Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:26 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

Second Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Practice Pitch
What am I doing? Watching Try-Outs
What am I thinking? Yay!

Katrina clapped when Ariana and Steele appeared, her eyes focused on Ariana. She smiled when the team captain, Devin Cloud arrived. When he came to hand her a piece of parchment, she declined. "It's okay if I watch, right? I can't play Quidditch for my life."

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 pm
Edward Galde

Half-Blood/First Year/Hufflepuff

Edward slowly walked out to the Quidditch pitch nervously. He hoped they would let him try-out, what with him being a first year, and all. Flying, and playing Quidditch were they only things he was normally ever confident about. His intentions were to be seeker. He filled out the slip and after he had finished he handed it to the captain.
Name: Edward Galde
Year: First
First Position: Seeker
Second Position: None
What sets you apart from the next person: I can't really play any other position.

samuxisxdead

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
Second Year: Hufflepuff Seeker

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana and Steele arrived at the pitch just in time to start the tryouts. When Devin passed around the pieces of parchment with writing on them, Ariana grabbed a quill and filled in the information.

Name: Ariana Hawthorne
Year: Second
First Position: Seeker
Second Position: Chaser
What sets you apart from the next person: I have played seeker last year, so I am familiar with how to play the part for this team.

Once the girl filled in the information that was needed, she hopped onto her broom. Lifting her head up, her eyes fell upon a familiar face. "Hey, Kat! What are you doing here? I thought you weren't trying out!" she yelled across the many meters separating the two. Ariana's eyes lit up as she became extremely excited to see that her best friend showed up for the tryouts. The broom lifted into the air before approaching Katrina.

wearing

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:26 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Heather Stevia Hawthorn
| Single | Second Year | Beater |

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather took her lucky pen out of her pocket, took a slip of paper, and filled it out.
Name: Heather Stevia Hawthorn
Year: Second
First Position: Beater
Second Position: Chaser
What sets you apart from the next person: I feel I can play either position on this team.

She set the paper on the table, and pulled her hair into two pigtails on either side of her head. Due to the incident with the gum back home, they were shorter than usual, resting just barely on her shoulders. She got on her old broom and took off. The small girl proceded to fly laps around the pitch. I think being a Beater has helped me in more ways than one, so I should try to keep that position if I can. But if I can't, I'll try for what I wanted last year, a Chaser. she thought as she circled the students below her, her pigtails streaming out behind her.

{OOC:}

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

TechNerd0072

Dapper Genius

1,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:54 am
User Image
♞ Dhylan Nolynn ♞
| Single | First Year | Hufflepuff |

♝═━┈┈━═♝═━┈┈━═♝

Dhylan walked out into the pitch holding a school broom. He hadn't had any flying lessons at school yet, but he had practiced a little at home when his father wasn't around, which was quite often. He saw an older boy, and assumed he was the captain. "Greetings." he said as he took a slip of paper to fill out.
Name: Dhylan Nolynn
Year: First
First Position: Chaser
Second Position: Beater
What sets you apart from the next person: Nothing. I'm probably just as good as the next first year.

He set the paper on the table, and out of the corner of his eye he saw a stream of blonde fly past. He looked up and saw the same second year girl that kept popping up in his life. He got on the old broom and took off, a little wobbily at first, but he soon straightened out. He flew slowly and carefully up to his friend, flying beside her. "I figured you'd be all the way up here rather than down there. You are too predictable, little Quaffle." he said with a smile. He hoped she would be his practice buddy for the try-outs, and maybe even for practice later on if they both made the team.

♝═━┈┈━═♝═━┈┈━═♝

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Heather Stevia Hawthorn

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather was flying, completely in sync. She felt like the world didn't exist, like it was just her and her broom. Then, something broke that sync. Someone flew up beside her, scaring her and causing her to nearly fall off her broom. "Bloody h-" she shouted, stopping herself when she saw it was Dhyl. "Dhylan! Don't do that! You nearly knocked me off my bloody broom you scared me so bad!" she shouted at him, her eyes like daggers. After a moment, she calmed down, returning to her normal self. She couldn't believe she blew up at him like that. It just wasn't like her. "Sorry. You scared me. I don't like it when people sneak up on me." she said. Allowing herself to fly next to her friend, she looked at him while she was flying. "Oh, I'm predictable? I knew you were going to try out, and I also figured you'd come talk to me. Who's predictable now?" she asked, teasing him. Their friendship was that of an odd sort...

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:26 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

Devin Cloud

Fourth YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

"You may stay Katrina. Just don't distract my players," he told her. He took the sheets and read them over quickly, not too happy with what he saw in the last column, but it was honestly what he expected from some of them. He wanted that player that not only was good at the trade, but also be able to sell themselves and be confident in themselves because those are the players that truly show up when the going gets tough and the others are down. Once he received most of the papers, he observed the fluency of each of the kid's flying ability. Not many of them stood out to him honestly, but he always did favor Ariana's agility over the others. As a very good chaser himself, he always preferred nimble attackers. He did not know why honestly. That's why he loved Charlotte and Aerynn so much, for they were quick flyers and finished on goals.

He had seen enough of their flying and got the chest and opened it. The bludgers were held down firm; so he didn't have to worry about those running loose quite yet. He got the Quaffle and took the Snitch in his hands. There were two tryouts at seeker; so he wanted to see the two go at it.

"Uhm...Edward Galde and Ariana Hawthorne, front and center," he said, waiting for them to make their way over to him. Once they had, he continued. "Alright...both of you are trying out for seeker; so...catch it," Devin said, opening his hand quickly, a gold little ball flying out in the other direction behind them.

"Steele...go get between the posts. Alright...any one trying out for chaser...get over here. That means Dhylan Nolan, and Heather Hawthorn. Beaters will have their own little tryout in a little bit; just so we don't have any accidents on the first day," the boy said, knowing that he was going to be the target in that tryout.

"Heather...you go first because you know how I had you do it last year. Good luck...and remember, I am always watching," he told them, smiling and throwing them the Quaffle.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 4, 6, 4, 2, 10, 7, 4, 1 Total: 53 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:21 am

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

When Ariana heard Katrina tell Devin she wasn't trying out, a frown appeared on the girl's face. "Poo," she mumbled as she turned and flew up into the air, following with a lap around the pitch. When she heard her name being called from down below, she quickly descended until her feet touched the grass. There are two seeker try outs? she wondered before looking over at the first year boy. When Devin ordered the two to find the golden snitch, Ariana jumped into the air along with her broom before taking off, eying every open area.

wearing

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

BeaterBeast525 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 10, 1, 8, 4, 2, 4, 10, 1, 5 Total: 46 (10-100)

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Heather Stevia Hawthorn

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather heard the captain call her and Dhylan down to tryout, so she nosedived down towards the ground, picking up at the last moment and hovering above the ground. She nodded to Devin, then looked over at Steele. "Ready to go?" she asked him. She caught the Quaffle and headed back up into the air, hovering near the center of the pitch. Once Steele was in position at the goal posts, she got into position as well. The Quaffle in her right arm, she pulled back, taking aim. Here we go. she thought, throwing the ball towards the Keeper...

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

User Image

kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 6, 2, 1, 9, 6, 5, 1, 1 Total: 39 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Not even catching a glimpse of the snitch, Ariana decided to fly around the pitch slowly. Just because she hadn't seen it yet doesn't mean she would give up and let her opponent get it. She never did that in any of the games, so she definitely will not do that during try outs.

wearing

((If I rolled a number that catches the snitch, but I haven't spotted it, does that mean I "accidentally" caught it?
Nevermind, my question has been answered))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 7, 2, 9, 3, 2, 6, 2, 2, 6 Total: 45 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 am
User Image
Hufflepuff|2nd year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele eyed her shot, attempting to time it to the best of his abilities. He was out of it today; so he wasn't sure what was going to happen.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:27 am
User Image
Hufflepuff|2nd year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele just missed the ball off of his fingertips, the ball sailing past him and into the goal. He looked down at his hands as if they were the blame and sulked a bit. He was mad that he just missed that shot. He firmly believed that if he did what he always did, he would've stopped that shot, but he didn't; so he missed.

"Good job Heather," he said warily, floating back to his goalpost after retrieving the Quaffle for her. He hated missing.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 am
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image
Devin Cloud
Fourth YearHufflepuffChaser

Devin watched as the many kids flew around at one time, evaluating them as they went. He watched as Ariana flew around like she does, Steele letting in a shot by heather, bht all he really thought about was Belle at the moment. Physically, he evaluated, mentally, she was on his mind.

"Come on Steele, you got to get under that one," he said to Steele, slightly annoyed that the boy wasn't giving this his full effort. He needed a keeper he could depend on and Steele wasn't there yet.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 9, 8, 8, 4, 6, 5, 6, 2, 8 Total: 61 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana was distracted by the other try outs for a moment. She hadn't spotted the snitch yet, but when Steele got scored on, the girl continued her search for the tiny golden ball.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games