Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:41 pm
Dark Souls II has given me more of that sadomasochistic joy that I got from the first one. Sitting on NG+ of my second character. The gameplay feels a little closer to Demons' Souls, and is a lot closer to DeS in difficulty than DaS 1 was. I've been having fun obliterating people in PvP for daring to try and cast spells at me. Strange how quickly we can develop hate reactions to things.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:40 pm
I haven't played any because I'm a filthy casual / easy-going easy mode player, but how many time have you died? I checked in on my brother occasionally and he was rather dismissive about dying only a few dozen times throughout the course of the game. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:20 am
Digitally remastered versions of Homeworld and Homeworld 2?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:51 am
I voted, dunno why, but I did my part, now do yours. wink  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:48 am
Well, I guess that's going to cost me money now. I wonder if they'll keep the Yes credit song. If it doesn't it's just not the same. emo  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:48 am
BrookM
Well, I guess that's going to cost me money now. I wonder if they'll keep the Yes credit song. If it doesn't it's just not the same. emo
Indeed, one of my favorites.

One thing that I think is going to make this really good is that they're not only redoing the textures, they're redoing the polygons too. Homeworld 2 came out in 2003, and looked pretty stellar; redone to today's standards is going to be downright amazing. emotion_drool  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:50 am
DarkElf27
BrookM

One thing that I think is going to make this really good is that they're not only redoing the textures, they're redoing the polygons too. Homeworld 2 came out in 2003, and looked pretty stellar; redone to today's standards is going to be downright amazing. emotion_drool
Looks like I'm going to need a system upgrade one of these days.

On the bright side, working multiplayer?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:59 am
BrookM
DarkElf27
BrookM

One can hope! I still need to find the CD Key for Homeworld 2... sweatdrop

They didn't mention Cataclysm, you think it'll be left out?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:03 am
DarkElf27
BrookM
DarkElf27
BrookM

One can hope! I still need to find the CD Key for Homeworld 2... sweatdrop

They didn't mention Cataclysm, you think it'll be left out?
From what I remember Cataclysm was a stand-alone game in between the first and second game done by... Barking Dog Studios(?), now part of Rockstar Studios, so chances of that one being thrown in, slim to nil. I don't remember it being any good either.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:21 am
BrookM
From what I remember Cataclysm was a stand-alone game in between the first and second game done by... Barking Dog Studios(?), now part of Rockstar Studios, so chances of that one being thrown in, slim to nil. I don't remember it being any good either.
Perhaps not, but it had some nifty features.

So, here's my wishlist for the remastered version:

-Resource auto-collect at the end of mission objectives (saves the hours of finding something else to do...)
-Turanic Raiders and Kadeshi as playable fleets in the skirmish/multiplayer
-Game speed slider (already available in Cataclysm, up to 8X)
-Pilot view (also available in Cataclysm)  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:24 am
DarkElf27
BrookM

-Resource auto-collect at the end of mission objectives (saves the hours of finding something else to do...)
I think the second game had an automatic resource collection once the mission was over, which is neat, but alas, no prep time for the next mission, as with the first one.

Game speed aside, I'm not sure what I'd want, I was pretty happy with the game as is.

I wonder if I still have the manual.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 am
BrookM
DarkElf27
BrookM

I think the second game had an automatic resource collection once the mission was over, which is neat, but alas, no prep time for the next mission, as with the first one.

Game speed aside, I'm not sure what I'd want, I was pretty happy with the game as is.

I wonder if I still have the manual.
I have it around somewhere, great stuff in that. whee HW2 did have auto-collect, but like you say, no mission prep time. Made the game a bit more seat-of-your-pants because you had to think on the fly instead of preparing for everything.

The speed wheel went up and down, I think from half-speed to 8X speed. It was a nice middle-of-the-road solution to the resource harvesting time issue, IMHO.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:50 pm
I AM A GOAT.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:57 pm
I've been chipping away at Payday 2, trying to earn 200.000.000 just so I can burn it all and unlock a pair of sunglasses. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:22 am
Vikki Stardust
I AM A GOAT.
I am the deamon goat king!  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games