Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 pm
Inucoli
Masquanade
Yeah Gaia's users . . . meh. But there are good ones. I've questioned about leaving, but I don't think I will til I find something to replace Gaia, and who knows when that will come along?

In other news, I've started playing WoW. sweatdrop xd All my friends, who are also my coworkers, play it and got me sucked into it.

WoW? What's that?

World of warcraft biggrin

I didnt go to DCI, I couldent get a ride.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:53 am
Scheissenkopf
Inucoli
Masquanade
Yeah Gaia's users . . . meh. But there are good ones. I've questioned about leaving, but I don't think I will til I find something to replace Gaia, and who knows when that will come along?

In other news, I've started playing WoW. sweatdrop xd All my friends, who are also my coworkers, play it and got me sucked into it.

WoW? What's that?

Yeah it stands for War of Worldcraft.

Shiz ever given thought of adding new mods? Like I said before I resigned my captain position, I think our current mods are just too much of band nerds and just don't have the time to devote the guild. It's obvious that us mods just haven't been doing all of our duties as of late due to other issues. But that's up to you, Shiz.

Also I gave thought about the whole Orechestra forum. Perhaps it could be a Orechestra/Concert forum, since no one really uses the Marching/Concert forum for talk about concert band.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Inucoli

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:16 am
Yeah, I think that's a better idea Masq. Actually, both of them ^_^*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:01 pm
Masquanade
Scheissenkopf
Inucoli
Masquanade

WoW? What's that?

Shiz ever given thought of adding new mods? Like I said before I resigned my captain position, I think our current mods are just too much of band nerds and just don't have the time to devote the guild. It's obvious that us mods just haven't been doing all of our duties as of late due to other issues. But that's up to you, Shiz.

Also I gave thought about the whole Orechestra forum. Perhaps it could be a Orechestra/Concert forum, since no one really uses the Marching/Concert forum for talk about concert band.

So just make marching full marching, will do. As for new mods I think Ill make the application again, but do you think people will apply? It just seems that the guild is allways being posted my people who are allways new and never stay around.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:43 pm
Scheissenkopf
Masquanade
Scheissenkopf
Inucoli
Masquanade

WoW? What's that?

So just make marching full marching, will do. As for new mods I think Ill make the application again, but do you think people will apply? It just seems that the guild is allways being posted my people who are allways new and never stay around.

Oh they'll apply. Of course every time I went for new mods I already had an idea for the regulars. Sadly I don't sit around in the threads any more so I won't really know. I think you might have to go with some people you don't know. But I believe people will apply.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:48 pm
Well, the way it seems to be in the woodwind/brass forum at least is that there ARE lots of people who just come and don't stick around, but there seem to be a few people of each instrument that do. I mean, we might as well try, and if it doesn't work we can take it down right?

On a side note... Masq, your avi scared the crap out of me just now ^_^* I love it, it's awesome!!!

Inucoli

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:29 am
Masquanade
Scheissenkopf
Masquanade
Scheissenkopf
Inucoli
Masquanade

WoW? What's that?

Oh they'll apply. Of course every time I went for new mods I already had an idea for the regulars. Sadly I don't sit around in the threads any more so I won't really know. I think you might have to go with some people you don't know. But I believe people will apply.

What should I put on the application, I never read the old one >< I do have some people in mind currently too ninja how many new mods do you think we need? I was thinking maybe 3?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:52 am
Yeah I like my avi too. I call him Mr. Stabity Stab.

Shiz- I never really decide til I see the appliactions. I mean it really all depends. Several factors to consider- our current mods, plus what the applications say,- you'll figure it out.

My applications looked something like this:

Username:
How long have you been on Gaia:
How many hours are you on Gaia a day:
How often do you come to this guild:
How many posts do you have on Gaia:
How many posts in the Guild:
What instrument(s) do you play:
How long have you been in band:
Have you ever moderated a guild a before:
Do you know some of the duties of a mod:
Why do you think you're qualified to become a mod:
Do you have any fun or new ideas for the guild:

You get the jist of it. Also I would put in the thread that people should search themselves up on the memberlist, specially if they have no clue how many posts they have or how long they've been on Gaia. (Or they can just look at their own profile.) That's the one thing people like to fudge a lot. "Oh I've been on Gaia for a long time now . . . maybe like two or three years." You look it up and it's not as they truely say it as. I had something else to say . . . what was it? Oh yeah you might also want to note that we're not looking for uber band nerds, but more or less uber Gaia nerds. People who aren't super dedicated to band and have the time to give attention to the guild.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:06 am
Masquanade
Yeah I like my avi too. I call him Mr. Stabity Stab.

Shiz- I never really decide til I see the appliactions. I mean it really all depends. Several factors to consider- our current mods, plus what the applications say,- you'll figure it out.

My applications looked something like this:

Username:
How long have you been on Gaia:
How many hours are you on Gaia a day:
How often do you come to this guild:
How many posts do you have on Gaia:
How many posts in the Guild:
What instrument(s) do you play:
How long have you been in band:
Have you ever moderated a guild a before:
Do you know some of the duties of a mod:
Why do you think you're qualified to become a mod:
Do you have any fun or new ideas for the guild:

You get the jist of it. Also I would put in the thread that people should search themselves up on the memberlist, specially if they have no clue how many posts they have or how long they've been on Gaia. (Or they can just look at their own profile.) That's the one thing people like to fudge a lot. "Oh I've been on Gaia for a long time now . . . maybe like two or three years." You look it up and it's not as they truely say it as. I had something else to say . . . what was it? Oh yeah you might also want to note that we're not looking for uber band nerds, but more or less uber Gaia nerds. People who aren't super dedicated to band and have the time to give attention to the guild.

thanks masq! aww that is so close to the name of my imaginary friend, Mr Stabity McStab stab the second and a half. But he is dead to me, I had to upgrade to the 21st century, so now I have Mr. Stabity McStabstab 3point0  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:55 pm
Masquanade

WOHOO

Please tell me you rolled Horde on Azgalor...PLEASE!

Cause that's what I am!  

Saint-Saens

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:47 pm
Saint-Saens
Masquanade

WOHOO

Please tell me you rolled Horde on Azgalor...PLEASE!

Cause that's what I am!

. . . no

I play Horde on Drak'thul  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:42 pm
Okie I have 2 people who have applied that look very nice and I will be appointing them and I have mailed MHhornfreak about a position. If later more people apply and one supperb one pops up I might appoint 4, I do not yet know.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Inucoli

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:12 pm
Hornfreak will be an awesome mod if he accepts! I can tell biggrin

Sorry I haven't been on doing stuff the last couple days. Marching band started and I had an audition and all that good stuff...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:51 am
Inucoli
Hornfreak will be an awesome mod if he accepts! I can tell biggrin

Sorry I haven't been on doing stuff the last couple days. Marching band started and I had an audition and all that good stuff...

Yeah, OUR FIRST GAME IS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! -die- we currently SUCK! why are they doing this to us! but our first comp. is the last day of september which rocks.
Annnnndd! the new mods are!
__penguin__
[Aelfwyn]
and
MHHornfreak

yay fresh meat, err I mean... yay!  

Tubariffic
Captain

MHHornfreak
Vice Captain

Fashionable Conversationalist

14,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:21 am
Glad to be aboard, i hope i can be helpful.  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games