Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:33 pm
Fiddlers Green

However, my point stands... who am I?
I am not a man who has won great battles, only small ones, of which I am exceedingly proud. I am (sometimes self-)righteous, pompous and often heavey-handed.

But those small battles have had great impact. Often small battles lead to won wars, especially when fought for justice and those you care for.

But you are also fair, deeply caring and protective.

Quote:
For all the advantages I was given, I have squandered the most of them.

You also aided many who did not have such advantages.

Quote:
I have enacted some change on a small and personal level, which is very precious to me and significant... yet it is selfish. I get to bask in the good I have done, in the localized progress... yet I have not had the impact on a wider scale I am capable. This is my arrogance. I do believe... no... Know I can change the world for the better, on a far larger scale, yet I haven't. I have rested on my laurels, licked my wounds, and become bitter and cynical.

The world is not such that a single huge battle can fix it. Instead, small battles, fought up a long hill are what will change the world.

Quote:
I have no more lived up to my potential than the people who irritate me most. Mayhaps I project my own feelings of failure upon them. If so, it is more my own sin.

Your feelings of failure are, in my view, inaccurate. Although your feeling of having projected them onto others is likely true.

Quote:
I was, by some standards, high-born, yet I skulk thousands of miles away from my family, rather than changing them for the better, taking the fight to them. I hide behind familial duty, rather than living it.

Family can be a terrifying harmful thing. Sometimes are hardest battles are family. It takes time to face those demons.

Quote:
I live in fear that the evils of my past will prevent me from accomplishing my goals. Not only might they be used to taint my intentions by association in the public eye, and ad hominem, while a fallacy, works on the masses.

A valid fear to have.

In any case, you are, like many, a person with many aspects. Some good, some bad. You are aware of your flaws and difficulties and seek to live a just life. That's more than most of the world can claim.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm
Recursive Paradox
maenad nuri
Recursive Paradox
maenad nuri

On the other hand, I don't like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I like that blog, and until I see a pattern develop, in what is usually a safe space, I'll cut some slack.

There is a pattern. I was just too naive to see it. It goes beyond transphobia though. A lot of hate for sex workers too.

Yeah? I haven't seen it (but I skim, and well, ADHD, so I miss a bit) but is it more in the comments or in the actual posts? If it's the comments, then I really haven't read it.

Comments mostly.

But the thing that really clinched it for me, that made it so I was no longer giving chances, was how she and her staff handled the mistake.

The fact that the post eulogizing Mary Daly was up at all was a problem. She did not grasp this, despite it being said multiple times. Her edit to the post did not address this and in fact addressed a strawperson of the issue raised in the first place and not even all that well.

And then, when dissent continued in the comments around her actions and the apologism going on in the comments, PaulSpudd locked the comment thread, killing all dissent regarding the post being up, on the basis of tone.

Tone argument being a major derail.

So yeah, I'm not inclined to forgive them now. The mistake was one thing. The horrid handling of it was another.

I liked that blog, too. sad *takes it off rss feed*  

Bastemhet

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 pm
Not exactly a RAWRFASE, but more a combination of worry and 'oh good, this will cost us monies', but one of the two cats who went in to get spayed a few days ago just had to be emergency admitted back into the vets. She started bleeding from her incision - a lot.

The vet attempted calm awesome in the face of it, and gave me a very good reason why she might be bleeding, but he didn't recognize some of her bruising near the incision and asked the tech with him to give her a shot of vitamin K - something that helps clotting.

So one of my girls is back in the vets tonight, and I'm (rightfully) worried - if there wasn't a reason, they wouldn't have kept her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm
Byaggha
Not exactly a RAWRFASE, but more a combination of worry and 'oh good, this will cost us monies', but one of the two cats who went in to get spayed a few days ago just had to be emergency admitted back into the vets. She started bleeding from her incision - a lot.

The vet attempted calm awesome in the face of it, and gave me a very good reason why she might be bleeding, but he didn't recognize some of her bruising near the incision and asked the tech with him to give her a shot of vitamin K - something that helps clotting.

So one of my girls is back in the vets tonight, and I'm (rightfully) worried - if there wasn't a reason, they wouldn't have kept her.

I'm so sorry about that, I hope your girl is returned to you safely. I'd be frantic if one of my babies was bleeding like that.  

ShadowCatSoul

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 am
Byaggha

You cought it quickly, and got her there quickly. At this point you have done all you can. It sounds like you have a good vet. And sometimes they will keep bleeders overnight "just in case". Hopefully she will make a full recovery, and if it was due to a mistake they made during surgery, not cost you too much extra.

My thoughts are with the two of you. I wish her a speedy recovery.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:19 am
Thanks guys. Just got off the phone with them recently - Eris, the girl in question, is doing fine. They say she hasn't bled since last night's admit, and she took breakfast this morning. The doc checked her stitches after cleaning her up properly, and everything looks good. He gave her some antibiotics, just in case, and wants to keep her one more night for safety's sake.

I really do love this vet. He's cautious and extremely kind - I woke him and his wife up last night to admit her, but he never once seemed agitated. Just concerned for my girl.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 am
TeaDidikai
Namikikyo
but could you please stop pulverising me with new things for just a few days?
No. twisted

Damn. gonk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:19 am
Byaggha
Thanks guys. Just got off the phone with them recently - Eris, the girl in question, is doing fine. They say she hasn't bled since last night's admit, and she took breakfast this morning. The doc checked her stitches after cleaning her up properly, and everything looks good. He gave her some antibiotics, just in case, and wants to keep her one more night for safety's sake.

I really do love this vet. He's cautious and extremely kind - I woke him and his wife up last night to admit her, but he never once seemed agitated. Just concerned for my girl.

Good to hear. It sounds like you have yourself an excellent vet. Those can be hard to come by.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:24 pm
Namikikyo
Damn. gonk
It's a function of just ripping the band aid off.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:07 pm
I was all set up to rant. The college gave us an extension on the paper I've been busting my a** on all week to finish, about three hours after I finished it. So I was all set to have a good old flamey rant. But then I decided to think about it this way. Instead of finishing it a day before it's due, it's now finished several days before it's due. It's almost working.... almost.... ninja  

niamhybeag

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:28 pm
I didn't think it was possible for Shakesville to fail more than it did before, but good hell did it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 pm
Why do people feel the need to open their mouth about things they are completely ******** ignorant about? It really wastes my time to read through your s**t because you fancy yourself "knowledgeable." Please keep your musings to your ******** diary.  

Bastemhet

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 pm
So my brother tells me (he's one of my family members who's totally into conspiracy theories as truth) told me that according to all the signs he's seeing, we can expect some sort of total collapse of social structure where crime and bedlam will break loose, infrastructure like electrical and water will break down, etc. all because the dollar is going to collapse.

Dunno how to really feel about all that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:45 pm
Gho the Girl
So my brother tells me (he's one of my family members who's totally into conspiracy theories as truth) told me that according to all the signs he's seeing, we can expect some sort of total collapse of social structure where crime and bedlam will break loose, infrastructure like electrical and water will break down, etc. all because the dollar is going to collapse.

Dunno how to really feel about all that.
While money is a powerful motivator, I don't think that the colapse of the dollar will cause all this. You might want to ask him what those "signs" are and examine those "signs" objectively to see how solid his hypothesis is.

This sounds similar to what would happen with the Y2K scare.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Byaggha

Glad everything seems to be turning out fine =^_^=

In other news, something that really ticks me off is people attacking others unjustly. If you have a problem with something someone has done or said, the mature way to deal with things is to talk to them about what you believe they did wrong and how they could improve themselves. I don't respond kindly to attackers, I'm aggressive and I respond to aggression in kind.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games