Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:06 pm
KTweirdchick
I'm going around and picking up any last points.
I'm going to take 5 points off for each student who didn't do your exam
(since you said
"If you do not complete the final exam, points will be taken from your house.")
and add that 10 points to Ravenclaw in your "House Points" section.

I must say,
you keep your class very tidy indeed.
I'm impressed..
icon_3nodding.gif

Thank you about this, I really wanted everyone to be able to find everything in my class!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:38 am
I would like to say if I am accepted as Astronomy Teacher, I would like to do more 3 lessons and an Exam at the end of term. I do have a question though, should I start everyone in the same place or should I just make the Lessons longer for the students according to their Year. I think that it would be easier for the students to start at the same place no matter the Year. However, if KT you disagree I will start in the same place but, make with each Year harder using the same constellation. I believe that everyone needs to start with the same constellation due to the fact that behind each constellation is a story. Please (not just KT) everyone can I have your opinion. I know that KT has the final say but, I would like to know everyone's opinion because, Hopefully some of you may be taking my class. ( I know that no final choices have been made yet, but I feel even if I don't get accepted as Teacher this is an issue that needs a decision. Sorry Again if I'm making this more confusing than it has to be but, thanks to everyone who gives me their opinion. smile 3nodding )  

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:07 am
I would like to say if I am accepted as Astronomy Teacher, I would like to do more 3 lessons and an Exam at the end of term. I do have a question though, should I start everyone in the same place or should I just make the Lessons longer for the students according to their Year. I think that it would be easier for the students to start at the same place no matter the Year. However, if KT you disagree I will start in the same place but, make with each Year harder using the same constellation. I believe that everyone needs to start with the same constellation due to the fact that behind each constellation is a story. Please (not just KT) everyone can I have your opinion. I know that KT has the final say but, I would like to know everyone's opinion because, Hopefully some of you may be taking my class. ( I know that no final choices have been made yet, but I feel even if I don't get accepted as Teacher this is an issue that needs a decision. Sorry Again if I'm making this more confusing than it has to be but, thanks to everyone who gives me their opinion. smile 3nodding )

Id start everyone off in the same place, but that is just what seems logical to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:51 am
Avatar for Astronomy I think that makes since, only because you can get really into astrology and there is a lot to learn so having a general lesson on a constellation and then intensifing it for the older years is a good idea.  

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:03 pm
Celestial Archer
Avatar for Astronomy I think that makes since, only because you can get really into astrology and there is a lot to learn so having a general lesson on a constellation and then intensifing it for the older years is a good idea.

Thanks Celestial and Voluptuous Jon.
Also there is more than just the constellations in astrology, I wouldn't be teaching Astrology but I could try and fit something about everyone' s Astrology sign. I could put up a website everyone can just click on and you horoscope or something. And I just wanted to say that there is alot more to Astronomy including Planets, Space, Constellations, and also if I am accpted as the teacher, I will try to add some more Astrology. Just for next term so everyone knows maybe there could be an Astronomy Class: Constellation and then another for Astronomy Class: Space(Planets and different Galaxies). Because there is alot to debate on these subjects in and out of this guild. That is just something I thought everyone could disscus during this term. In any case it would depend on the teacher and how many students that class has.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:12 am
Reese_Roper
redpopsicles
~Application~

I vouch for you, too. I've seen you around and I can tell you will be a wicked good teacher.

THANKS!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin  

redpopsicles

redpopsicles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:34 am
Just a few of my thought on the questions...

Lessons for different houses:
I agree with what (I think) KT was saying. I could put together different lessons for each year (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). It would definitely save professors a lot of time if they teach the same class over a number of terms. And, it would give each year something new to learn and look forward to.

Possible points for homework assignments:
I think it would definitely make things easier if there were a set number of points for homework with exams (maybe 10) and extra credit up to the professor (with a cap, maybe up to 15 for extra credit, 20 for exams)
I agree also that it would be a good idea to deduct a couple of points for homework/exams not handed in. I prefer a lower number, like 1-3 or something, depending on whether it was homework or an exam. I also like the universal deduction for the final exam. I think also that the 1 sick day would be fair.

Re-making class rooms:
I don't have any experience with this, but I think if you save your lessons and whatnot from the previous term, it shouldn't be too hard to remake the classroom.

Re-application process:
Again, I have no experience with this, but I think the reapplication is a good thing. It gives aspiring professors a chance to put forth their ideas, and really just give them a chance to apply for something they'd really like to teach.

Possible requirements for each term:
I think a minimum number of lessons should definitely be a requirement. I think students get frustrated when only one lesson is posted per term. It also limits the number of house points they can contribute. As for a minimum number of guild posts, I really don't have a preference either way. I think as long as professors post (at least) the required number of lessons, the problem of inactive members should take care of itself. Also, if there is a requirement on what year you have to be to apply, I think you would have far fewer classes (although I might be a little biased on this one, being a first year and all. smile )  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:44 am
Could someone teach more than one class? For example (and totally hypothetical), if Voluptuous Jon gets Charms and doesn't want DADA, could I apply for it, even if my application for Potions that I have submitted gets accepted? Another example (also hypothetical) if Voluptuous Jon gets Charms, could he also teach DADA if he is accepted and wants to? (These are just examples, not anything anyone has said they want to do. I am just using myself and Voluptuous Jon as examples) Again, just a question here, defintely not something I am saying I want to do right now.  

redpopsicles

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:45 am
redpopsicles
Could someone teach more than one class? For example (and totally hypothetical), if Voluptuous Jon gets Charms and doesn't want DADA, could I apply for it, even if my application for Potions that I have submitted gets accepted? Another example (also hypothetical) if Voluptuous Jon gets Charms, could he also teach DADA if he is accepted and wants to? (These are just examples, not anything anyone has said they want to do. I am just using myself and Voluptuous Jon as examples) Again, just a question here, defintely not saying it's something I or anyone else has said they want to do right now.

I teach two classes, one for House Elves, one for students.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:04 am
When do we find out if our application has been accepted? I noticed a Muggle Studies lesson is up, so I didn't know if decisions had been made.  

redpopsicles

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:26 pm
redpopsicles
When do we find out
if our application has been accepted? I noticed a Muggle Studies lesson is up, so I didn't know if decisions had been made.

I also have the same question, I'm just asking because I still have to make the classroom if I am accepted. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:40 pm
I hereby accept all applications. BWAHAHAHAHA.  

Angilwingz

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:42 pm
Thank You!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
AWESOME!  

redpopsicles

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:35 pm
So am I teaching Charms or DADA?  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games