Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milo-Bveyele

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 am
Hi, my name is Milo. I'm 23 and I'm looking to loose some weight *laugh* currently I do have a set goal date and a weight i'd like to reach I just have issues with motivation when it comes to working out. I'm really hoping that joining this guild will give me the support and help with the motivation I need to reach my goals.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:56 am
Yo guys. I'm The Devils Dancefloor, 20 years old, 5'3" and 210 lbs at current.

I'm planning on dropping down to 120-130 lbs, more so because of a love for cosplay and because I want to do a special character for a person I love to bits.

My current house doesn't allow me to change my diet (the second I buy fruit, it's gone - if I ask for healthier food, I get 'it's too expensive' and my mother drowns potatoes in salt and we only ever eat potatoes), but I'll probably be moving out soon. I cycle about an hour a day at minimum, and work at high movement jobs, so that should help. :3

I'm kind of scared of losing weight, though, because the only time I've ever been at 120 lbs was when I was... I don't know, 7?

Still, I'm going to try. Kinda cause I wanna get the wow-factor from the dude. whee Would be the first time ever that I'd be able to throw my body into that sorta game. >>;  

Tragic Figure

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 am
Heyy, another cosplayer! biggrin Which character are you aiming for? xd I have a list of the few I want to do in my journal.

Also, welcome to allll the new people, I'm glad this guild is finally starting to become active again! 4laugh We can ALL do this!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:28 pm
__penguin__
Heyy, another cosplayer! biggrin Which character are you aiming for? xd I have a list of the few I want to do in my journal.

Also, welcome to allll the new people, I'm glad this guild is finally starting to become active again! 4laugh We can ALL do this!

I'm planning on doing the character in the front here. As you can see, clearly not a 200 lbs costume. xD  

Tragic Figure

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:56 am
We don't have permissions to see the picture Devil's, so welcome, and welcome everyone who's come new, good luck and <3!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 am
Eep, sorry, I hope this one works? Can't find a decent image of the character from the manga itself that fast. >_<;  

Tragic Figure

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:23 am
That's cool! I have no idea what character that is. : P  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks for the invitation, Penguin.

Hello! My name is Anbaa or Amber. I'm 23 years old and have been over weight for several years now. I am roughly 180lbs and stand a full 5'0". Not very healthy I know. But I also have a very curvy body type and have been very voluptuous, even when I was a healthy weight (ie: 120lbs). I wear a size 14-16 (between sizes on certain items). I am at my largest right now and I'm tired of it. I've been on every recent fad diet since about 2004 (or so it feels) and I've found that counting calories is best for me. Sticking with it is the issue. I'm hoping that if I stay in contact with others trying to reach the same goal, that I might stick with it too.

Over all, motivation has been my biggest issue. Honestly, I don't know why I can't stay motivated. None of my goals and no amount of insults, prodding, or bribing seem to even help. I mean, my husband has tried everything. He just wants me at a healthy weight again. But he's tried picking on me, he's bribed me with a new wardrobe when I get down to my goal weight, he's tried the reward system (lose X pounds and get Y). Nothing seems to work. And my love to eat and cook always wins.

I started exercising a couple days ago again. I figure, if I can at least start something, keep it up for about 2 weeks, then it will become a habit and i can add more to my routine. And also then start improving my diet. I've started doing core/ab/oblique toning exercises, along with leg toning exercises, and weight lifting. i know it's not going to melt away my tummy, but I have to start somewhere.

I unfortunately don't have a lot of time or room for exercise. Nor the money. I am a business owner who is trying to open up a brick and mortar store right now. My 2 bedroom apartment is CRAMMED with our product and arcade machines, leaving me little room to do cardio. We also just got our first snow up here in Milwaukee, WI, so walking/running is out of the option. I've already fallen 3 years in a row at this complex, i really want to avoid falling a fourth year and then not be able to exercise at all. Over all, my schedule is erratic at best, so even mapping a schedule out for me is nearly impossible at the moment.

So like I said, I'm here for the motivation and to help give out tips. I've been on so many diets, done so much research, I sometimes feel like an expert just from experience, even though I know I'm not. I hope I can make some good friends to help keep me motivated. Oh! I nearly forgot! my goal!! My goal is to reach 115lbs, or or a size 7 jeans.

I don't have a good full body pic, but here's me. My face is rather chubby.
User Image

And yes, that is my Sims 3 usb drive. biggrin

Anbaachan

Tonality

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:51 pm
Hello everyone : ) I'm glad to be a part of this guild~

I am 19 years old, 5'1 and 120 lbs (size 5). This is the "biggest" I have ever been. I am in no way saying I am fat but because my frame is on the smaller side I would like to hopefully go back to being 105lbs (size 1-3).

One reason I would like to lose weight is because I am at risk for diabetes type II due to my mother's side. My gynecologist and my normal physician advised it would be best to be healthier and weigh between 106 - 112lbs. Another reason is my boyfriend. He wants to lose about 40 lbs but because of college he's been rather busy. I'm hoping if I start to lose weight and get healthier he will become motivated. But mainly, losing the weight is for my own self-esteem. I grew up being the small, cute petite Hapa (slang for someone who is mixed) girl but since college hit I've packed on the Freshman Fifteen and it's quite noticeable on every part of my body and get comments like "Oh... You've put on some weight."

During this Christmas break I am going to start working out with running and doing toning exercises at home and having a healthier diet. My plan is ultimately to run and walk for about 1 hour a day, 3 - 5 times a week and do toning exercises everyday. 15 minutes the day I run, 30 minutes the days I rest. And of course, cut out a lot of sugary drinks, eat more veggies & fruits, and cut out a lot of white rice.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My goal is to be 105 lbs sometime by April 2010.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:22 pm
Greetings Anbaachan and Tonality, you've both got great goals! Good luck and welcome!  

Tandahda
Crew

Kyrellyan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:36 pm
Hey! Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself briefly. I'm Kyrellyan, but you can call me Kyre. I'm 24, 5'3"-ish, and very over-weight. sweatdrop I gained a lot of weight in college, due to a lot of factors, not the least of which was being increasingly inactive. Now that I'm out of college (and recently married) I know I have no excuse not to find the time to try to make myself healthier.

I'm hoping to find a support system here, as well as motivation not to procrastinate and come up with excuses (I constantly find myself coming up with excuses why I can't exercise). I can't afford to sign up for a gym membership, but I do have a treadmill that I intend to begin using again.

Aside from exercise, my biggest vices with weight loss seem to be stress-eating, portion control, and sweets. I know these are all things I need to get under control. I don't have a set date or anything, but my goal is to lose 100 lbs (it won't bring me to an unhealthy weight -- it will bring me down to ~195 lbs). I have an unusual frame -- I'm petite but big boned, so any less than 175 and I look "sickly" (that was my weight at my lowest, about 6 1/2 years ago, and everyone said I looked unhealthy).

(click the pictures if you'd like to see them bigger)
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:44 pm
Way to go! You can DEFINITELY lose 100 lbs, having a support system is very important, feel free to message me any time you need it and post often! : D  

Tandahda
Crew

Psst Over Here

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:41 am
New here, might as well introduce myself to you fine people.

I'm Amber, but you can call me Blackie, if you'd prefer. I'm female, 23 years old and I've been overweight since I was 8-ish years old. I blame it on living in the south and it's "home cooking" which generally consists of deep frying everything or coating it in sugar... or both.

In 2006, I suffered my first real break-up (from a 4 1/2 year relationship) and it made me look very long and hard at myself and it's almost like I suddenly realized that I was pushing 260lbs. Desperate to drop this weight for several reasons, the main one being to make my ex want me again, I threw myself into exercising almost all day and barely eating. I dropped down to 230lbs.

I came to the realization that I didn't really need or want my ex back after I lost the weight. So, I started eating regularly, but didn't exercise. I basically plateaued for years.

Towards the end of summer 2008, I decided to devote myself to veganism. Being vegetarian on and off for years, I didn't really know what to eat so, I just hardly didn't eat at all. Within the first month, I dropped down to 200lbs. I was very happy with the way I looked, but not how I got there.

February 2009, I started dating someone (who I'm still with and love very much) who begged me to start eating again and reminds me to eat every meal. Since I've been eating again, I've jumped back up to 240lbs. I don't blame her for my weight gain at all, I blame myself for not knowing how to eat properly when I do eat. Not to mention that I've swayed from veganism back into vegetarianism and I think that is a major factor too.

I've tried numerous weightloss help sites, mostly sparkpeople. As great as the tools on SP are, the community sucks since everyone is more focused on the points system than helping each other and that's what I really need, help.

Gaia has always been my home away from home, even if I break from it every once in a while to venture out into the world-wide-web for something new, I always find myself back here. I'm hoping this will be the place that will help me finally drop this weight off, for good.

Recent Picture:

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:23 am
Hey! So I'm new (clearly) xD. My name is Kayura. So I'm joining in hopes of being apart of a community that will help me stick with losing weight. I had a healthy weight until I moved out and started nursing school. Nursing school was not good to me.

So right now I'm about 5'6" and weighing around 165lbs. My final goal is to be between 135-145 pounds. So I've got a ways to go. Being healthier would be nice, esp since heart disease and diabetes are very prevalent on my mother's side of the family. And I want to look in the mirror and be happier with what I see. I'll see pictures of myself and just be surprised to see what I look like. And I would also like to be in better shape so I can have fun playing sports and doing physical activities with people.

I have a hard time sticking to an exercise routine. I'll do it for a week or two, sometimes more and then get out of the habit. I'm very sedentary. And my eating habits need worked on. I don't eat healthy, I like sweet things like cookies and chocolate. When I'm stressed or angry, I eat. When I'm bored, I eat.

And then I've got two 'timed' reasons I want to lose weight. In Jan, I'll be cosplaying as Sailor Venus at Ohayocon! I want to look really good doing it. <3 And after that, a friend of mine I know online wants to meet me in person. I know he wants to visit before June of 2010. When I meet him, I don't want him to be surprised by how big I am. I don't want him to hug me and hug a squishy marshmellow. So I've got a lot of work ahead of me. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As for a picture, I've got one on my profile. It's a year old but not much has changed since it was taken. (No, my hair isn't purple, it is a wig. I wish I could have purple hair but work would fire me. xD)

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:34 pm
Hello all. I'm Anzy. I'm eighteen and currently 164lbs last I checked. My highestr was 230 -shutter- i have flucated since then 203-206 how i got 164lbs im not sure. I will however say my goal is 130lbs (I like my boobs damn it!).

Haha I'm hoping to make many friends here and hope that I can keep to my weight-loss and will have the support I need to go on. :'D hope to meet and befriend you all.

I'm 5'4"  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games