Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 am
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
So my brother tells me (he's one of my family members who's totally into conspiracy theories as truth) told me that according to all the signs he's seeing, we can expect some sort of total collapse of social structure where crime and bedlam will break loose, infrastructure like electrical and water will break down, etc. all because the dollar is going to collapse.

Dunno how to really feel about all that.
While money is a powerful motivator, I don't think that the colapse of the dollar will cause all this. You might want to ask him what those "signs" are and examine those "signs" objectively to see how solid his hypothesis is.

This sounds similar to what would happen with the Y2K scare.
I don't buy it, our family was hugely into the Y2K scare. We even had an illegal well installed on our property because we were concerned with being able to have our own water.

I could, but I tend to avoid such discussions with my brothers. I'm not all that good with words and tend to get upset. I also don't think they'd listen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:28 am
ShadowCatSoul
Byaggha
Thanks guys. Just got off the phone with them recently - Eris, the girl in question, is doing fine. They say she hasn't bled since last night's admit, and she took breakfast this morning. The doc checked her stitches after cleaning her up properly, and everything looks good. He gave her some antibiotics, just in case, and wants to keep her one more night for safety's sake.

I really do love this vet. He's cautious and extremely kind - I woke him and his wife up last night to admit her, but he never once seemed agitated. Just concerned for my girl.

Glad everything seems to be turning out fine =^_^=

In other news, something that really ticks me off is people attacking others unjustly. If you have a problem with something someone has done or said, the mature way to deal with things is to talk to them about what you believe they did wrong and how they could improve themselves. I don't respond kindly to attackers, I'm aggressive and I respond to aggression in kind.
You know what ticks me off? People who are so insecure about the possibility of being wrong that anybody who dissents with them is immediately labled "an attacker." Yeah, people like that really need to remove their sense of self from "being right" and accept the chance of making mistakes. People who are too scared or immature to listen to others and not get defensive when debated, those kiddies REALLY get under my skin. heart  

Gho the Girl

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:31 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
So my brother tells me (he's one of my family members who's totally into conspiracy theories as truth) told me that according to all the signs he's seeing, we can expect some sort of total collapse of social structure where crime and bedlam will break loose, infrastructure like electrical and water will break down, etc. all because the dollar is going to collapse.

While money is a powerful motivator, I don't think that the colapse of the dollar will cause all this. You might want to ask him what those "signs" are and examine those "signs" objectively to see how solid his hypothesis is.

I don't buy it, our family was hugely into the Y2K scare. We even had an illegal well installed on our property because we were concerned with being able to have our own water.

I could, but I tend to avoid such discussions with my brothers. I'm not all that good with words and tend to get upset. I also don't think they'd listen.

I believe that this is only the beginning of the fall of humanity. And it's only going to get worse from here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl

No problem. I didn't know if you did buy into it or not. I just hoping this Niberu stuff will die out when 2012 comes.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:06 am
ShadowCatSoul
He's just scared it might happen again, and I'm not sure how to assure him that it never will...

The future is not ours to promise. We can only deal in possibilities and probabilities, absolutes are hard when the day is not yet done.
Ultimately, all we have is faith.

As far as the economic perils, we aren't quite to the Great Depression levels yet, but when the unemployment hits 20% in my area, I shall announce to the poor and disenfranchised that altho unemployment increases, and the average wage goes down, that inflation continues, meaning there is more actual money in the system. Which means those who have money have more. That their greed is what has left everyone else poor and starving.
If something doesn't give, I shall happily stoke the flames of desperation into the fires of chaos to burn away the corruption that has festered in our system for too long.
I hope it does not come to that tho. Actually, that's only partially true. In my mind I would rather see this resolved, our foul and corrupt, but fairly peaceful system, intact. Those who desire only to exist to be allowed to continue safe if slaves. In my heart... in my soul, I long to watch the whole wretched thing burn and to force people to be free, whether they desire it or not. Let all those who would rather have security than liberty go begging to be serfs elsewhere.
My heart wars with my mind, and is a mircocosm of my homeland.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:04 am
*headdesk* I don't care what your books and Crystal Oracle tell you, you're not Wiccan.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:14 am
Car accidents? They suck.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:04 am
Bastemhet
*headdesk* I don't care what your books and Crystal Oracle tell you, you're not Wiccan.

But...but when I meditated with my quartz d-20, it told me that the goddess of Wicca demanded my loyalty and Cheetos.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:58 am
AniMajor
Bastemhet

But...but when I meditated with my quartz d-20, it told me that the goddess of Wicca demanded my loyalty and Cheetos.
Hah, then it's all a Mr. Dark. Everyone who has done the reading knows she likes Doritos better.

Either way though, she wants your Mountain Dew.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm
******** this city and its shitty snow removal system. Sideways. With a spoon. stare  

Calixti

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:57 pm
Kitty update: Eris was set free this evening. We picked her up, and she definitely seems more herself. They said we need to watch her stitches, which I was doing anyway, and monitor the bruising. If she starts bruising more, we're to call again.

And the big bonus?

No charge.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:06 pm
Byaggha
Kitty update: Eris was set free this evening. We picked her up, and she definitely seems more herself. They said we need to watch her stitches, which I was doing anyway, and monitor the bruising. If she starts bruising more, we're to call again.

And the big bonus?

No charge.
Good! heart  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:13 pm
Byaggha
AniMajor
Bastemhet

Hah, then it's all a Mr. Dark. Everyone who has done the reading knows she likes Doritos better.

Either way though, she wants your Mountain Dew.

Thanks for the laugh, guys. It's getting harder and harder to stay motivated when the onslaught of fluff is everywhere.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:14 pm
Byaggha

And the big bonus?

No charge.

Yayyyyy! I'm glad the kitty is OK. For just one second I imagined if my baby dogs were in the same predicament and I plummeted into despair. sweatdrop  

Bastemhet

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Car accidents? They suck.

Did you get into one? You OK? eek  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games