Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:08 pm
I missed it too, and I didn't even get alcohol. And I missed the repeat too.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:32 am
omg. That was shockingly win.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Smigg-the-Miserable

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:12 pm
I agree. And I'm curious to see just where they're going with this evolution thing. At a rough guess I'd say that the rest of the cult will probably turn on Sec eventually for his perversion of the species. That or Sec will end up like the Dalek from episode six or the 9th Doctor series.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:40 pm
I thought they were already part human, though. Didn't the Emperor say in like series one that he had to recreate the Dalek race using human DNA? I'm just sayin'.

This is just a guess, but I reckon Sec'll be EXTERMINATE!ed next episode, but'll tie into whatever's gonna happen in the finale.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Smigg-the-Miserable

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:07 pm
I had been thinking that. All I can think of, and this is really going out on a limb, is that maybe in terms of the Dalek's chronology this is actually before the whole business from the end of series one. Actually no, scrap that, it's silly.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:28 pm
I don't think it was a co-incidence that Dr Who said something about Daleks only caring about the destruction of the human race so soon after Sec going on about the Daleks being almost extrinct, being envious of what humans were able to build and sacrificing himself for the good of the cult.
I doubt we'll find out that the Daleks hobbies including rescuing kittens and long walks on the beach, but we've never had a reason to symphasise with them before.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:39 pm
Yeah - it's almost like they're being given personality. They keep coming back to this idea of Dalek/human hybrids. They did it in Dalek, with that one commiting suicide because it couldn't bear itself, and in the season one finale with the mention of them hating their own skin because it's part human, and then with the Cult of Skaro who had to think like humans and even have names, and now this. Weird.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:43 pm
42 was very similar to The Impossible Planet in the last series  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 am
Shadow of an Illusion

I wasn't too impressed with 42. It felt very much like a filler. Unfortunately I didn't get much of the dialogue apart from the basics, because I watched it from behind the bar. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:01 am
ficklefiend
Shadow of an Illusion

I wasn't too impressed with 42. It felt very much like a filler. Unfortunately I didn't get much of the dialogue apart from the basics, because I watched it from behind the bar. stressed

It was quite an emotianal one, although very similar to The Impossible Planet. I think the only bit of importance to the series was the bit at the end where it showed that Martha's mum was trying to find out information for someone against the doctor.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:07 am
Yeah I realise I missed more of it than I thought when I went to look for a trailer for the next one, I think I'll need to catch the next repeat.

The next one looks gooood.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:54 am
re: 42.

That female captain character annoyed the crap out of me. Aside from being a cliché, I just couldn't care less about her sodding husband.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Smigg-the-Miserable

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:12 pm
I have to agree with you on that one. She did get damn irritating, and didn't seem to possess anything like the air of authority one would expect from a captain.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:40 pm
I'd agree too.

The last one was pretty confusing. I only got a chance to watch it last night (been having to video it since I keep being made to work Saturday nights.) so was there anything explaining the start of it in 42 or is it just meant to be confusing? I can't remember  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

[Finrod]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:03 am
Shadow,

There wasn't any runover from the previous week. It basically threw us into the middle of the Doctor and Martha running for their lives from an unnamed enemy, escaping but being tracked (inescapably due to the Doctor's unique nature as the last Timelord), and the Doctor desperately using a device to "become human" in order to hide.

Martha retains her memories, but the Doctor's are hidden in the watch (opening it would revert him to being a Timelord).  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff