Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Emo = stupid... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about emo?
It's good.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
It's retarded.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Even POP music is better than EMO!
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Ska is god.
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:47 pm
yeah, i wasnt really adressing your post XD i had gathered that some one had explained it to you prior... i just dont like the rest of this threads hasty sweeping (often ignorant) generalizations about a genre that really has gotten so bastardized by said generalizations that its nigh imposible to explain  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:02 am
Yeah, but hey, you can't really blame the kids for generalizing so much. I mean, most kids who listen to "emo" nowadays don't even know about the old s**t. all they know is slitting their wrists. So I mean, seeing as they know about as much of most emo "fans" nowadays, can't blame em.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:30 am
still no less frustrating. it equates to kids who just barely scratch the surface of the ska scene and only seem to know about the new bands, and think ska came from puck. etc. etc. you dont want ska to be the next emo do you!? O_o  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:30 pm
Uggghh Oggghh *hair flip*

Ughh I right shitty a** poetry and then i cut myself all over meh notebook and blood gets all over meh poetry and then i cant read it....GAWD MEH LIFE IS AWFUL NOBIDY TAKES MEH SERIOSLY SUICIDE!!!

gawd...there everywhere  

Bloody Mittens

Frankenska

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Bloody Mittens

Ughh I right shitty a** poetry and then i cut myself all over meh notebook and blood gets all over meh poetry and then i cant read it....GAWD MEH LIFE IS AWFUL NOBIDY TAKES MEH SERIOSLY SUICIDE!!!

gawd...there everywhere

lawl.
Your so right though. You can't get away from'em. My school is crawling with them.
O.o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:16 pm
Frankenska
Bloody Mittens

gawd...there everywhere

lawl.
Your so right though. You can't get away from'em. My school is crawling with them.
O.o

Agg feel your pain  

Bloody Mittens

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:49 pm
Slag10
still no less frustrating. it equates to kids who just barely scratch the surface of the ska scene and only seem to know about the new bands, and think ska came from puck. etc. etc. you dont want ska to be the next emo do you!? O_o

Yeah I know, I get mad enough at emokids for not knowing s**t about their music. How do ya think I feel about all the damn lil Streetlight kids out there?

Dance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:24 am
nothing_noone_blank
well come on guys don't be hating on Emo. I'm not saying everything they say is cool. I mean saying all emo is crying and whinning is so un-true and stereotyping is not cool. Emocore didn't start about with just a bunch of kids whinning. it was supposed to be a more meaningful kind of music. Not crying. People just say Emo is like that just to make fun of music they don't like. if you can say this about emo than emokids have the same right to make fun of how ska sounds and how we dance. please respect other people's opinions. that way the world becomes a better place 3nodding
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU! Ok look, I hate emo music but seriously emo ppl arent all depressed and cut themselves and s**t. Its complete bullshit. Its like saying all black ppl eat fried chicken, or asians cant ******** drive... I mean seriously. You're probly gonna think I'm crazy but emo ppl are the happiest ppl Ive ever met. No ******** lie. Emo ppl have gone thru so much s**t... its not even funny. I like emo ppl cuz they don't really care about what people look like, or how they act and s**t. Theyre too bitter to care. Emo ppl just go out and have a good time and live it up while they can and then go home and deal with drunk parents, and divorces, and brothers being stoned out on the couch. I mean seriously, and I only know like one emo person that cuts (my gf... eek ) but seriously. Heres ska kids: wearing ugly a** clothes, they do this wierd a** dance that looks like they're retards trying to kick someone, all they do is stone and drink, all the music they listen to is made by stoned jamaican hippies who do nothing but write music on their porch and smoke pot...  

MCS4evr0

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 am
Second Hand Opinion
Worthless Marshmellow
This is just my personal opinion but I think EMO music is just stupid.
"I cut myself because my boyfriend doesn't E-love me".
It's just really retarded depressing songs with terrible lyrics.
Why listen to that when you have AWESOME ska music to listen to that makes you happy?
heart Just a thought... heart
Wow, prejudice much? You're using a stereotype there. Some people have real problems you know. You mean scream boohoo, btu the chemical balance in their brains causing depression is pretty much yelling at them telling them that they're worthless. What makes you think you're better than them? That you seem happier, yes, I dislike stereotypical emos. Yet you DARE put cutting in there? Do you even know what a serious issue that is? It's not always cutting either. Do some freakin' research before you start mocking people.
Also thankyou! Thats very right, the psychological aspect is devastating... I mean yeah, ur probly thinking "I deal with the same s**t everyday and I'm fine" and for some of you, your right but its how you DEAL with it! Look... I know this girl and mom left the family when she was about 4 i wanna say, her dads a TOTAL drunk, and her brother just recently moved to LA from Virginia to get away from the whole situation. I mean imagine going thru normal adolesence with THAT hanging over your head... sick bastards  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:32 am
Zom B McFlesheater
Am I the only one who realizes that none of the bands people are talking about qualify as emo?

The new popular bands being labeled as "emo" are pop-rock, at best.

Also, if you decide to do some research on the intarwebz, don't confuse post-punk with emo. Some people make that mistake and try to tell me I listen to emo music because I like Bauhaus and Echo & the Bunnymen.
:::SORRY FOR ALL THE POSTS:::,
but thats pretty damn true. You wanna listen to emo music look up Shiny Toy Guns, Death Cab for Cutie, My Chemical Romance, The Used... thats emo right dere  

MCS4evr0

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:50 am
Okay, okay... ONE LAST THING. If you're wondering why emo ppl dress so "stupidly" and have the flippy hair and stuff, its cuz they wanna say h"ey, ******** you society I'll do what I want" its to be different. And i know "all emo ppl dress the same," but isnt that true for ALL cliques? Ska ppl usually wear the same stuff, preps definately, punks all wear the same stuff... i mean seriously ur using very general ideas that can be used for any type of social group. And schools CRAWLING with em, naw, schools are crawling with PREPS. Those damn insecure assholes who think theyre so much better than everyone... emo ppl just stand out well biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:38 am
MCS4evr0
nothing_noone_blank
well come on guys don't be hating on Emo. I'm not saying everything they say is cool. I mean saying all emo is crying and whinning is so un-true and stereotyping is not cool. Emocore didn't start about with just a bunch of kids whinning. it was supposed to be a more meaningful kind of music. Not crying. People just say Emo is like that just to make fun of music they don't like. if you can say this about emo than emokids have the same right to make fun of how ska sounds and how we dance. please respect other people's opinions. that way the world becomes a better place 3nodding
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU! Ok look, I hate emo music but seriously emo ppl arent all depressed and cut themselves and s**t. Its complete bullshit. Its like saying all black ppl eat fried chicken, or asians cant ******** drive... I mean seriously. You're probly gonna think I'm crazy but emo ppl are the happiest ppl Ive ever met. No ******** lie. Emo ppl have gone thru so much s**t... its not even funny. I like emo ppl cuz they don't really care about what people look like, or how they act and s**t. Theyre too bitter to care. Emo ppl just go out and have a good time and live it up while they can and then go home and deal with drunk parents, and divorces, and brothers being stoned out on the couch. I mean seriously, and I only know like one emo person that cuts (my gf... eek ) but seriously. Heres ska kids: wearing ugly a** clothes, they do this wierd a** dance that looks like they're retards trying to kick someone, all they do is stone and drink, all the music they listen to is made by stoned jamaican hippies who do nothing but write music on their porch and smoke pot...

1) Why the

Side note. When I started this post, I only noticed the first post by you. Now I see there are more.
You are ******** retarded. None of the bands you listed are actually emo. My Chemical Romance? Stop dropping acid, and get off the internet. Thanks.

Again, commenting on new posts, emo people don't dress the way they do to say ' "hey, ******** you society I'll do what I want" '. They dress that way because, and I reiterate, that is one of the few things that makes them 'emo' enough to be one of the cool 'emo' kids. Yes, preps dress kinda the same, but I can honestly say the only common things between any clothing at any show I've been to was checkers. A pattern does not count as 'dressing the same'. Also, punk kids don't dress the same. Half the point of the punk movement was to seperate them from society and retain their originality and independence. Just because two guys both wear a studded belt doesn't mean they're dressed the same. For both punk and ska, there are no set guidelines for dress, but most emo kids wear a band T-shirt, jeans, generally tight, and some type of vans or converse. Usually with dark tones.

So, in summation, sorry for the wordy post, but it had to be done. Know what you're saying before you speak.  

Zom B McFlesheater

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:55 pm
LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Okay, okay seriously... are u trying to make me die of laughter!?! I'm comparing sterotypes... it doesn't matter what the stereotypes are about at ******** all... u act like Emo kids don't deserve to be treated as well as u do... and hell no I don't listen to MCR -pukes- BTW, emo kids dont try 2 be cool, thats not how it works. I don't know what kinda emo kids YOU know, but yeah emo kids dont try to be 'cool' at all. Hell naw. And yes, im dead ******** serious when I talked about the dress and personality, at least the emo people I hang out with beleive in freedom of expression. And saying that only emo ppl wear band shirts with tight pants and dark shoes... thats punk kids, most definately punk kids... if YOUR gonna say something get it right. Also, I ********' love Ska im just SHOWING YOU HOW IT FEELS, SEE HOW PISSED OFF YOU GOT!?! Also, yeah Ska kids also tend to wear nothin but band shirts, jeans, and checkered s**t... trust me I know plenty of em. Now idk the color of the cave ur livin in, but don't judge people you don't even ******** know alright?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:37 pm
I'm not surprised that you completely missed the point, with a barely readable response to boot. I was trying to say that MCR isn't emo music. I don't give a damn if someone else listens to them, just don't say it's emo music.

The severity of the prejudice behind most racial steretypes is far different than the stereotype of a suburban kid trying to piss off mommy and daddy by being 'different'. Even though the minimal shock value emo kids once held wore off the second week it became popular.

Of course they believe in freedom of expression. How else could they get away with being exactly like each other? They're expressing the same feelings and views, albeit if they do that by listening to hardly bearable music and acting alike. Emo kids are so self-satirical it stopped being funny long ago.

Again, you know nothing of punk and ska styles, or lack thereof. I know a few ska kids who will occasionally wear a band t-shirt, but most try to stay away from them and, again, I come back to checkers, which, since 2 Tone, has been a symbol of ska music. Of course there wil be ska kids wearing them. But, like I said before, that doesn't warrant saying they dress alike.
When punk was actually around, before either of us was even spermatozoon, the odds of one of them wearing a band shirt was slim to none, until a while into the 80's era, since it's pretty much just a wearable ad.

Your warped and blatantly inaccurate view of subcultures as a whole, and your insistence on advocating erroneous beliefs, just proves my point that most people nowadays know nothing about what they're standing up for, regardless of topic.

I don't care if some whiny twelve year old wants to pretend he's clinically depressed. Just don't try to stand up for him if I call him out on it.  

Zom B McFlesheater

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:22 am
IT DOESN'T ******** MATTER WHAT A STEREOTYPES ABOUT BUD ITS NOT LIKE IT FEELS ANY DIFFERENT... and I totally get what your saying bro, but seriously, cliques are not 100% based on music which is what your saying here. I bet I can guess your home life right here. You live in an upper-middle class society, you go to the best public school in your county. You have a 2 or 3 story house with an attic and probably a basement. Either your attic or your basement is teched out with something like a home theater system, a computer 1 or more, and probably something like a kitchenette or bar. Both your parents work, they're still together. You are somewhere between the ages of 16 and 21... Your parents probably bought you your first car, which may not have been what you wanted but HEY, ITS A CAR. And your an EXTREME republican who's mostly likely against homosexuality. If I got anything wrong I would love to know biggrin  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff