampire blood?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:43 pm

The vampire woke when Antha did, but lay watching her pad out of the room through half-closed eyes until she was gone. It was not really sleep that he had feigned, but close enough that it had left him stiff, and reluctant to rise. But he did, despite it, and followed her.
Vikteren arrived in the kitchen just in time to hear Antha's demand for milk.
There seemed to be very little that she did without reason, and he had to wonder what had brought about the sudden desire to imbibe opaque white liquid secreted by a domesticated ungulate.
He leaned against the wall of the stairwell, crossing his arms and watching the kitchen's inhabitants with an inscrutable green gaze.
"The Mayfair reenactment of La Belle au Bois dormant." he mused to himself.
Typical that the princess should wake herself up for a glass of milk.

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:08 pm
Antha took the carton of ice cream hesitantly, tilting her head as if she wanted a different perspective of it, before wrinkling her nose and throwing it in the trash. "Mon dieu, Jack, throw things out when they expire." She picked through the refrigerator one more time, hoping in vain she might have merely overlooked the milk. When again she realized there was none, she took a seat at the counter facing Jack and Cyrus. She started to say something---something about milk, probably---but instead opted to fold her arms on the counter and rest her head against them. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting the spots of color bloom in the blackness of her vision. When she opened them, she saw Vikteren. Her eyes were hazy, thick with sleep, but her gaze was very steady and unnaturally calm. "When is Jake going to be back?" she mumbled, directing the question to Jack and Cyrus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 pm
"He'll be back soon," Cyrus promised while Jack stroked her hair. In fact he was already around the corner at the store. Jack and Cyrus didn't know this but they were confident he would hurry so they started talking. Some of it was directed towards Antha but most of it was for each other. They thought if they kept her preoccupied then she wouldn't get too impatient waiting.
They did this for five minutes before Jacob came running in through the door. He set the paper bag with the milk down before anything and then collapsed into a chair at the table. His breath hadn't caught up with him.
"Remerciez dieu," Cyrus sighed while Jack got out a glass and set it in front of her.
Jack just laughed. "Cheers."

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Azure Halfbreed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:19 pm
Felix watched as everything started to play in front of him. But soon lost interest in it. Turning back to the window, Felix leaned against it and stared through it. Not much was going on. It was slower than Felix was used to. This would take a while to adjust too. Aside from the Sleet incident, and maybe what Antha just did. It didn't seem like much happens here.  
Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games