Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Contest Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What art contests would you like to see in 2011?
  Please post your suggestions!
View Results

Midnight Peach

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 pm
I could host one.. I could throw in a little gold to help fund too smile I just need to look at how you guys host them and we would need a theme.

I'll suggest beach or under the sea.. Since it's summer after all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 pm
My Idea: A animal hybrid drawing contest, where there could be two list of animals and participants pick one from each list, then attempt to draw a hybrid between the two animals, complete with original name, and post the art in reply format.
When it would be?: 6-8 weeks
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Partipicants get a chance at consolation prizes, the artists that create the best 3 pieces of art recieve 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, the artists that create the few funniest hybrids recieve 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes.  

Callileirion

Rainbow Flip-Flopper

Midnight Peach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 pm
QTPI1515225
My Idea: A animal hybrid drawing contest, where there could be two list of animals and participants pick one from each list, then attempt to draw a hybrid between the two animals, complete with original name, and post the art in reply format.
When it would be?: 6-8 weeks
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Partipicants get a chance at consolation prizes, the artists that create the best 3 pieces of art recieve 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, the artists that create the few funniest hybrids recieve 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes.

I like this!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 am
I love the hybrid animal contest idea! You can start it as soon as possible and I'll supply the prizes when you choose the winners.  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm
August is now underway. What sort of contest shall we host next?

I was thinking maybe something magical like "Create your own Witch/Wizard?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:10 pm
My Idea: A contest about "Free Hugs" . But you should watch this video first so that you can understand my point. And since September 22 is almost here it would be like an anniversary for when the video was uploaded. I don't even mind if I'm the one who'll give out the prizes. And I'll even make the banner thing for the thread!
When it would be?: Maybe from September 22-October 22
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Grand prize 100k 1st runner up 75k 2nd runner up 50k 3rd runner up 25k  

mini-konn

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:52 pm
mini-konn
My Idea: A contest about "Free Hugs" . But you should watch this video first so that you can understand my point. And since September 22 is almost here it would be like an anniversary for when the video was uploaded. I don't even mind if I'm the one who'll give out the prizes. And I'll even make the banner thing for the thread!
When it would be?: Maybe from September 22-October 22
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Grand prize 100k 1st runner up 75k 2nd runner up 50k 3rd runner up 25k

Sounds cute! Go ahead and do it! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:13 pm
Id like to feet dragon contest in the scedual if possible  

RzDz
Vice Captain

Fleurty
Vice Captain

Invisible Giver

9,600 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:09 pm
I can't thank you guys enough for helping me out with the contests! XD

I want to encourage our members to create art as much as possible but with school, work, being in a wreck, and here recently getting sick it's getting more and more challenging to host these contests. sweatdrop

But I refuse to give up! LOL  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:09 pm
You know, I think I might host a contest, although I think I want to encourage the writers of the guild. I was thinking about making an original story contest (writing and art), but it's going to be difficult since the majority of the members in this guild are mostly artists.

If I am certain to create this, then it's probably going to be separate if there isn't enough writers to participate in the contest. Oh, and I might consider part of the prizes to be commissions along with money (if I have the fund). C:

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:43 pm
My Idea: Video Games
When it would be?: No set date, but it would last about half a month...
What Prizes would the winners receive?: Grand prize :: 50k
Three 15k Prizes (One winner each) ((Most likely: Most Effort, Best Technique, and Best Outfit Design))
Consolation Prize :: 5k (For a favorite that didn't win any of the other four)

My idea was that anyone who was entering would generate a number.
That number would correspond to which video game they would be drawing for.

I also wanted everyone to draw art for each other, so maybe a sign-up period as well?
Then they could generate a number for the person they would draw  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:26 am
Great ideas! Both of you! I will help you in any way I can.

I need to get the Halloween contest thread made, since it's sort of a tradition to have one in this guild.

I would love to save your contest for November, Terei! smile  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:30 am
I'll make a point to set it up this weekend.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:54 am
My Idea: Portraits
When it would be?: Half a month? Most headshots don't take too long
What Prizes would the winners receive?: 50K first, 25K second, 15K third, 5K consolation prizes. (may I request funds if this is chosen? :'D )

becausee I think it's a good idea to practice expressions and focusing on the face only. it could be of an OC, or an avatar, or fan art, or yourself IRL; it could be realistic or anime-influenced; it can be with pencil or painted digitally, whaatever goes whee and drawing faces is uber fun.  

estardust

SLAYDN

Garbage Friend

11,725 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:40 pm
My Idea: I'm thinking that I could host a themed art contest. There would be a Autumn theme with oranges and reds and yellows. For the art contest section you have to draw, paint, ect. anything that you find related to Autumn. I was thinking I could get two other people to judge along my side. We would judge by points, 40 points total maybe? There will be different areas in the art that we look for to judge it. :3
There would also be a tektek contest with only one winner, the theme will be the same as the art contest, something autumn like.

When it would be?: Entire month (To make sure they get enough time)
What Prizes would the winners receive?:

Art Contest:
Grand prize=30k 2nd Place=20k 3rd Place=15k Runners Up=5k
(Only 3 runners up)

Tektek Contest:
Winner=15k  
Contest

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers