Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Priestley
Ixor-san
Priestley
Ixor-san
Heheh. He's actually pretty cute, I think. I've seen pictures xd

Oh, pshaw. I'm pretty sure Ryuu's far more good-looking. 3nodding
Well, wouldn't know. never seen any pics of em.

*hands you a bowl of home-made fried rice* ^^

Arigatou. *bows slightly and shares it out*

Speaking of food, what's everyone's favourite food if one could choose to have it? If one had to prepare and cook it, would you choose anything also tasty that is easier to make?
Huh. As often as the word is used in that manner, I never knew O_o

I like steak. Medium-rare. ^^
And I've gotten much less lazy about cooking, as long as I have other people to cook for, too. And anyway, steak easy enough to make.

heehee, the reason for the fried rice is that I tried my hand at it for the first time on Sunday. I was quite proud of the results. It came out perfect. xd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 pm
zz1000zz
Priestley
Ixor-san
Priestley
zz1000zz

Hey, on the internet you can be anything.

I mean, look at the discussion about calling me a "he."

Consider it a compliment. I could have called you "it". xd

Hey, don't blame me, blame the English language for not having an acceptable gender-neutral pronoun. smile
What about 'they'?

That's third-person plural. It's grammatically incorrect to use it as a gender-neutral second-person singular. It's perfectly correct (though not politically correct these days) to refer to someone whose gender is unknown as 'he'.

"He" is a far kinder thing to call me than most people use.

I understand your reluctance to talk about the issue. I won't press for an explanation.

I speak for myself (and I hope the rest of the guild) when I say that you're welcome here despite any antagonism that you may get here from those who disagree with you or don't understand you. smile

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:41 pm
Priestley
zz1000zz
Priestley
Ixor-san
Priestley
zz1000zz

Hey, on the internet you can be anything.

I mean, look at the discussion about calling me a "he."

Consider it a compliment. I could have called you "it". xd

Hey, don't blame me, blame the English language for not having an acceptable gender-neutral pronoun. smile
What about 'they'?

That's third-person plural. It's grammatically incorrect to use it as a gender-neutral second-person singular. It's perfectly correct (though not politically correct these days) to refer to someone whose gender is unknown as 'he'.

I understand your reluctance to talk about the issue. I won't press for an explanation.

I speak for myself (and I hope the rest of the guild) when I say that you're welcome here despite any antagonism that you may get here from those who disagree with you or don't understand you. smile

Talk about the issue? Had someone actually asked?

I would imagine if anyone had I would have answered, though I suppose I could have missed it somewhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:51 pm
zz1000zz
Priestley
zz1000zz
Priestley
Ixor-san
What about 'they'?

Talk about the issue? Had someone actually asked?

I would imagine if anyone had I would have answered, though I suppose I could have missed it somewhere.

Well, your response made me want to enquire but, from past experience, my curiosity has been met with hostility. I figured sensitivity was in order.  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:56 pm
Priestley
Well, your response made me want to enquire but, from past experience, my curiosity has been met with hostility. I figured sensitivity was in order.

I do not think I have met anyone's curiosity with hostility.

I would think it is pretty obvious I would rather a direct approach than a "sensitive" one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 pm
Oh... Wow, I just found a topic I made here over two years ago. Now I am not sure what to say.

There is a certain degree of humor, but like most things involving me it is a bit crazy.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:13 pm
zz1000zz
Oh... Wow, I just found a topic I made here over two years ago. Now I am not sure what to say.

There is a certain degree of humor, but like most things involving me it is a bit crazy.

Heh, nostalgia is great.

Would you mind linking to it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:15 pm
Does it make you feel old? razz  

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:31 pm
Man, I need to stop reading books again.

It seems I have the ability to forget reality.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:35 pm
Paranormal Zombiiie
Man, I need to stop reading books again.

It seems I have the ability to forget reality.

We're not really here. wink  

Priestley

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:40 pm
yup. we are figments of your imagination. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 pm
The topic I mentioned before is this one. I am not sure if it would be best to read that one before reading the rest of this post or not. For a bit of background, a couple years ago I posted in this guild. At that time, I created a topic about transgenderism. Due to the responses and attitude I received in that topic, I decided to stop posting here. At the time my knowledge regarding the Bible and homosexuality was far less than it is now, so while I did not think the Bible condemned it, I was unequipped to demonstrate such. As such, I did not want to talk with people whose beliefs would condemn me simply for having an extra chromosome (XXY). A few months ago Fushigi na Butterfly invited me into the guild, and I accepted.

Naturally, this leads to curiosity about me. Between three and four years ago, I developed a number of medical conditions. In the process of diagnosing the problems with me, I was diagnosed with a type of hermaphroditism, caused by having an extra X chromosome. Over the next couple years, I came to terms with this nature. In the process, I spent a fair amount of time learning about what the Bible would say about such a thing. During this time is when I participated in this guild originally.

Then the crazy aspect of my life, which seems to be present in all things, struck. During a routine hospital visit to check my liver functions blood work was done. The results came back as normal (it was only testing liver functions, so chromosomal issues would not show up), as had the half dozen before it. Then, for some reason a doctor examined my bloodwork. He had me called me back to the hospital, saying he wanted to check something he found while looking at my blood work. I went back, and had more blood drawn.

I did not know why I had been called back, but I did not think much of it until I was asked to stay after (normally I left once the blood was drawn). I was told the doctor may need to talk to me about the test he was running, so I waited. About an hour later a nurse came and asked me to come with her to talk about the blood work. I was a bit concerned, but I went with her. She took me to an office (hospital director, or whatever they call the head of the hospital). When I got to the office, there were about half a dozen people there, and they all seemed quite flabbergasted.

They then explained to me (quite sheepishly), that there had been an error. It turns out I did not have any type of hermaphroditism. The two tests done to check for it were both false positives. Looking back on that conversation, it really was quite funny just because of how embarrassed they were, and just how absurd the situation was.

So it turns out on the issue of sex (the physical aspect), I have always been a male. I wound up with this avatar because it was the default avatar, and I did not care to change anything about it. On the issue of gender, I actually have remained constant as well. As a child I never understood bigotry. It is not that I was not a racist, but I simply could not understand the concept of there being a difference between white and black people. The same was true for males and females. To me, they were the same thing. I was a "boy" for purposes of which bathroom I was allowed to use, but otherwise there was no disestablishment. So as far as genders go, I have never had one.

My life pretty much defines "weird."

P.S. At the time I made that topic I was refusing to capitalize the word "i." I no longer do so because I write quite a bit in a more professional realm. However, I still do not agree with the rule requiring "i" be capitalized. As near as I can tell, the only reason it is capitalized is a long time back, when the printing press was new, there was difficulty in reading the word "i" while it was not capitalized. I do not believe this is an appropriate reason for a grammatical rule, and I do not support it.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:50 pm
I believe the Term is "Pansexual" but I am not sure.
I have heard of it, a few people I know are that way. They do not differentiate between Male and Female.

I think that is great though!
I mean, look at Adam and Eve, they didn't seem to take notice of that, they walked around Naked just fine.

Of course there is another group, the Asexuals. Meaning they are not attracted to anyone at all.

It's rather confusing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm
Humorous and odd are the two words that spring to mind when I think of how to describe that story. It's certainly far more interesting than any anecdotes I have. biggrin Thanks for sharing. smile

Much of what guildmembers posted before I joined still remains unknown to me, so I hadn't actually noticed your old thread. It's a shame I hadn't noticed it sooner because it offers up good insight into your identity which I could have found out without asking you. sweatdrop

Priestley

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm
Paranormal Zombiiie
I believe the Term is "Pansexual" but I am not sure.
I have heard of it, a few people I know are that way. They do not differentiate between Male and Female.

I think that is great though!
I mean, look at Adam and Eve, they didn't seem to take notice of that, they walked around Naked just fine.

Of course there is another group, the Asexuals. Meaning they are not attracted to anyone at all.

It's rather confusing.

That refers more to sexual attraction rather than gender identity or physical sex.  

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games