Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 pm
TeaDidikai
There's a cold reading going on about six feet away and I want to punch her.[/quote

Cold reading?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:30 pm
ShadowCatSoul
Cold reading?
People fake divination by reading visual social ques rather than what the divination method is saying.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:33 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
Cold reading?
People fake divination by reading visual social ques rather than what the divination method is saying.

Oh, I see. That's just stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 pm
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
Cold reading?

It's an easy way to make a buck though.  

TeaDidikai

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:37 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
Cold reading?

No different than lying or stealing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:38 pm
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
Cold reading?

No different than lying or stealing.
Consider it to be both personally. You're not giving what you say you are.  

TeaDidikai

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:42 pm
TeaDidikai
There's a cold reading going on about six feet away and I want to punch her.

How can you tell?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 pm
Ugh depression spell is making me feel so inadequate in almost everything. I think this means I need to change up my routine.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 pm
rmcdra
Ugh depression spell is making me feel so inadequate in almost everything. I think this means I need to change up my routine.

*hugs, if you want them*

I find going for walks helps me clear my mind. I have no idea whether that will help with depression, though, since I don't have it. But it might be pleasant, just the same.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:52 pm
rmcdra

Music, or writing in a journal, generally makes me feel better when I'm depressed. And I find that a nice cup of hot tea and a hot bath cures all ills.  

ShadowCatSoul

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 pm
Namikikyo
How can you tell?
She wasn't very good at it. You could tell that her reactions to her mark were placed carefully in response to what her mark said.

The major tip for me was that she messed up the Astrology speech. I'm sorry, but early June birthdays under any Hellenic system are not Capricorns. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:02 pm
After quite a bit of research on the Egyptian calendars, I have come to the conclusion that they're completely ********. stressed  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:10 pm
Bastemhet
After quite a bit of research on the Egyptian calendars, I have come to the conclusion that they're completely ********. stressed
Ah- the joy of independent City-cults.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:14 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet

city-cults?

as in each city has it's own beliefs? or am i way off?  

whiporwill-o

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet

Actually the error stems from the fact that the first lunar year calendar was based off of a 365 day year instead of 365 1/4...then the civil calendar was introduced for secular and administrative stuff, but was soon out of whack as well as the lunar calendar. Then they later introduced a NEW lunar calendar to sync up with the civil calendar and let the original lunar calendar continue on. And ultimately the civil and 2nd lunar calendars were ********, AGAIN, for the same damn reason. gonk

I seriously have no idea what to do. I could do a schematic civil/lunar calendar as they're supposed to be a duality anyway. It just wouldn't be historically accurate. It would, however, be more correct, even if the Egyptians had their reasons for not doing what I'm thinking of doing.

Now I just need to figure out wtf the civil new year starting was based on since apparently it was not because of the heliacal rise of Sothis. stressed  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games