Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
The Deep Space 9 Cafe and Vortex Bar! (Come join us!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:34 pm
Maddy
It's not winter yet and it's already freezing here.
I need something to warm me up a bit...

What do you recommend, Lindira? Something cooked for a change...

Hrm... We have some pretty spicy hasperat here, so that would warm you up pretty well. If you're looking for something warming instead of hot and spicy, I suggest the Zabu stew. People rarely order it, but Cardassian food is pretty good. 3nodding

It's Autumn where you are, isn't it, Maddy? The hemisphere thing always throws me off a little. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:10 pm
Lindira
Maddy

Hrm... We have some pretty spicy hasperat here, so that would warm you up pretty well. If you're looking for something warming instead of hot and spicy, I suggest the Zabu stew. People rarely order it, but Cardassian food is pretty good. 3nodding

It's Autumn where you are, isn't it, Maddy? The hemisphere thing always throws me off a little. sweatdrop

Zabu stew sounds yummy.

Yep, it's Autumn, but some days are really cold... don't want to know how Winter will be *shivers*.  

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:58 am
Maddy
Lindira
Maddy

Zabu stew sounds yummy.

Yep, it's Autumn, but some days are really cold... don't want to know how Winter will be *shivers*.
I find it considerably odd having discussion with someone shivering, whereas I am facing 120+ F Weather in the months coming. confused  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:34 pm
*goes into the kitchen and emerges some time later with a steaming bowl of stew* Here you go, Maddy! Let me know if I can get anything else for you.

I remember in my high school Spanish classes, we'd read passages that said, "For Christmas, let's go to the beach!" I tried thinking of brightly decorated evergreen trees and sunny sandy beaches going together, but it was too surreal. xp smile  

Lindira
Crew

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:00 am
Thanks for the food, Lindira.

Takai, in here is 8 Celsius in the morning and it will be even less in the moths coming.

And you know, Lindira, I always had a problem picturing snow at Christmas... it's more easy to think of sand castles than snowmen.
And most people here eat traditional christmas cooking even with the weather we have. Never understood that. It's a time to eat salad and ice cream not all that heavy stuff. Not even with air conditioner.

And just to ruin you christmasy picture even more... we don't use real trees to decorate razz  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:11 pm
Maddy
Thanks for the food, Lindira.

Takai, in here is 8 Celsius in the morning and it will be even less in the moths coming.

And you know, Lindira, I always had a problem picturing snow at Christmas... it's more easy to think of sand castles than snowmen.
And most people here eat traditional christmas cooking even with the weather we have. Never understood that. It's a time to eat salad and ice cream not all that heavy stuff. Not even with air conditioner.

And just to ruin you christmasy picture even more... we don't use real trees to decorate razz

I'm from California, so the concept of a White Christmas always seemed a little weird to me too. But sand castles? That's a little too much for my brain to handle!

I didn't have a real tree this past Christmas either, which really made me sad, but I was too lazy to look for a real tree small enough to fit in my little apartment. Real trees are the best, though. But I guess it would be hard to find a real Christmas tree in the summer, wouldn't it. sweatdrop biggrin  

Lindira
Crew

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:16 pm
I have always been in a Desert Setting, so my first "White Christmas" was an extra Special one. Hell, it was teh first time I ever saw snow! But it wasn't until We went up north to my Grandparents house, we had a nice blanket of snow over night, on a ranch, it was sweet. But now, here in Utah, no snow. We get a few drops every now and then, but it never sticks, I've actually been through a Hail Storm before, but that was more annoying than anything else. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:23 pm
Umm....excuse me....Do you have any Klingon beverages? Like Raktajino?  

Lopan

Shuromai

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:15 pm
Holy cow, you guys! I'm looking at 110-and-up in 75% humidity. (I'm on vacation...) My airconditioning is busted, though, and it won't shut off. THerefore, the inside of my condo is a consistent 52 F. I wear a coat indoors and shorts outdoors. Odd.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:38 am
*Walks into the Cafe'. Takes a seat at a table and watches everyone around her*  

Neko-chan32981

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:44 pm
Lopan

Sure do! Lemme go get some for you! *runs off into the kitchen and comes back with a steamy mug of raktajino* There you are. If you're in the mood for blood wine later, we have that too. 3nodding

*waves to Neko-chan* biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:49 pm
Shuromai
Holy cow, you guys! I'm looking at 110-and-up in 75% humidity. (I'm on vacation...) My airconditioning is busted, though, and it won't shut off. THerefore, the inside of my condo is a consistent 52 F. I wear a coat indoors and shorts outdoors. Odd.

I actually had the opposite situation during the winter while I was in college in Iowa. It would be like -10 degrees outside, but my heater wouldn't turn off so it was around 90 degrees inside my dorm. I wore tank tops and shorts inside, but sweaters, coats, scarves, and gloves outside. It was nuts.  

Lindira
Crew

Maddy
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:18 am
Lindira
Lopan

Sure do! Lemme go get some for you! *runs off into the kitchen and comes back with a steamy mug of raktajino* There you are. If you're in the mood for blood wine later, we have that too. 3nodding

*raises her head* Someone said blood wine? Oh, never mind...
Do you have something that goes well with a cold? After freezing the other days, weather went mad. It was like 28 celsius for 2 days and now is raining since Thursday's afternoon, with fog and lots of humidity of course. *sniffs* We're all fighting for our health and sanity, if the weather doesn't go back to normal we're going to get all mad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:17 am
Lindira
Lopan

*waves back* Can I get some rootbeer please?  

Neko-chan32981

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:10 pm
*dusts off membership* Am I still welcome here?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games