Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:54 pm
Yup. I could try to make some, too. I think Fury, unless he wants one of us to, should make the NPC's stats for the two organizations he made.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:55 pm
Perrian
Yup. I could try to make some, too. I think Fury, unless he wants one of us to, should make the NPC's stats for the two organizations he made.

That would make the most sense (it would never pass in the military rofl )  

FARGORE
Captain

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:55 pm
240?! eek
Isn't that a bit much?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:00 pm
240 is a high number, but they are going to be almost unbeatable because they are the power they hold. They have been training for years, probably, to become the head of the organization. Some probably even longer. I think 240 is a good number. ^_^ Just make regular stats then times everything by 10!  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:01 pm
l.a.v.
240?! eek
Isn't that a bit much?

I don’t think so. I mean think about it, what would expect if a bunch of newbe adventurers went into a fight with the leader of a prestigious organization. It is like a level one character in D@D going against the head of the city council. You could have 10 of them there and they would still get their butts kicked. eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:06 pm
FARGORE
l.a.v.
240?! eek
Isn't that a bit much?

I don’t think so. I mean think about it, what would expect if a bunch of newbe adventurers went into a fight with the leader of a prestigious organization. It is like a level one character in D@D going against the head of the city council. You could have 10 of them there and they would still get their butts kicked. eek

I don't know...I think 150 would be more than enough for the PCs to still get their butts handed to them; 240 seems almost god-like to me.

But, as I seem to be in the minority, I suspect my logic is somewhat flawed in this instance.

Besides, you're the boss, boss mrgreen  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:07 pm
I call the crypt!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:09 pm
I Actually have Created a few 240 point characters already. I was going to introduce a even i have but a scraped it for being "to epic." Aka I didn't want to run a long event with ten people. I'm very rp oriented and sometimes my rp stories don't fit well into the rp system. But yeah 240 sounds fine to me.

But yeah with that many points at stake every Dm's going to want to play around with the creation of one of theses characters.  

Kowsauni
Crew

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:13 pm
DM of Death
I call the crypt!!!!!

You would rolleyes rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:16 pm
Anything you want to define as "off limits" before we start this?

We don't want like...

Greg the beastmaster.
A-0
D-0
CD-0
M-0
L-5(1)
E-0
Abilities: Tamer(239)  

DM of Death

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:21 pm
rofl

Truthfully, I would just put the stipulation that the character must be balanced. For us DMs I don't think it would be a problem; we're DMs. If you're a DM and you can't create a balanced character, I would say you're unqualified for the job. Common sense and all that. For player submitted ideas, I would say again, requires DM approval.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:21 pm
True. So we probably shouldn't have characters which can cause 300-600 damage per turn. ((Currently The Illuminati NPC I'm making can do two fireballs worth of 300 points of damage each per turn or two twin blasts causing 300 damage to 4 targets per turn...I need to balance the stats a lot))  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:22 pm
lol I don't think you have to worry about us doing that, though I would like to make the beast master guild leader as nature characters are my calling next to android/doll cahracters  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:28 pm
Personally, it seems kind of silly to create specific stats for god-like NPC Org leaders, that will in all honesty serve no purpose other than to intimidate Org members into not staging a coup. As fun as it may be to create God characters, Having actual set stats is, in my opinion only, pointless.  

Master of Gladiators

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:28 pm
Here is a NPC that would never get approved, probably:

The leader of The Illuminati
Attack-0
Defense-20
Combat-12
Magic-100
Life-250 (50)
Equip: 30
Items: Apprentice Staffx2 Amulet of Spell Dispersion, Life potion x9 Frost potion x10 Elixir of Magic x2
Spells: Fireball, Energy Burst, Counter Spell, Twin Blast, Greater Mana Shield, Heal
Abilities: Skilled Caster x3 (12), Fast Casterx5 (30), Speedy Casterx3 (6)

((This guy could cast 4 spells per turn. Ya, a little too rigged to be a NPC. This is basically an unbeatable magic guy.))  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games