Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Lizardmen Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inenor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:15 pm
they are fun to mix and match, but i am such a lousy tactitian i end up being massacred 100% of the time. crying  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:03 pm
Finaly a place On gaia where i can Talk about lizardmen!!
Just start anyone know of that old Rumor of a Carnosaur with a magic like Gyro on its back i saw it in someplaces and pics just want to know if its real if its not im going to Randomly convert one xd

User Image
User Image

these are the best two lizardmen skink priests i have painted so far out of the 7 iv got.
most of the time i keep being not able to paint the eyes in the right sizes,
its also Pretty difficult to paint the eyes like a Proper lizard if anyones got any tips on a easier way of doing it will be greatful.

also iv never seen any other lizard players where i live so you could Practivly call it im the only lizard player within the conserative club i go to sad
pretty boring too there all wood elfs or empire hehe.
so im extreamly Curious what/ how you people painted your armies.

well enough of asking for tips.

a little about me lizzies.
iv been collecting them since the old Style the ones where all you do is glue the two arms on.
about 8 years now.

I personaly prefer mass amounts of Blowpipe skinks atm iv got 50 and other 120 in construction. pirate

all together in total iv got about 5,000-6,000pts

Models:
lords/heros
1x Kroq-gar
1xSlan-mage
7x skink priests
1x skink chief
1x old-blood/ Saurus scar-veteran

Core troops
170x skinks
havn't counted but 6 units of Saurus warriors
1 x temple guard unit

Special units

16x Saurus Cavalry
3x Kroigor
3x Terradons

Rare units
2x Stegadon (one with crew one without that i use in combo with priest or chief Mainly chief)
3x Salamanders (planning to get more)

My fav model a Skink chief fully kitted with weapons in on a Stegadon with the howdah in a 1,000pt game and all there is, is mainly skinks.

my main goal is to get upto 10,000pts so i can battle with my step-brother vs his 10k wood elf army at the club.

so far i want to have a magic army with about 200 skinks + other units and 2,3 or 4 slan mages.

Epic battle the most iv ever played was a club championship of 4,000pts +2,000pts reserve on classic fort vs attacker as it was a Lustria theme and i was the one guarding.

best thing i remember was there where 8 armys fighting
2x empire( and the shop+club owner lol)
1x wood elf(step-brother)
1x high elf
1x dark elf
1x chaos
1x dwarf(brother)
1x lizardmen

in the end high elfs,darkelfs,dwarfs and the empire wiped by choas at the end he gained victory points allowing him to add his 2k reserves right to the field.
so i had to team up with my step-brother to kill off the chaos army (to be honest he was every Annoying anyway)

i had the lizardmen fort anyway so i had to hold it for two whole battles till my brother could move through the sections to reach the fort and support.
when he got there i took heavy damage and used my 2k reserves from a very bad flank tried to flank out 100 skinks to kill his slow moving choas warriors killed 2 units and a halfish then backed off as his Chaos dragon flew over and burn half my skinks to hell.

well after that he was dead there was no chance in hell he could fight off a 6k army + a 3-4k army inside a fort. Victory!
mrgreen

about sums it up lol  

Andre_kelfar11

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:36 pm
hey guys...sorry i haven't posted in a while.

your skink priests are looking great, Zenos.

how has every one been doing?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:02 pm
just got a new camera so hopefuly i can post some pics of my army soon.  

Inenor

Inenor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:08 pm
i made a new list and it's improved my game by alot.

Saurus Oldblod:
-Light Armor
-Enchanted Sheild
-Glyph Necklace
-Sword of the hornet
-Bane Head
-Quetzl,Sotek,Itzl
-Carnosaur

Skink Cheif:
-Light Armor
-Blowpipe
-Maiming sheild
-Sword of Might
-Sotek
-Scout

Skink Skirmishers:
-Blowpipe
-3 units of 10
-2 units as scouts
-1 unit of regular

Saurus Warriors:
-Full Command
-2 units of 20
-Quetzl

Saurus Cavalry:
-1 unit of 10
-full command

Salamander:
-1 unit of 3

Stegadon:
-1 stegadon

all togeather its 2248 points.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:33 pm
hulo every one!

how is every one? biggrin  

eric the ghost

Inenor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:41 am
perty gud whee just tried out terradons for the first time last weekend ... used them wrong. but the way i painted them was super easy and still looks awesome. I'll try and posts some shots soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:57 am
Photos are always good. mrgreen  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:37 pm
yeh teradons can be tricky. i look forward to seeing some picys! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 pm
Hopefuly this works.

Skink Priest

User Image

Saurus Lord on foot.

User Image

Terradon

User Image
sorry for the low quality, and size, these were taken on my phone and i'm a bit new with photobucket. if anyone can help me with this i'll mak sure to fix it a.s.a.p.  

Inenor

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:02 am
hey, nice paint job. esp loving the saurus oldblood. good job!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:36 pm
So, has anyone tried a southlands army yet?  

Inenor

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:46 am
not in its new incarnation. but my old army was basicly a south lands list.

Skinks are underrated. they have a poor statline but i find that the skink is greater than the sum of its parts so to speak. not in close combat obviously...but in a more general way.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:40 am
eric the ghost
not in its new incarnation. but my old army was basicly a south lands list.

Skinks are underrated. they have a poor statline but i find that the skink is greater than the sum of its parts so to speak. not in close combat obviously...but in a more general way.

i dont think skinks are completly underrated. i use skinks as meat shields since they one of the faster units and block fire from my slower saurus and kroxigors. also since they got posion i use chamelons and terradons to take light infantry out with wizards and such.

if anyone has any tatics on how to easily win against slaanesh chaos warrior army with daemons and/or against vampire counts that will be great since im in a campaign and i am fighting wood elves, bretonnians, vampires, and hordes of chaos. thanks  

Zero Salfos

eric the ghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 am
I didn't say 'completely underrated' just 'underrated'. i mean if you use them correctly they can be a real bane to lonely lords/ heroes and to war machine crews. They will never charge headlong into some souped up chaos knights and do anything more than distract them for a few seconds. The little guys have come through for me on more than one occasion. They are fit for purpose which is being used for a meat shield or as scout skirmishers etc.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff