Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 pm
PS.
UNI has an Armor Class of 18? That's a travesty! How can I KILL THAT DAMN THING if it has such a high AC? Huh? Huh?

Oh, wait. Maybe in the new rules that's not so high. Er... actually, come to think of, didn't it used to be good to have a really low AC? I seem to remember that vampires had a -2 or something like that and we all used gripe about how hard they were to hit with our magic swords (mine shot balls of freezing acid! No, really, it did!)

Then someone would fart and we'd either all die laughing or run, gasping from the room. You know, even though I also don't recall dating much in high school, I don't feel bad about it, because I really do know how many levels a DM has. And if we're talking about the twisted omniscient dwarf from that damn cartoon, I think he's gonna have one with a carpenter's square on it rammed right up his burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:21 am
Harbone
mAOri waHIne
Lil Jo I totally understand what you are saying about your brother in law... mine is the same way and the sad part is I introduced them. Well, I was an idiot or more so, my sister. She was 22 years old, just graduated from University and complaining that working as a teacher she wasn't meeting any men. I had met my future brother in law on a flight home and thought he might be a nice date for my sister so I set them up. Little did I know that they would marry after 3 dates. It was an absolute shock to my family and even further shock when he moved my sister all the way to California. Now, the only chance of seeing her was to fly across the Pacific. My sister was a fashion model in her younger days and travelled extensively... well her husband told her that she was never to wear any makeup, he bought her a new wardrobe that did not include anything sexy or revealing, he told her not color her hair or cut it, and he took away her passport. He basically locked her up from the world. Whenever I would call on my sister he would stay in the room and whenever she came to visit me, which was rare, he ordered her home before the sun set. The change in my sister from this vivacious, international model to this frumpy, overweight housewife was dramatic. My mum and da accept the situation but I can't. My sister tells me she's happily married but when I see her she is so worn out.

I'm glad to see you haven't given up, Maori Wahine. Let me tell you a little story. I can't give details, because my clients have a right to privacy, but I can generalize about the services and conditions we encountered on a daily basis.

At least once every few weeks I'd meet a woman like your sister. Usually, their husbands had not handled the finances very well. I met one who earned only $125 per month from Social Security because her husband had never let her work, another who could get no help at all because of the controlling crap that their husbands had pulled on them. In the end, your sister is going to need your help. Find some way to talk with her privately and find out what is really going on. I suspect something more than just "Born Again Christianity" is involved, although that is enough to bring out the macho, wife-crushing and brutish side of most men. In the end, you're either going to look after her when her husband dies (because her husband has taught her well and good how NOT to look after herself) or you're going to have to help her find herself again if the marriage breaks up for legal or financial reasons. Good luck, it's going to be tough. I reccommend checking out your local women's shelter for advice and literature. (Like Ruth's House in Honolulu.)

Thanks Harbone for the advice... I will defintely search the web for Women Shelters in the Central California area. heart  

Lucky Hoku

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:02 pm
Good luck mAOri ~ yes there are a lot of shelters out there that can give both families seeing abuse, and the abused woman advice.

As most frequently, the abuse is verbal & psychological, the abused tend to overlook it ~ "He's not hitting me"... They can't seem to realize that the mental/emotional stuff will stay with them a lot longer than the physical abuse... sad  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:56 pm
Swirli
Just a quick note; I have quit your Guild. It's rather boring!

gonk Could we give some examples of what might make it more interesting...? Is it because there aren't oodles of people on to yap at 24/7? It's an adult guild ~ Guess what ~ most of us have REAL LIVES ~ we don't spend all of our time online.... we have jobs and kids and others shizzles that keep us from getting here all the time.

~end rant~  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

dreamerice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:11 pm
I don't like the new setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 pm
dreamerice
Me either ~ I've seen at least four of them since I started on Gaia... each one is a real pain to get used to. gonk  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 pm
Lil Brat
dreamerice
Me either ~ I've seen at least four of them since I started on Gaia... each one is a real pain to get used to. gonk

Completely agree... since we have no say in what they choose to do with the site, I wish they would just pick something and stick with it, I hate the constant change.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:25 am
I'm figuring they justify this continual change by saying they have to keep the site "new" and "fresh" and "modern"....frankly, I think it's just the graphic designers trying to justify their salaries.

It's annoying, but I'll get used to it...and about the time I do, they'll change it again. If I get fed up enough, I'll leave.  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

Umberella

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:53 pm
It's kind of interesting how the top bar has daylight and evening hours...but I didn't notice my Daily Chance until a little toy cart appeared in the corner.
I'd like the chance to choose what part of town my avatar hangs out in - I'm not really the kind of gal to hang out at the lake all day.
Also, I'm going home to my hubby in a week, so things are getting rushed and tense at my mom's house. I've been living with her since February and getting her health back to normal. She lives in such a big house by herself and has no plans of ever moving. And I REALLY do not want to move to her area to care for her in her old age. She's only 57 right now, but I worry about her.
So my complaint and plea is...how can I hopefully live with my husband and care for my mother in her older days while living nowhere near each other?
Argh.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:15 pm
for once, I don't mind the new layout change...it's more stable.
my main complaint is still life, but what can really be done about that...  

freaxy
Crew

dreamerice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:42 am
can't get puzzles to work, read something about the new layout causing some problems, hope they get the bugs fixed...I like puzzles  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:26 pm
I like the new layout although I think that they should rotate the background... I like fishing but I'd like to have other images of Gaia rotate through also or maybe even be allowed to setup the background image.

My biggest complaint with Gaia right now is that the WORD BUMP isn't giving out gold and you can't exchange any of the credits. I wish they would fix this soon and bring back the credit exchange... I want a graduation cap, damn it. scream  

Lucky Hoku

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:12 pm
Here's my rant...

If you haven't already read the announcement this evening, Gaia will soon be beta testing an updated version of the Marketplace (MP). Okay, no biggie. They've been doing a lot of updating lately.

Here's the kicker. And I copied this from the announcement in case you stopped reading too soon.

“Before you use the new Marketplace, be aware of this major change: There is now a 2% listing fee for all items in the Marketplace. This means that if your item is sold, Gaia will take a 2% cut of the selling price. This will help stabilize the Gaia economy by controlling inflation and preventing abuse of the Marketplace. However, this means that we no longer have to require vending licenses, so everyone who has previously bought one will have their 1000 Gaia Gold refunded.”

What the heck is Gaia thinking!?! This won't stop inflation. In fact, inflation will increase to offset the 2% fee. Okay, 2% isn't all that much, right? Well, it is for those of us who try to sell items on the MP at the lowest listed prices. Now, those of us who were trying to play fairly are being penalized. Is the vending license refund supposed to make up for the 2% losses from now on? I don't think so. And what the heck is Gaia going do with all these 2% fees?

Whew! I feel a little better.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:49 am
We have been wondering what they are thinking also... If they take gold from the people that are selling, those people will only raise the prices to compensate for the loss...

And why does Gaia need to take pixelated gold that they create? They running out or something?  

Lil-Jo
Crew

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:11 am
Gaia isn't going to do anything with the 2% of gold it takes. That gold is going to simply disappear. It's not like real world cash that represents value - Gaia gold represents nothing, it's just a number in a computer, and you can make it increase or decrease at will.

I agree there are several flaws in this plan - my three biggest objections are:

1. You don't have to use the Marketplace to sell items.
2. I don't think 2% of Marketplace sales only is nearly enough to offset the sheer amount of gold and items they hand out every day, thereby increasing the monetary pool and decreasing the value of each piece of gold
3. It's a tax on one activity only - if they really want to decrease inflation, make everyone chip in with a monthly character tax or something.

But as I've said many times before, it's their world and their system and they can do what they want with it.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games