Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:49 pm
Lt. Brookman
In comparison with the new pistolier horses, the barded warhorses just look like ponies. They need to be bigger, at least the same size as the Bretonnian warhorses.

And already have tails on them. 3nodding xd

Seriously though, I LOVE the new rules! Steam Tanks are now usable in small battles! They may be a little expensive to use on smaller battles, but at least we have the option! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:33 am
Only the build-up of steam points is hella risky now with the low amount of hull points.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:44 am
I was discussing with a friend earlier the hilarity of rule technicalities in games as nuanced as Warhammer.

Case in point, the fact that a Bretonnian character can gain Killing Blow against a Steam Tank.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:26 am
What do you guys think of the pigeon bombs? I'm planning on using them in the future seeing as I'll have an engineer oversee the workings of my volleygun. So whenever it's jammed or out of order, I'll just let loose a pigeon or two.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Everlasting Chaos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:07 am
I don't think building up Steam Points is really any more risky than it used to be. I mean, you can only fail on a 6 at the start of the game. And you aren't losing 3D6 Hull Points if it fails now. Which is a HUGE improvement IMO.

How can a Bret get Killing Blow against a Steam Tank? Killing Blow only works against man-sized models...

And I LOVE the idea of Pigeon Bombs! Screw the Hochland Long Rifle, that thing still basically hits on 5's anyway. The Pigeon Bomb's got a template! With these new rules my army's going to follow two basic strategies. The first one will be an artillary train. Engineers with Pigeon Bombs, Mortars, and Helstorm Rocket Batteries. Hooray for templates! The other one will consist mostly of Priests and infantry. That one will be taken against armies that love magic, like Tomb Kings and Vampires. But yeah, the Pigeon Bombs are a much-needed boost for the Engineers. 3nodding The Mechanical Steeds helped too. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:30 am
Only thing is, how to best model pigeons? I want them represented in game, as I don't like pulling cheaps ones in the WYSIWYG department.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Red the 2nd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:53 pm
Everlasting Chaos
I don't think building up Steam Points is really any more risky than it used to be. I mean, you can only fail on a 6 at the start of the game. And you aren't losing 3D6 Hull Points if it fails now. Which is a HUGE improvement IMO.

How can a Bret get Killing Blow against a Steam Tank? Killing Blow only works against man-sized models...

And I LOVE the idea of Pigeon Bombs! Screw the Hochland Long Rifle, that thing still basically hits on 5's anyway. The Pigeon Bomb's got a template! With these new rules my army's going to follow two basic strategies. The first one will be an artillary train. Engineers with Pigeon Bombs, Mortars, and Helstorm Rocket Batteries. Hooray for templates! The other one will consist mostly of Priests and infantry. That one will be taken against armies that love magic, like Tomb Kings and Vampires. But yeah, the Pigeon Bombs are a much-needed boost for the Engineers. 3nodding The Mechanical Steeds helped too. xd
Aslong as the Bret dosent use a magical wapon and takes the virture, they get it agiansts large targets. The whole idea od a knight slaying a Giant or Dragonn in one blow thing. And I guess it could be thought of as driving his lance through a weak point in the tanks armour and breaking open something important  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:05 pm
As he said, the Virtue of Heroism gives you Killing Blow against Large Targets.

I tried rationalizing that in my head, but don't Bretonnians disdain modern contraptions? If so, why would a haughty lord give any cause to study advanced war machines? All in all it's pretty backwards.  

Pontius Pirate

Centigrade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:25 am
Pontius Pirate may be right. The virtue of heroism does give you the killing blow against large targets. So I am going to look into it a bit more to see if I Bret can take out the Steam Tank in one shot. Maybe even write to Games Workshop about it if I can find nothing.

On another note I am thinking about basing my army around cavalry. Of course I would have a unit or two of troops but I am going to go for a cavelry theme. But I have to admit the Pigeon bombs do sound really really tempting. But I have a feeling they are going to be in most Empire lists and I do not like following trends.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:12 pm
Modelling a Pigeon Bomb won't be hard. There's already an Engineer model with a hawk or something on it. Just round off the head and beak and voila! Instant Pigeon.

As for the Killing Blow thing, I don't think it would work against the Steam Tank because it counts as a War Machine...  

Everlasting Chaos

Centigrade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:35 pm
Everlasting Chaos
Modelling a Pigeon Bomb won't be hard. There's already an Engineer model with a hawk or something on it. Just round off the head and beak and voila! Instant Pigeon.

As for the Killing Blow thing, I don't think it would work against the Steam Tank because it counts as a War Machine...

Yeah that is what I thought(About the killing blow on the steam tank). But I am not 100% sure about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:45 pm
Centigrade
Everlasting Chaos

Yeah that is what I thought(About the killing blow on the steam tank). But I am not 100% sure about it.

Well, I know if anyone has any doubts, you can call the Warhammer help line for rule clarification, my friend has done it before, they usually give good insight to situations like this.  

EliotJamesRookwood

Red the 2nd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:41 pm
Centigrade
Pontius Pirate may be right. The virtue of heroism does give you the killing blow against large targets. So I am going to look into it a bit more to see if I Bret can take out the Steam Tank in one shot. Maybe even write to Games Workshop about it if I can find nothing.

On another note I am thinking about basing my army around cavalry. Of course I would have a unit or two of troops but I am going to go for a cavelry theme. But I have to admit the Pigeon bombs do sound really really tempting. But I have a feeling they are going to be in most Empire lists and I do not like following trends.
Well isnt a steam tank a large target?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:49 pm
I think I finally figured it out. The fire and brimstone bellowing from the garguantan construct that is the Steam Tank reminds the Lord of a Great Dragon and sends him into a Berserker Rage the likes of which Khorne would smile upon. The rest is clockwork, with scraps of metal and the flesh of crewmen raining over the lord and his honor guard.

Well, that's the best I can think of on Virtue of Heroism.  

Pontius Pirate

Red the 2nd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:56 pm
Pontius Pirate
I think I finally figured it out. The fire and brimstone bellowing from the garguantan construct that is the Steam Tank reminds the Lord of a Great Dragon and sends him into a Berserker Rage the likes of which Khorne would smile upon. The rest is clockwork, with scraps of metal and the flesh of crewmen raining over the lord and his honor guard.

Well, that's the best I can think of on Virtue of Heroism.
Amen to that!  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games