Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Emo = stupid... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about emo?
It's good.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
It's retarded.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Even POP music is better than EMO!
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Ska is god.
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

alliexz0rz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:54 pm
Canada3952
you know whats fun? going to an emo concert and starting skosh pits with some other ska kids, and laughing at the scensters, the other thing, screamo music is on the average pretty bad and only good use is moshing, but many of the concerts ive been convinced to go toeveryone just stood there, and did nothing, not even mosh, and im just like wtf is going on? we getting our hearing destroyed while standing looking scensterish?
thats not fun, thats why im starting OSSPEC
organization for starting skosh pits at emo concerts
at this point it only exist in my head tho.....

The scene kids there don't even hardcore dance?
wtf.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:18 am
scream whats the point of this topic lol its a known fact emo sucks, so whats the point to just rub it in they're make up covered tearstained faces??? blaugh  

Don Caballero

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:26 am
Wow. I think you're over simplifying and focusing on one aspect of "emo" music. Sure, there is a bunch of horribly retarded music being labeled as emo, but that's mainly the commercialized pop emo. The scene bands that don't make it because of the raw "emotion" in their songs really aren't anything like "Omg gonna cut because my overweight gf is ignoring my IMs"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:13 pm
alliexz0rz
I really hate when people claim to dislike something, when they don't even know what it is.
"Emo" is not short for "Emotional."
"Emo" does not mean Taking Back Sunday and Dashboard Confessional, despite what MTV has lead you to believe in the last few years.
"Emo" is not sidebangs, tight pants, and male vocalists who sing like little girls about their failed relationships.

"Emo" is not the use of diluted, meaningless metaphors and similes such as "My arms are like pinecones,"
and most definitely is not the rampant use of words such as "autumn," "heart," "knife," "bleeding," "leaves," and "razorblade."

That is so true.
I hate how people see something that fits this definition and they're all
"OMG EMO!"
Or something totally out of the scene, and they say the same thing.
COME ON.
It's kind of stupids to point at an Abercrombie model and shout, "EMOEMOEMO!"
sweatdrop  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

Chekur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:51 pm
You know what i say to emo? i say pick up that mood and bring it to an upright upbeat and skank that frown upside down!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:56 pm
User Image  

kicker151

Second Hand Opinion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:25 am
Worthless Marshmellow
This is just my personal opinion but I think EMO music is just stupid.
"I cut myself because my boyfriend doesn't E-love me".
It's just really retarded depressing songs with terrible lyrics.
Why listen to that when you have AWESOME ska music to listen to that makes you happy?
heart Just a thought... heart
Wow, prejudice much? You're using a stereotype there. Some people have real problems you know. You mean scream boohoo, btu the chemical balance in their brains causing depression is pretty much yelling at them telling them that they're worthless. What makes you think you're better than them? That you seem happier, yes, I dislike stereotypical emos. Yet you DARE put cutting in there? Do you even know what a serious issue that is? It's not always cutting either. Do some freakin' research before you start mocking people.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:05 pm
Why judge someone elses sense of music unless you want them to judge you. Plus it's all music and music=life. I happen to like sopme "emo" bands and ska so what does that say about me? mad  

Justastaringproblem

3,950 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:40 pm
Am I the only one who realizes that none of the bands people are talking about qualify as emo?

The new popular bands being labeled as "emo" are pop-rock, at best.

Also, if you decide to do some research on the intarwebz, don't confuse post-punk with emo. Some people make that mistake and try to tell me I listen to emo music because I like Bauhaus and Echo & the Bunnymen.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 pm
:[  

iTriggerHappy

The Leninator!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 pm
Second Hand Opinion
Worthless Marshmellow
This is just my personal opinion but I think EMO music is just stupid.
"I cut myself because my boyfriend doesn't E-love me".
It's just really retarded depressing songs with terrible lyrics.
Why listen to that when you have AWESOME ska music to listen to that makes you happy?
heart Just a thought... heart
Wow, prejudice much? You're using a stereotype there. Some people have real problems you know. You mean scream boohoo, btu the chemical balance in their brains causing depression is pretty much yelling at them telling them that they're worthless. What makes you think you're better than them? That you seem happier, yes, I dislike stereotypical emos. Yet you DARE put cutting in there? Do you even know what a serious issue that is? It's not always cutting either. Do some freakin' research before you start mocking people.

My research is life experience, and here's what I've found- most emos aren't actually depressed and their sadness comes from a life of being spoiled so that when one bad thing happens to them such as a girl/boy friend dumping them (something that happens to pretty much everyone on earth may I add) they think their life is over and the world is terrible and they become extremly emotional. However, most emos I've met are not always depressed, only when something bad happens to them, and most would probably not be diagnosed with depression from a shrink, because they simply tend to over-react. I am speaking as someone who has suffered from depression and the disease is not something where you feel abnormally bad when something bad happens, but where you always feel like something bad happened and you're constantly fatigued and worried.

Anyway, my general saying to emos is that they don't have it bad and they never will unless they become homless or work at a minimum wage job for their entire lives and judging by most emos economic status neither will be true for most, plus, at least they live somewhere where you're not likely to get shot or blown up. The fact is this- if emos were seriously depressed you'd see more adult emos, but most get over it without any mental help at all and function perfectly well as adults. It's just angst. Plus, the music sucks.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:21 pm
Oh right also, in my last post I was talking about most emos now which are dumb a** kids who act depressed and overreact to small things, listen to shitty popular emo music, wear tight pants and some of them cut. When I say "emo kids" I'm not talking about Fugazi fans or anything like that.  

The Leninator!

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:48 pm
Too lazy to read all that s**t. but I have to agree that emo sucks. I just generally don't like it. don't go all blah don't you dare generalize emo. don't worry I won't I don't like any of it.

Dance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:52 pm
its so fun to see people speak so fervantly about something they know nothing about and more than likley have never heard. XD

http://fourfa.com/
http://www.mesaverde.co.uk/mp3/

educate your selves first

"stay sillent and you may be thought a fool, yet speak and you remove all doubt"  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:31 pm
thanks but I knew plenty enough, I'm just not into emo. the old stuff was much better than this s**t they call emo nowadays, but the old stuff still sucked. lol.

Dance

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces