Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 am
My parents are completely fine with it, the only thing they don't like about it is that they worry I might get beaten up for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 am
My stepfather hated everything about me, hated my clothes (even threw some of them away!) and despised my music choice and caled me satanic. But I mean, he's a dickhead so I didn't/don't care what he thinks.
My mom used to be kind of hesitant about my style choice but now she doesn't mind at all and will even buy my my corsets and skirts and stuff. She bought me a really cool lace top one day and a badass punk skirt with bondage straps and everything.

I hate that some parents can't just learn to accept their children how they are.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comrade

x_Method in Madness_x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:41 pm
Oh boy, if my parents knew if I was even remotely gothic! I'd be sent off to military school faster than you can say "intolerance". xd No, I don't ware much black, heck I ware bright colors. But I love rock and heavy metal. And this new thing someone introduced me to called "cello rock"(yes it's a real genre). I love horror literature to, I still shocks some of the serious goths at my school whenever I just walk up to them and start haveing a conversation. They always give me this look like "what the heck"? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 pm
Well, they most cetainly were not happy at first....  

Angel of the End

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:03 pm
-sigh- Well.... my mom just wants me to look "pretty" and to stop "uglying myself up". But really, I don't dress that bad.... she is ok with it..... most of it now (since it has been 3 years)..... although after today I'm not allowed to wear my nightmare before christmas t-shirt ever again (she doesn't even let me wear it on days we have christian club at school, or to youth group.... when everyone in youth group and in christian club are in love with the nightmare before christmas).  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 pm
My mother doesn't interfere with my clothes, or any of my tastes, but...well, she says awful things to me, sometimes. For example, I'll be folding laundry, and she'll catch sight of what I'm wearing, and say something along the lines of 'Why do you have to be so weird that people actually feel sorry for you?' Which I find offensive, because I don't think I ought to be pitied. I'm an intelligent, laid-back, together person, who does things my own way, without regard for anyone's approval but my own. How is any of that deserving of pity?

And then, there's my well-meaning Aunt. She'll see me, and the smile on her face freezes, like it's now forced, not genuine. 'You look......unique.' Which I deal with, whatever. But when I showed up in normal clothes (she was picking me up from my mom's office, where I was instructed to "dress normal") today, she was all over me. Hugs, and 'You look so cute! You look so normal! I'm so glad to see you normal! Every time I see you you're dressed like the haunted mansion! You look so normal! I'm so glad!'

...Which despite the fact that I usually don't care, I find hurtful and offensive. She acts like me in normal clothes is the real me back from a long vacation or something...which I'm not, it's like me as a neo-victorian isn't even registering as a person.

Frustrating, frustrating.  

Megumi Selwyn

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 pm
Megumi Selwyn
My mother doesn't interfere with my clothes, or any of my tastes, but...well, she says awful things to me, sometimes. For example, I'll be folding laundry, and she'll catch sight of what I'm wearing, and say something along the lines of 'Why do you have to be so weird that people actually feel sorry for you?' Which I find offensive, because I don't think I ought to be pitied. I'm an intelligent, laid-back, together person, who does things my own way, without regard for anyone's approval but my own. How is any of that deserving of pity?

And then, there's my well-meaning Aunt. She'll see me, and the smile on her face freezes, like it's now forced, not genuine. 'You look......unique.' Which I deal with, whatever. But when I showed up in normal clothes (she was picking me up from my mom's office, where I was instructed to "dress normal") today, she was all over me. Hugs, and 'You look so cute! You look so normal! I'm so glad to see you normal! Every time I see you you're dressed like the haunted mansion! You look so normal! I'm so glad!'

...Which despite the fact that I usually don't care, I find hurtful and offensive. She acts like me in normal clothes is the real me back from a long vacation or something...which I'm not, it's like me as a neo-victorian isn't even registering as a person.

I get that from my grandmother all the time, I feel the same way you do, and I have no advice on that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:33 pm
XWraith_LordX
Megumi Selwyn

I get that from my grandmother all the time, I feel the same way you do, and I have no advice on that.

Frustrating, isn't it?

I mean, it's nothing I'll lose sleep over, but it's just one of those rare things that actually gets under my skin.  

Megumi Selwyn

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:17 pm
They think that I look like a ghoul.... oh well.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm
they think its weird, bit dont really care  

The Squeeze

Shameless Scarface

11,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lady Annastassia Celeste

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:07 pm
XD I don't think my dad cares at all about any styles...and my mom [though she doesn't wear gothic clothing on a regular basis or anything] is rather goth at heart...she adores gothic clothes, the subculture, music, everything. So. I don't really have to fight my parents about it. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:48 pm
Well, looking at the post I made last April.... I finally got my Jack shirt back a few weeks ago sweatdrop  

Angel of the End

Lady Annastassia Celeste

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 am
Angel of the End
Well, looking at the post I made last April.... I finally got my Jack shirt back a few weeks ago sweatdrop

Good for you. Now hide it somewhere. XD Pfft. Nightmare Before Christmas isn't even that bad. I think if my parents stole my Jack shirts I'd be pretty depressed. I love Jack. But it would be wierd if my mom did that cuz she loves Tim Burton and she wears Nightmare Before Christmas shirts. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:53 pm
Hmph.
My parents claim to support me in my decision when I had become gothic, but I know that deep down that they think of me as some monster. When I was finding a publisher for my novel, mother would always be blunt with me, saying that nobody would want to publish gothic horror.
Those cretins are horrible, and I despise them.  

xX Lord Despair Xx

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items