Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 pm
-A M P-
So your saying that we can only make spells and what not that copy or mimic abilities already ok'ed for normal use, as per the example that Fargore gave? So we could make stuff like...

Apprentice Headband: 4EQ
Grants the Skilled Actor Ability.

But not things like in my original example?

No, what I'm saying is that I think it should go a little more like this:

Player: Hey! I want to make this spell (insert spell stats here)

DM: Allright, let me take a look at it. (DM looks at spell). Hmm. It's a little over balanced. You can keep the (1) but you'll have to get rid of the (2), (or change the costs, etc) OR the DM says: Oh, that looks fine. Spell accepted.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:23 pm
Is that going to be any DM? Or is that responisibilty going to go soley to the Organization runner (aka Fury).

Assumably, whoever makes the discision, they would have to have it approved my a Major DM.  

-A M P-

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:25 pm
Absolutely. But that would be true of your system as well AND doing it this way allows the players to use their own creativity and truly design a spell that's theirs (not to mention that since THEY came up with the specifics, the DMs wont' have to, which will reduce the strain on the DMs to come up with new stuff).  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:30 pm
OK then, so we leave the creative control to the characters in this particular instance. I would be fine with that.

I was just suggesting an alternative way so thta things don't get out of control...

Like my Super Nova spell:

Super Nova: 10MP
Deal 3 times your magic score to all enemy combatants.  

-A M P-

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:40 pm
I do understand what you mean. But we can keep things from getting out of control simply by requiring that all item creations must be approved before they can be used.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:06 pm
Basically what you two just agreed on is what I was more or less thinking. I just used examples that had common stuff on the guild so that the examples could be easy to understand and used as a base line for what stuff should cost. I got no problem with characters making their own completely unique ideas. And I was actually going to allow both Minor DM’s to accept and implement created items without my approval.

That’s why I said that if a DM has something that they are not sure about they can toss it up to me. But I think I can trust in the judgment of the two minors at this point so if they want that power I will give them the authority to approve creation items themselves. And of course these items are subject to nerfing at later times if deemed necessary.

(Items that would be considered “Common” items in the guild would still have to pass threw me)  

FARGORE
Captain

-A M P-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:11 pm
Ok then, good to know we are on the same page then!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:12 pm
So, if we want to have an item made where would a person post that? Would they post that on their organization's thread or in a seperate thread that we'll make in the organization subforum?  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:12 pm
I accept these responsibilities.

Give me a break from sortting out the lost souls of those fallen in the PVP area. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:19 pm
Actually yes... we should dicuss the further break down of Org's so we can get them fully up and running...

like I said earlier as well....

Quote:
Also as far as the Org's go...
Is each Org going to be run by an NPC? How are we going to decide on who are the NPC's and Who's going to be runing those NPC's?

DM of Death

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:25 pm
I think only the organizations with NPCs already are going to be ran by NPCs. The others are just going to be ran by the players in them, I think. That is just my opinion and view on this.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:31 pm
Just a thought;

Until someone requests an organization quest, or a DM decides to run an Organization quest, there is no real need for an NPC in each Organization. When one of the previous situations occurs, then the DM that sets it up will run their own NPC as needed.  

Wedry

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:37 pm
I remember Fargore saying something along the lines of each would be run by an NPC but the sects would be run by players. And the NPC is really just a person whom you RP you item creation and quest requests too... so this doesn't have to be too strenious...

Perhaps current members of the org's can help design the NPC's that run the place?

That might be a fun little side project. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:39 pm
hmm I love creating characters and back stories, I wouldn't mine making up npc's for the places  

Kowsauni
Crew

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 pm
I don’t mind making them either. I can actually do that on scrap paper while in class. so why not let the players make half of them and we can split the other half amongst us DM’s. They should be powerful, so like 240 CP? And of course they should have lots of their org abilities for obvious reasons.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games