Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Why do all the Chaos Magicians out there feel like they can rape the ******** out of closed cultures?

I learned my mistake and have learned from it when I was being a fluffy bunny (yes I was >_____>).

But every other one out there is bat s**t crazy and unethical about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm
True Colours of Destiny
Why do all the Chaos Magicians out there feel like they can rape the ******** out of closed cultures?

I learned my mistake and have learned from it when I was being a fluffy bunny (yes I was >_____>).

Because in people's minds Chaos Magic (like Fluffy Wicca) means "do what you want, you don't really have to look at what you're taking".

Or, you know, "Do what you want, you're a mage now, no one can stop you."  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:38 pm
too2sweet
Brass Bell Doll
Isn't it interesting that they put honoring their deities at the bottom of the list?

I wonder why that is.

I think that in many ways, it is through doing the first 12, that one honors one's deities (if the list is something that one follows).

I feel that is a good point, but it can lend itself to hubris very quickly.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:33 am
Brass Bell Doll
too2sweet
Brass Bell Doll
Isn't it interesting that they put honoring their deities at the bottom of the list?

I wonder why that is.

I think that in many ways, it is through doing the first 12, that one honors one's deities (if the list is something that one follows).

I feel that is a good point, but it can lend itself to hubris very quickly.

If it leads there, then it'd be a case where one wasn't actually following them properly. (4-7 would seem to aim at keeping that in check)  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 am
too2sweet
If it leads there, then it'd be a case where one wasn't actually following them properly. (4-7 would seem to aim at keeping that in check)
I feel that 4-7 would just as easily be used to justify the hubris, as The Bard once said "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose".  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:36 pm
Brass Bell Doll
too2sweet
I feel that 4-7 would just as easily be used to justify the hubris, as The Bard once said "The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose".

I feel like if you cannot perform tasks 1-9, you cannot adequately honor the gods. While not as self-centric as, say, some strains of Satanism, various forms of religious witchcraft tend to put heavy emphasis on developing the individual. That is why, I think, putting steps 1-9 before honoring the gods makes sense--if you cannot master those basic steps in day-to-day life, why would the gods want any business with you when you call upon them to perform something greater? Perhaps they are not ranked by importance, but by steps.  

aoijea23487

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 pm
True Colours of Destiny

Please don't group irresponsible or naive pagans with those who have psychological and/or mental conditions, it's rather ablist.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:09 pm
Illiezeulette
I feel like if you cannot perform tasks 1-9, you cannot adequately honor the gods. While not as self-centric as, say, some strains of Satanism, various forms of religious witchcraft tend to put heavy emphasis on developing the individual. That is why, I think, putting steps 1-9 before honoring the gods makes sense--if you cannot master those basic steps in day-to-day life, why would the gods want any business with you when you call upon them to perform something greater? Perhaps they are not ranked by importance, but by steps.

I often feel that while I can understand this in terms of steps that allow one to practice magic, to suggest it is necessary to honor the God and Goddess would place our personal value judgments over the desire of the gods themselves and the way they create relationships with us.

I feel that even a toddler who cannot follow the first several laws are still able to honor gods, if in a different way than we do. I feel this is true for all kinds of people, children, adults, any of whom could struggle or fail at following several of these steps, many of whom would be able to honor the gods and practice witchcraft.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:55 pm
Brass Bell Doll
Illiezeulette

I often feel that while I can understand this in terms of steps that allow one to practice magic, to suggest it is necessary to honor the God and Goddess would place our personal value judgments over the desire of the gods themselves and the way they create relationships with us.

I feel that even a toddler who cannot follow the first several laws are still able to honor gods, if in a different way than we do. I feel this is true for all kinds of people, children, adults, any of whom could struggle or fail at following several of these steps, many of whom would be able to honor the gods and practice witchcraft.

Mmm. I see your point/s. I appreciate your input.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:34 am
True Colours of Destiny

I dunno. As someone on the chaos path, it seems a little silly to me to start fussing with godforms that might just give you a kick in the pants for your trouble because they were programmed to be particularly picky. razz  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 am
Yanueh
True Colours of Destiny

I dunno. As someone on the chaos path, it seems a little silly to me to start fussing with godforms that might just give you a kick in the pants for your trouble because they were programmed to be particularly picky. razz
I especially like the ones who think they are buddy buddy with said Gods because they are doing said things.

I have a tentative relationship with one of the Gods that people usually described as "Chaotic." His usual response is still to slam me in the head to get some attention in a sort of "Hey, wake up, pay attention to me!" type of way. I can't imagine what misinterpreting him would do.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 am
"Since I'm a Pisces do you think it would be a good idea to pull water from my body to strengthen my shield?"

He really needs to stop calling me and waking me up about things like this....  

Umbral Epoch

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:19 am
Umbral Epoch
"Since I'm a Pisces do you think it would be a good idea to pull water from my body to strengthen my shield?"

I'm not sure whether I want to laugh really hard...or cry.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:01 am
Arcanist Angus
Umbral Epoch

I just told him it was a bad idea and went back to sleep. I'd stop babysitting him and let something bad happen if he didn't keep pulling me into his little "spells" without my permission. For some reason I'm a super special strong witch or something.  

Umbral Epoch

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:36 am
Umbral Epoch
Arcanist Angus
Umbral Epoch

I just told him it was a bad idea and went back to sleep. I'd stop babysitting him and let something bad happen if he didn't keep pulling me into his little "spells" without my permission. For some reason I'm a super special strong witch or something.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games