Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess of Rhymes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:37 pm
TeaDidikai
CloudRunnerFox
They took some high quality sencha green tea leaves and mixed them with rose petals that were soaked in cherry.
That... poor sencha. cry
Quote:

I'm also I huge fan of jasmine pearl (but who isn't?)
People who don't like eating flowers?

Quote:
and kokeicha (which is a relatively inexpensive ceremonial green tea. it's strong though so watch out razz )
It translates as "formed tea", and is basically matcha that has been extruded through small holes so that it looks like pine needles.

The process tends to darken the tea and the reason it's less expensive is because it is very difficult to tell the freshness because of the color change.

I know what kokeicha is and how it's made. I just like the strong taste and the light hand it has in my wallet. As for jasmine pearl it is a popular tea as it was one of our best sellers and for most people the light jasmine aroma and after taste is pleasant. And don't knock the kyoto cherry rose tea until you try it, because as I said I find it delicious.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 pm
I can't figure out for the life of me where the rest of that sweetened masala chai and cardamom chai went.

Especially that was specifically bought for me and no one else. confused  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:24 am
TricksterChoice
I know what kokeicha is and how it's made.
That doesn't mean everyone else does.
Quote:
As for jasmine pearl it is a popular tea as it was one of our best sellers and for most people the light jasmine aroma and after taste is pleasant.
That's fine. That doesn't address the fact that people who don't like floral tastes still will dislike it.

Quote:
And don't knock the kyoto cherry rose tea until you try it, because as I said I find it delicious.
You're welcome to find it delicious. That doesn't mean I approve of taking premium tea and soaking it in oils that will go rancid and make it harder to pick up the subtle notes of the tea itself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:59 pm
As I said though, I wouldn't knock something till you tried it first. As I said, I enjoy a cup of sencha (or bancha when the mood strikes me) as much as anyone. I even mentioned that I usually dislike fruit teas, especially fruit green teas (especially hot fruit teas. they make me think of warm watered down juice). That's why I made the note to list the kyoto cherry rose because it was the exception for me, and I believe that you are still able to pick up the sencha, so it is always worth trying new things. But everyone has there favorites. I'm actually drinking some gyoukuro as I type. Green tea always makes me feel better when I have a cold as I do. What are some of your, or other people's, tea recommendations for when your sick?

Princess of Rhymes

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:35 am
TricksterChoice
My absolute favorite is a Cherry Rose Green Tea. They took some high quality sencha green tea leaves and mixed them with rose petals that were soaked in cherry.

I saw some of this at a tea shop a little while back. It smelt amazing but I decided not to buy it in favour of some delightful Russian caravan. It's at the top of the list for my next tea order.

Quote:
I'm also I huge fan of jasmine pearl

Yeah, jasmine pearl is nice, especially in the summer I find! I have some by a brand called tea pigs. The tea is a nice enough quality but they come in these pretty yet impractical satin teabags. I cut them open and use two per pot.
I offer jasmine pearl to Aphrodite. 3nodding

Next tea order, I also want to get this http://www.bensonshouseoftea.com/earl-grey-blue-lady-79-p.asp
It smells and looks amazing!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:32 pm
TricksterChoice
As I said though, I wouldn't knock something till you tried it first.
Did I say it was bad? No. I said "poor sencha". When you take premium leaves and drench them in flavor, you kill the subtle characteristics that make it premium tea. You might as well deaden poorer quality tea- you might actually improve it.

It's the same reason that you don't use perfect diamonds as cutting tools. Why use the best of the best to do the job that a lesser quality product can do just as well. It's a waste.

So- would you care to tell me why I'm only entitled to have your opinion?

Quote:
What are some of your, or other people's, tea recommendations for when your sick?
Depends on the kind of sick, but usually I go with pu'erh.  

TeaDidikai

Princess of Rhymes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:24 pm
TeaDidikai
TricksterChoice
As I said though, I wouldn't knock something till you tried it first.
Did I say it was bad? No. I said "poor sencha". When you take premium leaves and drench them in flavor, you kill the subtle characteristics that make it premium tea. You might as well deaden poorer quality tea- you might actually improve it.

It's the same reason that you don't use perfect diamonds as cutting tools. Why use the best of the best to do the job that a lesser quality product can do just as well. It's a waste.

So- would you care to tell me why I'm only entitled to have your opinion?

Quote:
What are some of your, or other people's, tea recommendations for when your sick?
Depends on the kind of sick, but usually I go with pu'erh.

I never said you were entitled to only my opinion and I apologize if I implied it. Just your choice of words projected a harsh opinion in regards to the tea, and I simply suggested you shouldn't assume that all flavored teas are the same and give it a try. I believe most (certainly not all) of the sencha's subtleties come through since the makers don't overdo it with the flavor of the cherry, because just to clarify I said the rose petals were infused with the cherry not the sencha leaves themselves. And I have never tried pu'erh while I've been sick. I have a pretty bad cold as it were. I'll definitely give it a try next time since I don't have any pu'erh on hand at the moment. Once again I apologize for undermining your right to your own opinion. It was certainly not my intention.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:33 pm
TricksterChoice
I never said you were entitled to only my opinion and I apologize if I implied it.
Your apology is excepted, but it would read as more sincere if you didn't try to justify the actions.
Quote:

Just your choice of words projected a harsh opinion in regards to the tea,
I have a harsh opinion in regards to the use of premium teas being coated in oils.

Quote:
I simply suggested you shouldn't assume that all flavored teas are the same and give it a try.
And I demonstrated I assumed such where?
Quote:

I believe most (certainly not all) of the sencha's subtleties come through since the makers don't overdo it with the flavor of the cherry, because just to clarify I said the rose petals were infused with the cherry not the sencha leaves themselves.
It's an oil. Unless someone dipped the rose petals in wax, the oils will transfer.  

TeaDidikai

Princess of Rhymes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:18 pm
My mistake in assuming your thoughts on all flavored teas were the same,
I misread your posts for in no way did you say that anywhere. Thus I doubly apologize.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:46 pm
TricksterChoice
My mistake in assuming your thoughts on all flavored teas were the same,
I misread your posts for in no way did you say that anywhere. Thus I doubly apologize.
Apology accepted.

Do you enjoy the younger or older pu'erhs? And which infusion tends to be your favorite?  

TeaDidikai

Princess of Rhymes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:42 pm
I definitely prefer older pu'erhs as I see them like a fine wine as they get better with age in my opinion. Though younger pu'erh certainly isn't bad ( I really enjoy most teas I've tried though for some reason earl grey I've never enjoyed...weird). As for infusions, I express my ignorance, since the store I worked at only carried a few varieties of pu'erh based on age, and I don't know the different infusions. What are they and what would you recommend? I had one...golden pu'erh that had been aged 5 years and that's what I usually drank. But I went tea tasting and had the fortune of 10 year aged pu'erh which was lovely. I've heard it can age 50 years and still be good so sometime I would love to try even older teas. I've had new leaf but it wasn't my favorite. Since you are an expert on tea, I would love any recommendations you have. I passed by your profile as well and you said you cooked with tea. I've only cooked with matcha. Do you have any other recipes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:18 pm
TricksterChoice
I definitely prefer older pu'erhs as I see them like a fine wine as they get better with age in my opinion.
That's usually the idea of it. Myself, I find that some of them are overpoweringly loamy. I tend to like the greener ones myself.
Quote:

As for infusions, I express my ignorance, since the store I worked at only carried a few varieties of pu'erh based on age,
Infusion isn't a matter of which Estate or Garden it comes from, but more a matter of how many times you have infused the same leaves into fresh water. I tend to like the third or fourth infusions best when it comes to Pu'erh.

My personal pu'erh collection has a bunch of common balls- mostly "Sticky Rice" and the like, but I have a beautiful six year old green stashed away. I don't drink it when I'm sick because I want to be able to taste it more.

Quote:
I passed by your profile as well and you said you cooked with tea. I've only cooked with matcha. Do you have any other recipes
Tons. Not to mention I used a ground lap Sang Su Shong as a pepper substitute sometimes.

Are you looking for savory? Sweet?  

TeaDidikai

Princess of Rhymes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:35 pm
I would say sweet, since my forte when it comes to the culinary arts is desserts. I've made the obvious matcha cupcakes and such, and I've made herb cupcakes as well (lavender and rose to be precise) but any recipes or links as such would be great. And I would be up to try any particular favorite savory recipes (though I tend to eat mostly vegetarian meals with the occasional seafood entree for note). Yea, I can't really taste anything right now so any good quality tea would be wasted on my failing senses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 pm
Tea's Grilled White Peaches in a Chiyo Glaze

Serves 6 (or two if you love them too much to share)

Ingredients:
3 White Peaches, near ripe
1t Russian Caravan
1t Yemmon Gold
One each of the following dried fruit:
Date, Fig, Apricot and Peach

Infuse the tea in a cup of water for 5 seconds then discard the infusion and set aside the leaves.

In a small sauce pot heat enough water to cover the dried fruit.
Simmer gently until the infusion is reduced to a syrup (try to keep the fruit from sticking to the bottom without it breaking up into nothing)

Remove the fruit gently and take off of the heat.
Allow to cool to 160 degrees and allow leaves to remain for one minute before removing.

Heat your grill and halve your peaches.
Toss the peaches fuzz up onto the grill and remove only when they give slightly when pressure is applied with the tongues.

Brush the glaze onto the peaches and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:22 pm
Tea - I've only ever had Russian Caravan at a local tea shop and I'm not sure of the quality (as I've never had a comparison). Can you recommend to me a brand or a place to acquire online a high quality Russian Caravan?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games