Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wodewose

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:38 am
Invictus_88
Hm. I've heard the former, but I've no idea what it's from.

the Goon Show  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:32 pm
Screag
British comedy is definately superior because it requires a little bit more brain activity then most. But I dont think it's infallible, I've seen some stuff coming out of britian that really just makes me cringe.

True, true. You always have to sift. I think we raise to the top the right people generally though..the comedians that we share as being funny, that get the awards, they do tend to be good at what they do.

Our TV, of course, is different because you get that awful fact that the more television you put out the more of the crap stuff you are going to put out as well! Some of our television comedy is dire.  

ficklefiend
Crew

RyanTheBoot

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:30 am
The Young Ones.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:27 am
wodewose
I can honestly say that, in all the years it`s been going I have never watched "big brother", nor have any great desire to....
I find it horribly addictive... I dont want to watch it but I cant help myself gonk They are an interesting bunch this year though...  

xXx White Lily xXx

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:29 am
xXx White Lily xXx
wodewose
I can honestly say that, in all the years it`s been going I have never watched "big brother", nor have any great desire to....
I find it horribly addictive... I dont want to watch it but I cant help myself gonk They are an interesting bunch this year though...

Every series, you think it can't possibly get any worse, and then it does.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:14 am
I'd say this series is probably better than the last..  

xXx White Lily xXx

Bronze Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:18 pm
Knightsedge
Black Adder and Fawlty Towers are unbeatable. wink

Yes! Agreed. I was brought up as a child on Blackadder. I asked a lot of embarrassing questions to my mother as a result.

I've seen each Faulty Towers episode a million times each!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:35 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by43joQLYj8

Oh my, it's so very very good. And so much better than the best of American satire, which is a nice addition to an already good feeling.

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:46 am
Invictus_88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by43joQLYj8

Oh my, it's so very very good. And so much better than the best of American satire, which is a nice addition to an already good feeling.

*snarls* The Daily Show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:20 am
I went to see Dylan Moran earlier this week.

Ah dear, what can I say, Aberdeen seems to be a hard gig. I can't decide whether it's the crowd being hard to get going or the acts being tired and not really caring about a small, granitey city.

The best line- "I love you, I love you, I love you.. Enough with words already! Now represent your affections in cake form!"

Also his annoyance at not being able to smoke and throwing chocolate at the audience.

He just didn't seem to hit his stride at any point and the bits that were obviously prepared were good and very funny when he rattled them off but the rest was sadly not as good as expected. It was really short too. Only an hour without the break and dodgy microphone start.

Hmm..I am starting to think I should make the trip to Glasgow to see some shows from now on.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:01 am
ficklefiend
I went to see Dylan Moran earlier this week.

Ah dear, what can I say, Aberdeen seems to be a hard gig. I can't decide whether it's the crowd being hard to get going or the acts being tired and not really caring about a small, granitey city.

The best line- "I love you, I love you, I love you.. Enough with words already! Now represent your affections in cake form!"

Also his annoyance at not being able to smoke and throwing chocolate at the audience.

He just didn't seem to hit his stride at any point and the bits that were obviously prepared were good and very funny when he rattled them off but the rest was sadly not as good as expected. It was really short too. Only an hour without the break and dodgy microphone start.

Hmm..I am starting to think I should make the trip to Glasgow to see some shows from now on.

Ooooh, you have just made me so jealous. Begone with you and your Moran-seeing-ness.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:40 am
Panthino the Moth

Ooooh, you have just made me so jealous. Begone with you and your Moran-seeing-ness.

mrgreen

It was cool just to be there to be honest. They were selling pre-signed programmes too so I got one. It has his drawings from the show that go up behind him, you know? Nice.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:05 am
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Foreigner's_Guide_to_British_Humour

Granted, it's more Pyton than Fortune.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:35 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7WZVZtC7oI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQgptkb8fho  

and_solo_said

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games