Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Television! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:50 am
You're right about ITV and it's love of reality TV. It really is mind-numbingly aweful.

Then again, we have channels like Dave, which are awesome.

I like shows like Mock The Week, Nevermind The Buzzocks, Have I Got News For You and Argumental. You can't beat a good British panel show!

But then we also have Top Gear, and anything by James May which are also good. Oh, and Live At The Apollo, too.

There is good British TV, but like everything, there will always be something that someone doesn't like so much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:20 pm
when you go and live in a country with really lame tv (i lived in south africa for a while) you suddenly see our telly in a whole new light. but then you also get used to life without a tv (yes it does get so bad you would rather remove your eyes with a spork than sit infront of it for one minute more) so when you come back to britain tv is no longer the priority it once was.
we don't have a tv for that very reason, we watch a few things online now and then (QI, Buzzcocks and the like) and we see the occassional movie. i can really honestly say i don't miss having a tv and i will probably never get one again, life is much more social and productive without it.  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

Arktik-Foxxy

Dedicated Exhibitionist

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:09 pm
i personally like red dwarf  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 pm
Live At The Apollo is fantastic, but then I love stand-up comedy heart

New Doctor Who should be starting in the spring! Anyone else really looking forward to seeing how the new Doctor pans out?  

AkibeJosephus

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:10 pm
BBC America finally started airing The Inbetweeners. I've wanted to see this since in premiered on British TV. I have to say that I like it a lot. The kids remind me of actual teenagers. They're messy, nerdy, gross, funny, and don't run around screwing everything that breathes. I've also started watch The IT Crowd. Very good show, that one is. I couldn't believe it when I saw some of the actors fro, The Mighty Boosh and Garth Marenghi's Dark Place. I also have to follow up on my comment about Skins. I love the characters this season, and I think I got way too caught up in it. I've cried and forgotten where I was while I was watching the episodes on Youtube.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:08 pm
I just watched the last episode of Skins season 4. Wonders what happens next! mrgreen  

Veterus

Unforgiving Elder

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

AkibeJosephus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm
DOCTOR WHO! scream

I like Matt Smith! To me, not as good as David Tennant, but definitely worthy enough to clean his shoes, really looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 pm
...and that's before we get to his new companion.

Gosh.

sweatdrop  

Invictus_88
Captain

Garwaire

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:24 am
I thought the new Doctor is pretty good, but it is hard getting use to him. Afterall, we did have Tennant on our screens for half a decade.. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:11 pm
I love Top Gear xd  

Biumu

Shirtless Codger

Behatzlacha-S

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:35 am
Invictus_88
...and that's before we get to his new companion.

Gosh.

sweatdrop

What's with the red head love affair suddenly? We're back in the 1850s!
(Mind you, always liked red heads).  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:42 pm
Matt Smith is like a hundred times better than David Tennant.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:51 pm
Foetus In Fetu

Controversial. Why do you say that?  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:47 am
Invictus_88
Foetus In Fetu

He is. I was sceptical originally but Matt Smith is a much more convincing actor and has seamlessly slotted into the role.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:49 am
Invictus_88
Foetus In Fetu

Well, I don't think that David Tennant is a very good actor. To be fair on him, I don't think that he got particularly good scripts, but I never liked his acting choices -- there was a lot of screaming and shouting and "a-ha!" but he never brought anything at all nuanced to the role. I understand that he was a very popular actor, and I won't be surprised if he remains the more popular one, but I don't think that he was a very good one.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff