Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Hogwarts Monthly! May Issue 2015 [OPEN READ ME] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you ready for the new issue !?
  Yes!!
  I didn't know we had a paper.
  Can I please be a writer !?
View Results

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:36 am
╔╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╦╗

◘ Myths of the Muggle World ◘

As witches and wizards we sometimes fail to grasp the concepts and lifestyles of muggles, but a good way to understand our fellow human beings is to learn their mythological stories,last month we learned of a creature named chupacabra, this month our reporters found a mystical turtle in Vietnam, and found it worthy to report..this is what was reported in the muggle paper

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mythical Giant Turtle Found in Vietnam
Legendary Turtle In Vietnam May Prove to be True

A huge turtle weighing around 400 pounds was found swimming in the waters of Vietnam’s Hoan Kiem Lake. Biologists and scientists from the Cleveland Metropark Zoo identify this rare giant turtle as a Raftus Swinhoei as they followed local villagers’ report of a mythical creature living in the lake.

The rare turtle believed to be the last surviving giant turtle was spotted in Vietnam’s northern Thanh Hoa province. The creature is described as a soft-shelled turtle with a pretty distinctive head. According to the zoo’s curator, “This is one of those mythical species that people always talked about but no one ever saw.”

A Legendary Turtle In Vietnam’s Lake Hanoi
Vietnamese legend tells a story of a huge golden turtle that helped the country fight off Chinese invaders in the 16th century. Rumors about this giant mythical turtle was that this turtle who lives in the deep waters of Northern Vietnam lake bestowed a magical sword to Vietnamese town folks and victory was won over the war against Chinese.

However, in the zoologists and biologists point of view, the turtle is a great scientific discovery. “This is an incredibly important discovery because Swinhoei’s turtle is one of the most critically endangered species of turtle in the world,” said Vietnam-based coordinator of the U.S. zoo’s Asian Turtle Program, Doug Hendrie.

The Legend of the Turtle Lake
If the legendary “Excalibur” sword was given to King Arthur and thus victory and glory was given to his country, the Legend of the Turtle Lake is similar. A giant turtle is said to be the keeper of the sword and it is said that when danger threatens the country (Vietnam), the keeper of the sword will surface bearing the sword on top of its shell. After the victory, the giant golden turtle said to have re-surfaced and reclaimed the sword from the emperor.

The legendary lake in this legend is the Hoan Kiem Lake which in Vietnam means “Returned Sword” Lake. In great coincidence, in this lake the soft-shelled giant mythical creature was discovered.

The said to be mythical turtle is now being cared for in Hoan Kiem and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo now begins its effort to preserve and protect Asian turtles amid the reports of increased killings to these near to extinction species. In Asia, turtles are being killed for food or for its potency as a medicinal cure

╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 am

◘ Magic: Real or Fake ◘

Our staff have found interest in researching about what muggles find interesting our reporter Yami Enzeru, came across a "magician" that caught his eye. this is what he reported:

Hello Yami Enzeru again. This month we're going to be talking about witches and wizards being in the Muggle World. Magic is frowned upon in many religions because it's believed to be the work of the Devil, but yet many people still go to magic shows to be entertained. Most of the time there's a secret or a trick to each magic trick, and they all seem real to us because we can't see what's going on behind the scenes...but how do we tell real magic from the fake magic?

One magician in particular comes to mind and he's the most celebrated illusionist magician of the century. All you magic fans out there know just who I'm talking about. Criss Angel from the hit show, Mindfreak. This one man does it all...levitation over high landscapes, disappearing from one place and appearing in another, jumping over a cliff on a dirt bike and appearing in a cage right above being pulled by a helicopter, you name it he's done it. But one might ask which ones of his stunts are real and which one of them are fake? In one instance he walked on water at a public pool like Jesus Christ did a long time ago. Here is video footage of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQLq2VmZcA

Now here is video footage of what he really did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422M4WixG9I&feature=related

We learn from this that it was just a mere illusion. However he has done tricks that really can't be explained....like kissing a girl and making a scorpion come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcN3UsYs4vk

I seriously doubt that anyone can explain how the hell he did that, but it was pretty cool to watch. So is magic in the Muggle World real or not? Or did Criss Angel attend Hogwarts? I leave that for you to decide.

--Yami Enzeru, Hufflepuff Third Year

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:39 am

◘ Hidden Muggle Talent ◘

Hello Readers! Ace here, back from an undercover mission to the muggle side of our world, I did some snooping on their "teenagers" and uhh "borrowed" this notebook from this one interesting fellow that i found, with stories he has written himself.... I found them quite interesting and decided they would be worth sharing with everyone, and see the creativity this muggle possessed.

First Story of the Notebook

Tomb of the King
The tankard slammed down onto the wooden table as the man drained the mead inside of it. He let out a low belch and he looked forward. The tavern he had decided to spend the night in wasn’t as busy as he assumed it would be. He was glad it was not, a bigger chance that someone might recognize him and go running for the Empire’s dogs. A hooded traveling cloak was secured around his neck and he kept the hood up. He wore a chain mail shirt, fingerless leather gloves with iron gauntlets wrapped around them. A shield was rested up against the leg of the chair he sat upon and a sword hung upon the belt he had fastened around the black pants he wore. His boots kicked against the table and his rough hand stroked the beard that rested upon his face. His eyes were a very cold blue and his hair was as black as charcoal.

Other patrons of the bar kept their distance from him as he watched them all from under the hood. Even the bar keep kept his eyes away from the man. Thunder rolled outside and the man looked towards a window that was nearby and watched as the rain drops pelted the window. The bar keep did the same and muttered “About damn time…the crops needed it.” The man ignored the comment and looked at his empty tankard and thought about whether or not he should get a refill of the mead.

The door to the tavern busted open and everyone in the bar lifted their heads to see who had entered. None of his physical features could be seen for he wore a long robe with a hood that covered his head. The hooded stranger paid the gazes no attention for he seemed to scan the tavern as if in search of something. His eyes landed on the man and time seemed to have froze as he looked into the endless darkness that was the hooded strangers face. With a swift motion, the hooded stranger shut the door behind him and walked to the bar counter. He seemed to have said something and the bar keep nodded and filled two tankards of mead from the barrel behind him. The foam spilled from the top as he handed the tankards to the hooded stranger who laid a couple of gold coins on the counter and turned towards the man and walked towards him.

The man tensed up, his right hand rested on the hilt of his blade, ready to strike at any moment.

“Peace, friend.” The hooded stranger said, stopping before the table. “May I sit with you? I have brought drinks.” He asked, holding up the tankards.

“You may.” The man gruffly replied, motioning with his head to the empty chair across the table. The hooded stranger nodded in thanks and sat down. He placed one tankard in front of him and sat the other one down in front of the man.

“It seems I came inside just at the right moment.” The hooded stranger commented, sipping from the tankard in front of him.

“Aye.” The man replied, looking at his own tankard with suspicion. The hooded stranger noticed this and chuckled a bit.

“If poisoned mead is what you fear…put that to rest, for you are far too valuable for me to poison, child.” The hooded stranger said and he leaned back in his chair and watched the man.
The man raised an eye brow and studied the hooded stranger for a second before saying,
“Valuable? How am I of any value to you, stranger? I am but a simple mercenary.”

“Ah.” The hooded stranger said and raised a finger. “That is the exact reason why you are so valuable to me, my boy!”

“If you had a task for me, old man. Then why not tell me?” The man questioned and sat up.
The hooded stranger chuckled once more.
“Straight to the point, eh? I like that.”
His hand went into a pocket that the man had not noticed before hand and stayed in there for a minute before pulling out a scroll. He cleared his throat and said.

“This scroll contains a map…a map that leads to a treasure that my master has need of.” He began. “Around a thousand years ago, King Hrothgar lead his armies to the very gates of Hell themselves and waged war on the demons. This map is said to lead directly to Hrothgar’s tomb. If legend holds true, then it contains wonders beyond your wildest imagination. You can keep anything you may find in there and the payment of 500,000 gold that my master is willing to pay if you bring back the crown of Hrothgar and the Diamond of Lucifer.”

The man stared at the scroll in the hooded strangers hand and then back up at the covered face of the stranger for a minute before saying
“I’ll do it.”

The man could feel the cold smile of the hooded stranger from under the safety of his hood. He placed the scroll on the table and clapped his hands.

“Good. When you get the crown and the diamond you will return here. I will be waiting for you with your payment.” And with that said, the hooded stranger stood up.

“Oh…and before we part ways…what is your name?” The hooded stranger added.
The man picked the scroll up from the table in his right and his shield in his left, he looked at the man in what he assumed were his eyes hiding beneath the hood.
“My name is Rend.”

I will be going on more missions to find what else this fellow or other muggles have to share, as for this notebook i will share every story it possess and I shall return it and hope i find more aspiring stories from muggles our age,
Until next time,

ACE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 am

◘ Witch Weeky ◘

Today in our entertainment page we will show you hilarious images to make your day, ENJOY!

Disclaimer: (we are not responsible for your shortness of breath or urge to use the restroom, this month no offense to twilight)

Image One:

Image Two:

Image Three:

Image Four:
User Image

Video: MUST WATCH!
CLICK HERE AND ENJOY

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:41 am

◘ Be Active ◘

Hello Members,
Being Active, we find this as an important issue and we understand everyone has hectic Real lives to worry about, but if you ever have a spare second and are bored to death log onto your Gaia account and head here...... There has been a pick up in activity but for the most part, it still needs some life and personality of our dear members maybe it is too much to ask, but this guild has amazing members who surprisingly have a lot in common besides Harry Potter, there are always so much to do, and events to enjoy (like the one currently in session), and when classes are in session even more fun! This is also for new members if you ever have difficulties knowing what to do make a topic in Heard it in the Hallways you can meet great people and talk about everything! And do not be shy of speaking to member who are elves, oru from outher houses no need to fear everyone is friendly. blaugh With one more opportunity to spread the message:

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:42 am

◘ Something from our Editor ◘

Hello everyone, Amelia here happy to bring to you the January Issue! Images have become a large part of our paper and we would like to keep it that way.. to much text is not easy on the eyes but without it its not much enjoyment either.....Due to excitement for the new year the paper is a little longer then normal, so in order to give you the best paper possible we extended it into two pages...
i hope you enjoyed the paper and if you have any commently, suggestions, changes you would add, or want to become a write for the paper....visit the Editor's Office were we are open for improvement, change, and whatever else you can throw at us!

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:43 am

◘ Thanks to Our Staff! ◘

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Amelia ..................... Calliope ......................Lana ....................... Yami ................. Ace

If you would like to join our staff post in the Editor's Office

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas