Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:23 pm
Nines19

On tea, for me; I've only ever had bag tea/tisanes but this thread made me want to try "real" tea, heh. After I get enough money I'll probably get some. Any recommendations for a tea-newb who's constantly thirsty and likes cooler and/or lemony drinks?

Neo Citr*is Shot*  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:12 pm
Nines19
On tea, for me; I've only ever had bag tea/tisanes but this thread made me want to try "real" tea, heh. After I get enough money I'll probably get some. Any recommendations for a tea-newb who's constantly thirsty and likes cooler and/or lemony drinks?
I'd do a cold brewed aracha if you can find it.  

TeaDidikai

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:51 pm
Peppermint Tea

10% Peppermint. 90% Love.

heart heart heart

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:45 pm
Nines19
Calixti
So I finally found a stovetop tea kettle--three dollars for an old stainless steel one at a local thrift store, yey! Only problem is, it's got that powdery-looking white buildup inside it. I managed to get it out of the inside of the main part of the kettle and lid by boiling diluted vinegar in it, but it's still around the top edge of the kettle and lid (where the two meet) and inside the spout. Any tips for how to remove it so I can actually use the kettle?

Try a toothbrush. I might not know much about tea, but cleaning I'm alright on. Toothbrushes are highly underrated cleaning tools. 3nodding
I thought about that. A toothbrush won't fit inside the spout. It's too narrow. gonk  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:35 am
Seira Relur
Peppermint Tea

10% Peppermint. 90% Love.

heart heart heart
Is NOT Tea. stare

Did you read the thread?  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:36 am
Calixti
Nines19
Calixti
So I finally found a stovetop tea kettle--three dollars for an old stainless steel one at a local thrift store, yey! Only problem is, it's got that powdery-looking white buildup inside it. I managed to get it out of the inside of the main part of the kettle and lid by boiling diluted vinegar in it, but it's still around the top edge of the kettle and lid (where the two meet) and inside the spout. Any tips for how to remove it so I can actually use the kettle?

Try a toothbrush. I might not know much about tea, but cleaning I'm alright on. Toothbrushes are highly underrated cleaning tools. 3nodding
I thought about that. A toothbrush won't fit inside the spout. It's too narrow. gonk

Well that's not cool.
Maybe try scraping it off with chopsticks or the like? Unless you can find one of those weird looking little brushes that people use to clean in between braces with. (At least, I think that's what they're for.)

@ Tea and STD: I'll definitely look for those, thankees.  

Nines19

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:09 am
Sounds like limescale, which is a problem here (hard water area). You can buy little wire mesh things to put in the kettle and they trap it or something.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:14 am
For the spout, try a bottle brush. They usually sell them in the baby section, but I use mine to clean out our fancy oil and vinegar bottles.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:51 am
patch99329
Sounds like limescale, which is a problem here (hard water area). You can buy little wire mesh things to put in the kettle and they trap it or something.
I like CLR myself.

Someone remind me what metals this kettle is made from?  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:11 am
TeaDidikai
patch99329
I like CLR myself.

It's stainless steel. Same model as the one my parents threw out when it got icky white crap in the bottom after I went to college (they fail at taking care of kettles).  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:23 am
Calixti
TeaDidikai
patch99329
I like CLR myself.

It's stainless steel. Same model as the one my parents threw out when it got icky white crap in the bottom after I went to college (they fail at taking care of kettles).
If it's 100% steel, it is likely lime.

Bottle brushes/tooth brushes with CLR and a quick rinse followed by soapy water and another rinse should do it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:46 am
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai
patch99329
I like CLR myself.

Bottle brushes/tooth brushes with CLR and a quick rinse followed by soapy water and another rinse should do it.
I can't use CLR. Or any strong chemicals, the fumes irritate my lungs too much. gonk  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 am
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai
patch99329
I like CLR myself.

I can't use CLR. Or any strong chemicals, the fumes irritate my lungs too much. gonk
Try mixing 1c white vinegar to 5c distilled water. Let it soak for about a half an hour then scrub with the tooth brush.

It takes more time and elbow grease, but it works.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:20 pm
I actually used to work in an Apothecary/Tea Bar for almost a year. My absolute favorite is a Cherry Rose Green Tea. They took some high quality sencha green tea leaves and mixed them with rose petals that were soaked in cherry. Brew it and then pour it over ice. *dies* The best, bar none. And normally I hate fruit infused teas. I'm also I huge fan of jasmine pearl (but who isn't?) and kokeicha (which is a relatively inexpensive ceremonial green tea. it's strong though so watch out razz )  

Princess of Rhymes

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:42 pm
CloudRunnerFox
They took some high quality sencha green tea leaves and mixed them with rose petals that were soaked in cherry.
That... poor sencha. cry
Quote:

I'm also I huge fan of jasmine pearl (but who isn't?)
People who don't like eating flowers?

Quote:
and kokeicha (which is a relatively inexpensive ceremonial green tea. it's strong though so watch out razz )
It translates as "formed tea", and is basically matcha that has been extruded through small holes so that it looks like pine needles.

The process tends to darken the tea and the reason it's less expensive is because it is very difficult to tell the freshness because of the color change.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games