Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:12 am
Welcome SoStatic! You're very cute. Good luck with your goals! : D We're here to help. Yeah, I know how you feel about feeling like you look strange. I have a hard time dancing because I'm overweight. (And I have no rhythm, but I think I'd have rhythm if I were less heavy)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am
Hello thank you for the invitation to this guild =]. You can call me Neko, I'm 5'4.5" and 135lbs. My goal is 120lbs. It is good to see that there is a guild like this that supports people that want to lose weight.  

I Takami Heru I

Argenterie

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

8,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 pm
[ ɱαякs тнε sρøт]

Hihi/
I'm X_Marks-The_Spot-MeOw/
Call me X or Angie/
I'm 5'1" and 19olbs/
My goal is 12olbs/

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:46 pm
Welcome to all the new people! 4laugh

Don't forget to check out the food journals subforum! Keeping a food/exercise journal REALLY helps motivate you to stick to your goals and it's also a great way to make new friends within the guild. biggrin  

__penguin__
Captain

Yatsuatari

Hopeless Trash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:24 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Thanassa. You can call me Thana, Thanny or any other nickname as long as I know you're addressing me. :3

I'm 20 years old, 5'4" and weigh 147lbs. My goal weight is something around 130.

I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I have a mild, "seasonal" eating disorder which kind of complicates things. That, and the fact that I consider cooking for myself to be pointless. :<

Btw, my fiance Rousbellion could use an invite to this guild as well. I'm currently encouraging him to lose weight, he needs it a bit more than me, if you know what I mean. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:54 pm
you can call me coffee. I am 21 years old. Been on many diets, have lost weight and then regained it. I started dieting when I was 12. In March of 2008 my mom and me and my dr sat down and talked about my yo yo dieting and my not being able to keep any weight off that I lose. After much discussion and research we decided the best route for me would be the Lapband surgery. We started the process in August of 2008 and my surgery was May 13, 2009. I weighed 248.2 lbs and was standing at 5'6.5'' Since surgery day I have lost 52.6 lbs. I am down to 186.4 and hope to get down to between 140 and 150

anything else you wanna know about me you can check out my profile  

bittersweet irish coffee

mominchat

mominchat

Sweet Smoker

10,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 pm
Hi, I'm Lisa.
I'm 19 years old and live in Michigan.
I'll start off by saying that I actually have an eating disorder. Back in 07, I was 326 lbs. I tried to lose weight healthily but began to spiral into a binge/purge habit. In between there, I'd try to stop purging by restricting and of course, I'd lapse back into purging. So, I'm guessing you can call me a bulimic.
I got into a relationship last year and the person I was with got me to stop counting calories which in turn also made me stop purging. But, I still had horrid eating habits. And being that way made me feel worthless around him. I ended the relationship for reasons that didn't have anything to do with my eating disorder but of course, I was still left with my problems. I didn't count calories anymore but I purged more than ever. I had dropped to 250 lbs., had lost hair (which grew back in during my relationship), was hospitalized twice for dehydration and I was miserable. I am miserable. I'm done being miserable.
I gained 30 pounds back rapidly during all my attempts at recovery.
I'm trying again to recover. I looked into the mirror today and realized that if I don't try, I'd be dead before I can even see thin.
I have a low self esteem so sometimes, anything negative that happens to me can get me to stop eating which in turn will bring on a binge because my body is always craving sugar and it'll get it one way or another.
I'm trying to be a more positive person. I'm actually not all that depressed around others but inside, I'm fighting the world. I'm done feeling so bad about myself and no matter what, I'm going to commit myself to living a healthy life.
I can lose this weight. I know I can. But I need to feel comfortable doing it slowly and in a way that doesn't damage me. I also need to realize that I'm more than what others say I am. I can be happy if I make myself be happy.

So, I start now. And I hope that everything will work out in the end. This is actually the farthest I've gotten in an attempt to recover: finally admitting that I have a problem and letting others know that I want to fix myself. I would hide before but I think hiding would just fuel my disorder even more.
No, I don't have therapy, counseling, any of the above. No insurance either. I don't think it would do me any good really. But once I have insurance, I'm looking into getting a therapist of some kind. I could use help with this and much more in my life.

Hello to all of you. =]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:55 am
Hello! New here! *waves*

The name is Teryn. I'm 26 years old. I spent the last couple years having kids and altho I've never been considered "thin" and have spent most of my life as "chunky" the addition of the 2 years of pregancy (I have a 1 year old son and a 2 year old son) have definitely added to an already icky weight situation.

I used to be more healthy, even during the first trimester of my first pregnancy. I exercised a few times a week, I love my fruits and veggies... and I was never a concern medically. But with the added weight, I now keep running risks of higher blood pressure.

I want to keep up with my kids as they get older and I really don't want to turn all "frumpy"

I want to feel healthy and like I live life.

Sorry I'm writing like a life story, but it's a good introduction. I'm 5'8" and would like to weigh about 150-180 lbs, and am currently over 230 lbs *cringe*  

FallThruStardust

Ornate Fairy

8,675 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:51 pm
Hey, I'm Dementia! I'm 17.
I've been working on losing weight since around August. I'm at 148ish now, but started at 150lbs. My goal is to get to 115-120ish, and then decide from there whether or not I want to lose any more.
I've always been bordering overweight, even as a child. Not the kind of 'OMG WHY ARE HER PARENTS FEEDING HER SHE IS SO FAT' kind, but the 'Oh, she's a bit bigger then the other girls.'
I'm taking this into my own hands now, and I want to be thin.
I'm fairly active, in that I go to the gym nearly every day, and have encouraging friends around me to continue staying motivated.
I hope to reach my goals with all of you :]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:19 pm
Hello, I'm Alex. I'm female, 22, 5'5", and weigh 180 pounds. My goal weight is 150. I actually started this year weighing 213 after a bad breakup and a quarter-life crisis that involved a lot of binge eating. Therapy helped me deal with the binging, so now I'm trying to get all the extra weight off.  

CherokeeAlex

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:27 pm
Forum explosion! Welcome everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i'm erica.
i'm nineteen years old.
i'm 5'3 or something along those lines.
i weight 175 pounds,
sorry, that picture kind of sucks,
that's all i've really got, i took it a couple days ago.
i'm trying to get down to 110 or something.
i used to yoyo really bad because i used to be really skinny
and then really fat, i was bulimic for a long time during high school,
and that frazzled my metabolism.

the one thing i miss about school is cheerleading,
our training was so intense that i could eat whatever i want and stay skinny. ;o

ericurr

out of the woods

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:09 pm
Hey hey, there. My name's Kimberlee. I'm nineteen and living in California, where I'm literally the laziest person you'll ever meet. I have loads of free time that I don't know what to do with, yet I always end up doing something that isn't health-based. What fun is there in doing otherwise, right?

I've been overweight for quite a bit of time. Years and years. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was a completely healthy, normal-weight little nine year old (I got all of the luck there), but ever since then, I steadily gained and gained. There's more to it, but I'll share more when I make a journal (because making one seems like I really snazzy idea on here).

It's nice to see everyone's awesome progress on here. It seems so much better to have a group of supportive people around you, even if you don't know them that well. Everyone's fighting for the same thing, everyone gains knowledge for this one subject, and everyone likes to feel like the effort they're making is worth something, right? If not, recording one's progress is always helpful. But yeah, you all already knew this. I personally need to try anything for motivation. Because it's not that I have a hard time; it's because I choose not to do anything.

I take a few classes at a community college and am unemployed, living with relatives at the moment. I have parents and siblings, but live with none of them. I like writing, using this cursed computer, dabbling with video-making, playing video games, anime, fantasy, and all of that fun jazz. Everyone thinks I'm kind of a weirdo, but I like me anyway (aside from my weight, o'course).

User Image
A warning that my computer's camera makes me 2x glowier than reality.

I tend to go off for a while sometimes. Pardon my long intro.

sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:35 am
Hi! I'm Mariya, 19 years old and currently living in Australia (originally from Ukraine, lived in the US for a while, and hoping to move to Canada some day and then travel the world -- big dreams!) I'm a uni student with part-time work, still living with my parents =3.

I'd like to lose some weight and look great for my birthday, which is at the end of May. I'm 5"7 and weigh 63kg (138.5 lbs). I'd like to be 125-130 lbs or so. I've tried to lose some weight without any support and it was an epic fail, which is why I'm here.

Sorry, no picture! I get all paranoid about internet stalkers, lol.  

Sunsway

LOL DROP MY NAME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 am
My name is Kayte,
I am eighteen years old, hailing from Newcastle, Australia.
I am 6' tall and weigh about 110kg [roughly 220lbs gonk ]
I am in a long-term-long-distance relationship with a boy
I have been in love with for seven years, and who loves me equally.
In April, I am going to be going there and living with him for a month.
I do not want to be 110kg when I get there.
I have always been on the big side,
and my build will never allow me to be super skinny,
Which i'm glad about, because it means I will have maintained my curves.
My goal is to lose 35kg, dropping 4 dress sizes.
My problem is that I am un-motivated.

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games