Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plushie~Musician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:42 am
Our tuba used to play the Imperal march when we were losign bad. man the stares we got at that last game. if we had onme we would have finally gone tro playoffs. Also if you are behinde the goal posts (cant remebeer name ) try and catch footballs it the tubas. And if fog or mist builds up on said tuba write stupid stuff on it  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:15 pm
- Have everybody go to the bathroom at once so he/she is left with nobody to conduct

- Randomly take out a bag of chips and crunch one every time you have a rest (Yes, yet another rest idea)

- Kiss the person next to you when s/he is looking near (not at) you and wait for the look on his/her face!

- Take your headjoint/mouthpeice out and switch instrument bodies down the row. Remember to mix them up good. Then, when you are supposed to be playing, look for yours.

HaoNalle3

Down_Like_Music

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:32 am
You get someone to turn off all the lights and then everyone starts screaming.

When you walk into the class, grab the remote for the speakers/CD/Cassette player that your teacher has and at any random moment while she/he is speaking, turn them on.

Rest your feet on the stands.

Have your headphones on and play to those notes, not to the notes of your music during your solo.

Argue about your parts/notes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:34 am
Down_Like_Music
You get someone to turn off all the lights and then everyone starts screaming.

When you walk into the class, grab the remote for the speakers/CD/Cassette player that your teacher has and at any random moment while she/he is speaking, turn them on.

Rest your feet on the stands.

Have your headphones on and play to those notes, not to the notes of your music during your solo.

Argue about your parts/notes.

Or become a drummer and keep messing up.  

Down_Like_Music

egypttrulerofme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:24 pm
I think this one is only Oboe specific, but my senior Oboist did this once and nearly killed the band. During any form of silence, rest, BD leaves room, special section attention, etc. have the Oboe play high G, it really hurts. I tried it once and wow, the bassoons wanted to kill me, but it is fun! Though I have since forgotten the fingering for the highest G its on the net somewhere. *searches* xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:14 am
Sit in the worst posture possible, especially if you're a flute. blaugh Cause then the band director sees you and gets SO mad!
And the percussion is NEVER ready.

Losimura

okanahsas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:19 am
when spelling words on the field, misspell them and make them dirty....

example: "ET PHONE HOME" ---> "ET PHONE HOMO"

he totally blew up.....

but i cant annoy him.....my friend and i were skipping around him, laughing really loud, and we jumped in front of him and asked "OMG ARE WE TOURISTS YET?????? HUH???? ARE WE??????" and hes like

"yes you are. very good."

and we were like " neutral wtf?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:02 am
Invite your band director to a good game of ERS as he's rushing around trying to get things done, and you are sitting on the floor with cards screaming and slapping people.

ERS= Egyptian Rat Screw: My band's ultimate favorite thing to do while waiting to get ready for games/concerts/time between morning practice and school to start: Card game xD

Scridget

Down_Like_Music

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:44 pm
Once, we had talked way tpp much while our BD was tried toc onduct so he gave up, threw a chair and his stick and made us do theory sheets that were worth 50% of our mark.

Mind you, accoring to him, everything is worth 50%.

Anyway, so, when he asked us to write our names on the theory booklets sheet things, you had to write your first and last name and your grade. Mine ended up looking like this.

Name: Billie Joe Armstrong.
Grade: 8Weed.

I threw it in the pile along with everyone elses and BD almost shat himself when he saw it. He gave us a lecture and had the principal come in and she yelled at us. Me, being a dummer (Percussion) sit in the back and my friends and I were killing ourselves laughing. No one ever found out it was me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:50 pm
Forgot to add this one in my previous post.

But, if your a dummer, pretend to deep throat your drumstick.

That pisses off my BD.

And during long rests when everything is silent, yell. "Oh, James! Stop it!" and giggle really loudly or say "Oh, god! Get your hand out of there!" Or "Stop molesting me!"

Those work to. I know from first hand expierance.

Down_Like_Music

Ash Rail

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:54 pm
: ) When I was a freshman, some guys tried serenading the director at his cabin, at like 2 in the morning

turns out he was already awake, and getting read... yeah i know

and came out with his shirt off : o

Yeah, and we had to write essays once on why we're in band

One of my friends put:
Because it's a class where I don't have to write essays

Another guy had:
Playing tuba pleases Thor, the thunder god!

But mine, was something like:
When the green power ranger played his dagger-piccolo thing, the dragon zord came out of the bay and destroyed all the warehouses, every time. You have no idea how much the dragon zord pwns.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:04 pm
Ash Rail
: ) When I was a freshman, some guys tried serenading the director at his cabin, at like 2 in the morning

turns out he was already awake, and getting read... yeah i know

and came out with his shirt off : o

Yeah, and we had to write essays once on why we're in band

One of my friends put:
Because it's a class where I don't have to write essays

Another guy had:
Playing tuba pleases Thor, the thunder god!

But mine, was something like:
When the green power ranger played his dagger-piccolo thing, the dragon zord came out of the bay and destroyed all the warehouses, every time. You have no idea how much the dragon zord pwns.
Lmao! heart  

Scridget

Ash Rail

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:10 pm
I also emptied my spit valve over his stool after every jazz band practice towards the end. : )

If only I played brass! : )  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:31 pm
Ooooh I hate spit xD I once slipped... and fell... on my a** into the spit. -sigh-  

Scridget

lost_happiness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:25 pm
Down_Like_Music
Forgot to add this one in my previous post.

And during long rests when everything is silent, yell. "Oh, James! Stop it!" and giggle really loudly or say "Oh, god! Get your hand out of there!" Or "Stop molesting me!"

Those work to. I know from first hand expierance.

xd
lol, we've done that too. Once we even dared a bass drummer to yell 'OOOH, OH BABY!! YEAH, THERE YOU GO!' during a concert. Needless to say, he did it, and made $50. omg, the BD was so pissed...  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games