Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Demon x Kunoichi [Private] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 pm
Bomani felt as if a cold dagger had been pushed through his heart when she spoke and left the room. He was stunned into sitting there for a moment, then he got up, and as if in a trance, took the opal necklace from where she'd placed it, and put it into his pocket. Then he left her room and spotted her not far away. Steeling himself and blinking back tears, he clasped his hands behind his back and put on an expression of indifference, then followed her, catching up easily until he was one step behind her, looking not at her, but straight ahead. He was her bodyguard, after all. He didn't care if she hated him for it, but he had to stay. It was his job.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm
Chione gritted her teeth to avoid any sound from escaping her. She was determined to leave this palace, this life, even if it meant leaving Bomani behind. Maybe he would find someone better, a woman who could truly be with him and love him as much as she wanted to. The princess felt helpless now, but she felt like this was the only way she could make the best out of the situation.

Suddenly feeling a presence behind her Chione stopped, glancing behind her to see Bomani there. "What do you think you're doing?" She asked, as if she was accusing him of a crime.  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 pm
When she stopped, Bomani did as well. He didn't look at her when she spoke, and his voice was emotionless when he replied.
"Following orders, Milady, and doing my job." he said curtly. It was the first time in a long time, an extremely long time, almost since he met her, than he used that term, Milady.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:31 pm
Surprised by his answer she closed her eyes. "In that case, I order you to go back." Chione said, emphasizing it by pointing back to her room with her hand. "And don't follow me. I don't need you." She quickly turned away and began to walk again, picking up her pace in order to avoid having any knowledge of his reaction and to convince him to do as she said.  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 pm
"Unfortunately, Milady, my order's don't come from you, they come from the Pharaoh." Bomani said, catching up with her easily. Even at a flat out run, he was sure he could catch her.
"He gave me explicit instructions when he hired me. He said, and I quote, 'Bomani, protect my daughter, with your life if need be'. You live on, and thus, I still protect you." he said simply, still not looking at her. He felt as dead inside as he probably appeared on the outside. She had very nearly broken him, completely and utterly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 pm
Biting her lip Chione sighed, as if she was tired of him. "That's unfortunate, because from now on you are no longer my bodyguard." She gathered up the courage to look at him. "Bomani, I have already talked about this with my father. Now that I am about to be taken into another family, my husband will care for me. Like I said, I no longer need you." She then waited this time, hoping he would give up now.  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:42 pm
"Correct me if I'm wrong, Milady, but your husband isn't here." Bomani pointed out. She may have looked at him, but he didn't look down at her. If he did, he probably would have broken down.
"Until such time as you are with your husband to be, I will remain your bodyguard. From there, we will part." he glanced down at her for just a second.
"You may hate everything about me, Milady, but that's the way it is."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 pm
"Just because he isn't here doesn't mean you have to come with me." Chione said, almost at the end of her rope now. He was only making it more difficult for her, and she could no longer read his face. "If you come with me, it would only show disrespect and bring shame upon is, since it would appear as if I do not trust my future partner and king." She emphasized the last words, hoping it would go through to him. "Now, leave me...please..."  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:01 am
"You said it yourself, Milady, there's word of a rebellion out there." Bomani said. He looked at her, but he didn't look into her eyes: he was looking at a spot just over her head.
"If they spotted the princess alone, they would likely take the opportunity to kill you. As your fr-...protector, I will make sure that doesn't happen, so I don't bring disgrace upon myself, and pain upon your husband, and the Pharaoh. Do you understand now?" he asked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:07 pm
Chione frowned a bit, seeing that he wouldn't leave her no matter what she said. However...he wouldn't look at her directly, and that bothered her. So, she thought she could just push this topic a bit further. "Then may the gods will be done." She said smoothly, turning and walking away again. "There is nothing else for me to look forward to in this life. I might as well move to the next." The princess walked away, undeterred by the thought of dying. In fact, she thought it might be preferrable than what would happen should she stay.  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm
"Don't speak that way, Milady." Bomani said, following behind her still. He felt nothing at the moment...he was training himself, telling himself, not to feel anything. If he did, he would instantly stop and break down crying.
"The gods will is that you live to rule justly until your reign on this earth truly ends." he said. Absently, he pulled the opal necklace from his pocket, watching the light play off the fire opal. He saw the beauty in the necklace now...no longer in the one who'd worn it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:42 pm
"What would you know about the will of the gods, Bomani?" Chione stopped and turned suddenly, getting close enough to him to take the hilt of his sword, drawing it with no trouble. The princess moved back, bringing the blade to her neck. "What if I didn't desire to rule, to leave this place, to..." She stopped herself from saying anymore, her eyes tearing as she saw the torch light of the hallway dance off the metal of the sword in the corner of her eye. "...leave your side." Chione looked back at Bomani, pressing the blade to her skin a little as she dared him to look at her in the eyes.  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:05 am
Bomani reached out and took her wrist. He easily turned the blade away from her neck.
He looked into her eyes now, for the first time in a little while. "I don't believe that you don't wish to leave my side." he lied. "You've led me on before, and broke not just my heart by my very being." he said softly, closing his eyes to stop any tears.
He sighed and looked down. He suddenly felt extremely weary. His hand slipped away from her wrist, slowly, and hung limply at his side, as did his other hand, the chain of the necklace visibly dangling out of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:22 pm
Chione nodded, looking down at the floor to avoid any more contact. "For that, I am sorry." She apologized, seeing that her words had done their job. "But, maybe it was stupid to even think we can be something more." The princess looked to him, her eyes emotionless as she avoided looking into his eyes. "However, think about it this way. If I had broken you so badly, surely the gods have created another woman who could make everything better." Closing her eyes she turned and continued to walk, letting Bomani's sword fall to the floor some distance away. "Goodbye, Bomani."  

Kunoichi Haruhi

6,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Jacob 100

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 pm
Bomani didn't stop. He was going to keep her safe until she reached the arms of her husband, even though it pained him. He followed after her, picking up his sword.
"It's not goodbye yet, Chione." he whispered. "Though every step feels like a dagger to my heart, I still follow you...I know you'll not take me back, but I follow you to make sure you're safe. After this..." he looked away. He was going to do what she'd threatened to do: end it. There wasn't much life left for him: the only one he'd ever loved was leaving him without a proper goodbye, and he would no longer have the job he did when he returned: he would be made into an average soldier, likely until life. He would escape to the desert and live out his days as he'd been born: a nomad, and a wanderer.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games